Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Escape From New York

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,454 Times in 9,909 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 867 Times in 825 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WitoldPilecki View Post
    The South stinks, a bunch of Scottish blooded derelicts, drunks, and meth heads, no thanks.
    Quit being such an asshole. You dont know shit kid. I have been around the block a couple times and 1 thing I can tell you...... There are good and bad people EVERYWHERE. Its all in how YOU choose to conduct YOUR SELF and who you choose to associate with.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,454 Times in 9,909 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 867 Times in 825 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    ^stay up north, bare the freezing temps , high taxes and progressive politics.. works forme2
    Im fine with you guys banning him,...he's an asshole anyway. Just as long as you let ME in,...Im one of the good guys!...LOL

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,338 Times in 2,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 633 Times in 549 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    First and foremost- POLITICS is not a factor on where I choose to live! I think anyone who does use politics as a factor is fucking stupid to say the least.

I probably would live in the rural areas of either Florida or New York state- if I had to choose to live in either state.

I love mountains and fly-fishing a little more than beaches or deep-sea or bubba fishing so New York gets the edge there.

I like warmer winter weather so Florida gets the edge there. I never experienced a White Christmas, so I feel like I kinda missed something there.

Both states tend to have higher than normal living expenses so both of those states suck in that department.

I think my finale decision would be- NEITHER!

Texas has Mountains and Beaches, normal cost of living expenses, warmer winters, and trout fishing just a few hours away.

I'll probably just stick around here!
    My brother had to get out of Texas in a hurry. The humidity and mosquitoes were a bit oppressive. When they showed up after driving all day from Chicago in a moving van, Houston had a great flood. Then they had the hurricane and other times it flooded. Basically wintertime was outdoor season because every other time was raining or oppressively hot and humid. He got a job in Denver and have been so happy. Not only is it a great area but Denver is currently telling vacationers to not even think about showing up apparently.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,175 Times in 7,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
    My brother had to get out of Texas in a hurry. The humidity and mosquitoes were a bit oppressive. When they showed up after driving all day from Chicago in a moving van, Houston had a great flood. Then they had the hurricane and other times it flooded. Basically wintertime was outdoor season because every other time was raining or oppressively hot and humid. He got a job in Denver and have been so happy. Not only is it a great area but Denver is currently telling vacationers to not even think about showing up apparently.
    Colorado is just a few hours away. I have vacationed there and New Mexico many times, almost annually. I would have moved there a long time ago, if I thought I would like the winters there.

I don't worry about floods because I listened to my grandfather, "You can buy bottom land or high on a hill- YOUR CHOICE.

I'm not a fan of skeeters either, but Texas is no worse here than Colorado, in my opinion. Now Alaska? That's pretty bad! I live in DFW so I don't worry about hurricanes either.

I've played the club circuit downtown Denver and up and down Colfax a few times and that has always been fun. The music scene is always good in Colorado. The fishing is always great too!
    Last edited by Geeko Sportivo; 05-25-2020 at 03:35 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

Charoite (05-25-2020)

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    Gators, hurricanes, oppressive heat. No thanks.
    World class fishing so I can deal with the rest of it.

For a vacation. Too flat for my tastes and they have hellish critters they call ‘bugs’ so not sure I’d want to live there.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Althea (05-25-2020)

8. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    World class fishing so I can deal with the rest of it.

For a vacation. Too flat for my tastes and they have hellish critters they call ‘bugs’ so not sure I’d want to live there.
    Interesting tidbit about fish in Florida, even though the State is surrounded on three sides by water, the fish menu at most restaurants is full of cold water fish. Other than shrimp, grouper, and konk chowder, what is left all taste the same and is generally bland

9. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 1,063 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Quit being such an asshole. You dont know shit kid. I have been around the block a couple times and 1 thing I can tell you...... There are good and bad people EVERYWHERE. Its all in how YOU choose to conduct YOUR SELF and who you choose to associate with.
    There's vastly different proportions in different areas.

In New York the crime is mostly urbanized, and the surburbs are mostly safe.

Not like that in Florida, where no where is safe.

10. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Got to love it when a Floridian attacks New York, one of the Blue States that subsides Florida's State budget, imagine where all those Floridians would be if they had to pay the full amount of their flood insurance

A large percentage of those New Yorkers "escaping" to Florida are snowbirds, they declare residence in Florida but spend close to the same amount of time at home in the NorthEast, who in the hell wants to stay in Florida in the spring and summer months

I don't know where you got the schools and roads thing from, one drive thru Orlando and that kills that fabrication, and Cuomo ain't running for President

Got to laugh at the Floridians inferiority complex when it comes to NY, seems all that sun and beach still can't kill the feeling that they are missing something
    so.... if you say is what is true (and it's not )..then why are all the NY's moving down here??

we are gaining population,and NY is losing it -and the Damn Yanks flock down here and vote fucked up

11. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,073 Times in 6,783 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,829 Times in 1,694 Posts

so.... if you say is what is true (and it's not )..then why are all the NY's moving down here??

we are gaining population,and NY is losing it -and the Damn Yanks flock down here and vote fucked up
    You think this is something new?

People get old. They move south.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

Althea (05-25-2020)

13. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 1,063 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 180 Posts

LOL, Most Whites in New York lean Republican, it's mostly Blacks, Latinos, Asians & Jews which make New York City vote so Democrat.

You Scottish dunderheads down South are as dumb as a box of rocks, still disgruntled & fighting the Civil War.

14. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,632 Times in 4,084 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,357 Times in 1,282 Posts
    Blog Entries

In Florida, you pay higher insurance costs than other parts of the country.
    Toll roads are everywhere
    https://www.aclufl.org/en/issues/racial-justice

No one, no where, is perfect.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

15. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Told you, snowbirds, the baby boomers have hit retirement, but as I said, their back come the advent of Spring

16. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    Money for nothing..... and the bagels are better in Jersey.
    Best bagels are all over NYC..... Especially @ 2AM in the Bronx w/ 30 fresh choices to choose from...
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

17. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WitoldPilecki View Post
    Most counties in New York voted Trump, NYC is like 10% White Christian, no wonder why they vote so much against Trump.
    When will you be moving down there for good??
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

18. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"Go West (not south) New Yorkers"