Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Escape From New York

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    I don't think you really mean that.......... Ppl in Florida have been inviting ppl from New York for over 100 years or so..

I think your just a lil insecure your place on the beach is in danger from the Polish Adonis migrants...
    sorry. i do not do ethnics characterizations.

My little development near Seaworld is incredible diverse.
    We got as many Russian as Snowbirds as ex-NY'ers fleeing from high taxes. (ex.)

Northerners like myself ( if Maryland is a blue state?) long ago fled the insane costs of living up there. true.

what is NEW is the PACE and the CONCENTRATION of N.Yorkers fleeing DeBlasio and his progressive hell

Again -read the OP for those specific details

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,362 Times in 14,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Tru.

I recall thinking about that when I lived in the city....... Laying in bed there was another person one foot away the other side of the cement & cinder wall, some above me & others below on the other floors beneath.. Solitude was hard to come by but when I moved out to Far ROckaway I was able to find it on the abandoned beaches, fishing, crabbing & clamming.. Was so opposite from working in Manhattan 5 days a week..
    I live in a 15 story building. I love it. My daughter's young so it's fine. Would I want her to grow up in this building? Eh, I see why parents like yards and being able to play in street, having other kids around etc. Cost of school will probably ultimately drive me out of the City but I love the action. Too quiet in the 'burbs and rural areas.

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,073 Times in 6,783 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,829 Times in 1,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    you are as usual lacking in the comprehension of the article.

It's not "old people moving south"/ Its' New Yorkers of all groups and income fleeing NY for Florida..Hope that helps
    Didn't even read it.

4. The Following User Groans At BartenderElite For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (05-25-2020)

5. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    Didn't even read it.

6. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,073 Times in 6,783 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,829 Times in 1,694 Posts

Hey - it's just like your hero, dukkha.

We're in a post-truth world now. Facts don't matter. Research doesn't matter. Experts don't matter.

Don't have double-standards now. Be consistent.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

jimmymccready (05-25-2020)

8. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    They could move to New Mexico which has a couple of Corona hot spots. How does that work according to heat will end it?
    Depends on the situation in New Mexico: family, moisture, nursing home, church, etc.
    Russian trolls and their supporters go on Ignore, automatically: no second chance.

9. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hey - it's just like your hero, dukkha. We're in a post-truth world now. Facts don't matter. Research doesn't matter. Experts don't matter. Don't have double-standards now. Be consistent.
    Yep, good bye to the double dealing anti-vax, AGW, flat earth, fake news, alt facts, etc., folks.
    Russian trolls and their supporters go on Ignore, automatically: no second chance.

10. The Following User Groans At jimmymccready For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (05-25-2020)

11. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hey - it's just like your hero, dukkha.

We're in a post-truth world now. Facts don't matter. Research doesn't matter. Experts don't matter.

Don't have double-standards now. Be consistent.
    The fact is Trump ran a very successful presidency both on the economy and foreign policy pre-COVID.
    He obviously listened to the experts -shutting down the economy ( a key to his re-election)
    in favor of advice from "the experts"

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (05-25-2020), Darth Omar (05-26-2020)

13. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 6 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Incomes in NYC are much higher. Many even commute from the suburbs. My dad did for most of his life. You have to be rich to live in NYC!

Are you due north?
    Yes, due north along the NY side of the Berkshires. About 80 miles north.
    When you cuss a farmer, don't talk with your mouth full.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamewell45 For This Post:

Althea (05-26-2020)

15. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I live in a 15 story building. I love it. My daughter's young so it's fine. Would I want her to grow up in this building? Eh, I see why parents like yards and being able to play in street, having other kids around etc. Cost of school will probably ultimately drive me out of the City but I love the action. Too quiet in the 'burbs and rural areas.
    Have you lived in the burbs?? There are homes w/ yards many places in the city as well.

You have bart, you can read the paper, play video games on your phone or laptop, catch a snooze etc....... YOu got options bro, there's lots of nice places around you..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

16. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,362 Times in 14,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Have you lived in the burbs?? There are homes w/ yards many places in the city as well.

You have bart, you can read the paper, play video games on your phone or laptop, catch a snooze etc....... YOu got options bro, there's lots of nice places around you..
    I’ve never lived in the burbs. For the most part I’ve lived in Oakland, SF and LA. Now Oakland has a suburban feel to it when you are outside the downtown area. My neighborhood was single family homes so it had somewhat of a suburban feel in an urban area.

Lots of very nice suburbs around me for sure.

17. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I’ve never lived in the burbs. For the most part I’ve lived in Oakland, SF and LA. Now Oakland has a suburban feel to it when you are outside the downtown area. My neighborhood was single family homes so it had somewhat of a suburban feel in an urban area.

Lots of very nice suburbs around me for sure.
    you have time, + the buyers market is just around the corner...lol

Having a yard & a larger home is no panacea either....... Stuff always needs to be fixed, improved, painted etc

The yard always needs attending & the kids prob won't even go in the backyard once they are adolescents..

You could put in a pool or buy one w/ it, but then you got the same problem as w/ the back yard+15,000 gallons of obsolescence needing to be cleaned etc all the dam time lol
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

18. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

you have time, + the buyers market is just around the corner...lol

Having a yard & a larger home is no panacea either....... Stuff always needs to be fixed, improved, painted etc

The yard always needs attending & the kids prob won't even go in the backyard once they are adolescents..

You could put in a pool or buy one w/ it, but then you got the same problem as w/ the back yard+15,000 gallons of obsolescence needing to be cleaned etc all the dam time lol
    fer sure.
    My HOAcommunity pool opens again tomorrow at dawn. It's heated and clean, and they have social distancing set up.

So all I gotta do is show up and take a dip!

Move into a development with a pool -a nice one. It's a playtime fr kids too

19. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

fer sure.
    My HOAcommunity pool opens again tomorrow at dawn. It's heated and clean, and they have social distancing set up.

So all I gotta do is show up and take a dip!

Move into a development with a pool -a nice one. It's a playtime fr kids too
    Great idea if someone does not want to deal w/ some of the issues I mentioned.. My kids had both growing up w/ both-yard-lake-pool tennis courts & they/we hardly used them once they got older.. I grew to hate my lawn, as it only served on purpose-to be mowed..

20. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,419 Times in 7,538 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post

Texas has Mountains and Beaches, normal cost of living expenses, warmer winters, and trout fishing just a few hours away.

I'll probably just stick around here!
    Texas has mountains???