Thread: 2 Church Services Sources Of Virus Outbreaks

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default 2 Church Services Sources Of Virus Outbreaks

"LOS ANGELES (AP) — As Gov. Gavin Newsom prepares to release plans for how religious institutions can reopen in California during the coronavirus pandemic, health officials announced that two church services that were held without authorization have been sources of outbreaks."

2 church services sources of virus outbreaks
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-25-2020)

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (05-25-2020), ThatOwlWoman (05-25-2020), Trumpet (05-25-2020)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,496 Times in 52,724 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Very sad, and needlessly pathetic as well. There's absolutely no need for this to happen. We have churches here that are offering social-distancing services over the Internet. One evangelist church does theirs like a drive-in theatre. The people stay in their cars and listen to the service over an AM radio station, and can see the minister at his portable pulpit outside. They can sing, do the prayers, chants, etc. same as if they were inside.

Oh well, the defiant will just get to heaven a little sooner than they needed to.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

5. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-25-2020)

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (05-25-2020), PoliTalker (05-25-2020), Trumpet (05-25-2020)

7. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Praise the Trumpian lord

8. The Following User Groans At Trumpet For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-25-2020)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (05-25-2020)

10. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Very sad, and needlessly pathetic as well. There's absolutely no need for this to happen. We have churches here that are offering social-distancing services over the Internet. One evangelist church does theirs like a drive-in theatre. The people stay in their cars and listen to the service over an AM radio station, and can see the minister at his portable pulpit outside. They can sing, do the prayers, chants, etc. same as if they were inside.

Oh well, the defiant will just get to heaven a little sooner than they needed to.
    It's just sad the way this president has co-opted religion.

And I don't really get much of an impression that he is very religious himself.

How could anyone be close to 'the good book' and be SO BAD?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

11. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-25-2020)

12. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    They have to use a stunt Bible when he's sworn in; a real one would burst into flames. lol I wish an interviewer would ask him sometime for his favorite Bible quotes or characters. Bet he doesn't know a single one.

I am surprised that a lawsuit hasn't been filed by one or more churches stating that their 1st amendment right of freedom of religion is violated by the various stay-at-home orders. Or maybe that's happened and I just haven't noticed any news stories about it. Have you?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

13. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

They have to use a stunt Bible when he's sworn in; a real one would burst into flames. lol I wish an interviewer would ask him sometime for his favorite Bible quotes or characters. Bet he doesn't know a single one.

I am surprised that a lawsuit hasn't been filed by one or more churches stating that their 1st amendment right of freedom of religion is violated by the various stay-at-home orders. Or maybe that's happened and I just haven't noticed any news stories about it. Have you?
    Funny how you never mention synagogues and mosques?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Earl (05-25-2020)

15. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,753 Times in 33,623 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

I saw a mention of it on Twitter. NJ pastors are threatening to sue Gov. Murphy.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

17. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

They have to use a stunt Bible when he's sworn in; a real one would burst into flames.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

19. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

So, the Religion Clause of the First Anendemdnt and the right to peaceably assemble no longer exist, Snowflake?

20. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

I wish an interviewer would ask him sometime for his favorite Bible quotes or characters. Bet he doesn't know a single one.

Seems like I did hear of that.

21. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-25-2020)

22. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

23. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grajonca View Post
    Funny how you never mention synagogues and mosques?
    Indeed.

Perhaps she is fearful of a head-chopping.

24. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Try to keep up, Mujer de Buho.

virus orders hinder ...www.mlive.com › public-interest › 2020/05 › churches...
    May 6, 2020 - Churches sue Whitmer, claim coronavirus orders hinder religious ... sued Whitmer in federal court over claims the governor's executive orders banning ... Michigan has had 45,054 confirmed COVID-19 cases and 4,250 deaths ...

It’s on appeal.

25. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I saw a mention of it on Twitter. NJ pastors are threatening to sue Gov. Murphy.
    I hope it makes it up to the SCt. That would be an interesting case. We've all seen stories over the years where an ill child has been removed from cuckoo-religious parents who wouldn't seek medical treatment to save his/her life. It seems like temporary bans on gatherings in church in order to protect the health of the parishioners *and* the public might fall under that same umbrella.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Phantasmal (05-25-2020), PoliTalker (05-25-2020)

27. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

"LOS ANGELES (AP) — As Gov. Gavin Newsom prepares to release plans for how religious institutions can reopen in California during the coronavirus pandemic, health officials announced that two church services that were held without authorization have been sources of outbreaks."

2 church services sources of virus outbreaks
    Churches need authorization to open up?

What country are we in?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

28. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth Omar,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Churches need authorization to open up?

What country are we in?
    Rights are not absolute and can be suspended in times of emergency.

And guess what.

This is an emergency declared by the president.