Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Escape From New York

1. #136 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,312 Times in 8,474 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    toll roads are dedicated high speed roads.
    Can you really call it a "high speed" road when you are forced to stop for tolls?

It is a lousy way to collect money. Imagine if every time you got a paycheck, an IRS agent would stop you on the way out of work, and require you to pay your taxes then and there. Imagine how much time and money that would waste for both you, and the IRS.

It is just wasteful to stop cars to collect money, over half the money collected goes to pay for the tolls themselves.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

Taichiliberal (06-02-2020)

3. #137 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

US Economic Growth
    I just don't see the "big growth" you are claiming trump has been having. In fact, according to your own data, Obama had 6 quarters (a year and a half total) of higher growth than anything trump ever had. trump wasted a lot of money promising us 6, 7, 8, or even 10% growth... he delivered more of the Obama moderate growth, but with some extremely terrible underlying defects.

4. #138 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Can you really call it a "high speed" road when you are forced to stop for tolls?

It is a lousy way to collect money. Imagine if every time you got a paycheck, an IRS agent would stop you on the way out of work, and require you to pay your taxes then and there. Imagine how much time and money that would waste for both you, and the IRS.

It is just wasteful to stop cars to collect money, over half the money collected goes to pay for the tolls themselves.
    transponders. turistas can prepay with rental cars. Due to corona the actual toll takers have been suspended and liscense plates photos are now billed

Traffic moves fast and is not bogged down with tolls.

5. #139 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I just don't see the "big growth" you are claiming trump has been having. In fact, according to your own data, Obama had 6 quarters (a year and a half total) of higher growth than anything trump ever had. trump wasted a lot of money promising us 6, 7, 8, or even 10% growth... he delivered more of the Obama moderate growth, but with some extremely terrible underlying defects.
    Obama and Trump both have high deficits -Congress is largely responsible for both
    Obama had some nasty neg. years, Trump were all positive -steady GDP growth.
    WAges grew for lower incomes under Trump,while Obama wage increases were nmore skewed to higher incomes

6. #140 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Trump were all positive -steady GDP growth.
    trump was all positive, moderate growth, until is was not positive, moderate growth, but was instead one of the worst collapses we have seen in almost a hundred years.

Obama and Trump both have high deficits
    Throw in Bush who had a high deficit too. Obama and Bush had high deficits because we were in a severe recession, and we needed to get out of it. After we got out, Obama started reducing the deficit quickly.

trump increased the deficit during a time of moderate growth. he wanted better growth, but he only delivered more moderate growth, along with fundamental issues with the economy.

7. #141 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,726 Times in 4,159 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,364 Times in 1,289 Posts
    Blog Entries

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal
    Here's what our Southern (dumb)Belle just stated, folks:

your point is that "residents are subject to numerous tolls". That is wrong.
    MOTORISTS -not residents are subject -and it's not all roads it's usually high speed toll roads.

So by her "logic" NO FLORIDIAN DRIVES A CAR OR USES A ROAD THAT HITS THE TOLLS SHE MENTIONS (or in numbers worth mentioning). Then she repeats her idiocy about tourists paying the majority of tolls as an "offset". I mean really, is there an option in the state tax the checks of "non-tourist toll payer" that gives a refund? A death defying display of insipid stubbornness and stupidity by Anatta...bless her lil' ol' heart.

And now the topper....another grudge holding Confederate clown who mouths off generalities as if they're bonafide fact. So Anatta is having a case of the vapors because New Yorkers RETIRE to Florida (as if NYer's are the only ones that do), and then they (gasp!) vote for Democrats. So according to this icon of Southern sanctity, ALL relocated New Yorkers are stupid Democrats. No proof, just her supposition and conjecture.

Riddle me this sweetpea,,,,how's damn near 30 years of reaganomics working out for the country? I guess all the Job Creators relocated to Florida.
    Carry on, Scarlett!

hysterical garbage. you can't follow the simplist of logic and say stuff that I didn;t say

about tourists paying the majority of tolls

never said that either

So according to this icon of Southern sanctity, ALL relocated New Yorkers are stupid Democrats. No proof, just her supposition and conjecture.
    false. and I never claimed this -buta majority of NY's that move here are Dems
    You can't lie or BS your way out of this in a printed medium, darl'in. When you stated "motorists" do you think that no Floridians drive? Let me dumb it down for you.....IF YOU DRIVE A CAR INTERSTATE IN FLORIDA, YOU ARE LIKELY TO HIT A TOLL(S) THAT DO NOT EXIST IN NEW YORK. Got that sweetpea? No exemptions. If you can prove otherwise, do.

That was the whole point of my initial post regarding this. Now if the tourists out number the locals on the roads, then they contribute more, NOT TOTAL, to the state coffers.

Got it now, honey lamb? I hope so, because I tire trying to educate the willfully ignorant and insipidly stubborn. Carry on.
    Last edited by Taichiliberal; 06-01-2020 at 12:54 PM.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

8. #142 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yeah, genius....it's the trend started under Obama in his last term...a struggle against an obstructionist GOP majority congress and the leftover near depression from 8 years of the Shurb's reaganomics on steroids. Geez, think it through!
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

9. #143 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    You can't lie or BS your way out of this in a printed medium, darl'in. Here's what you posted:
    I sincerely hope any job you have doesn't require reading. you are obviously too stupid to make a decent post, read what I write -and on top of those 2 failures call me a liar/bullshitter.

10. #144 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I sincerely hope any job you have doesn't require reading. you are obviously too stupid to make a decent post, read what I write -and on top of those 2 failures call me a liar/bullshitter.
    Put your skirt down, sweety…..a simple error that's corrected. Muster up some courage and read: https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...63#post3685463

George Orwell

11. #145 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Put your skirt down, sweety…..a simple error that's corrected. Muster up some courage and read: https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...63#post3685463
    I read it. you can't post for shit , but i read it
    by me:
    hysterical garbage. you can't follow the simplist of logic and say stuff that I didn;t say

about tourists paying the majority of tolls
    less insults and more comprehension on your part is needed

12. #146 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 15 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WitoldPilecki View Post
    The South stinks, a bunch of Scottish blooded derelicts, drunks, and meth heads, no thanks.
    Move to the west !!!
    You won’t find a Jew for miles and very few blacks

13. #147 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Midwest is so much poverty and filth
    Horrible weather too

14. #148 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

South has millions of Irish trash !!
    Irish are the lowest types of whites in the USA

15. #149 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Obama and Trump both have high deficits -Congress is largely responsible for both
    Obama had some nasty neg. years, Trump were all positive -steady GDP growth.
    WAges grew for lower incomes under Trump,while Obama wage increases were nmore skewed to higher incomes
    So Republicans who claim to be conservative are anything but. We already knew that. As for the part about Trump boosting lower incomes as opposed to Obama, you made that up. It's false.

Obama had nasty years? LOL, no he didn't. After his first year, he did not have a year with negative growth. His highest year was 2.9 his lowest was 1.6. Hey, why don't you spend the afternoon making up some more economic bullshit? That should keep you busy.

16. #150 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

She's just stubborn to the point of insipidness on this. She can't logically defend her statement, and just babbles like a parrot.

George Orwell