Members banned from this thread: moon, domer76, Walt, AProudLefty, Doc Dutch and Concart

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Harris Faulkner: Biden’s “You Ain’t Black” gaff is “More Than Offensive. It Is A Blin

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Everything is in flux.....what happened in the past says little to nothing about what will happen in the future.

The expert class has been often wrong, and often catastrophically wrong, all across the board during recent decades.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Harris Faulkner: Biden's "You Ain't Black" Gaffe Is "More Than Offensive... It Is A Blind Spot"

FNC's Harris Faulkner weighs in on former VP Joe Biden telling "The Breakfast Club" host Charlamagne Tha God that he "ain't black" if he considers supporting Donald Trump.

HARRIS FAULKNER, FOX NEWS: I've been fighting against this notion that you are not black enough unless you think a certain way, you vote a certain way, you speak a certain way, you do certain things.

My whole life, I grew up military. Pretty much neutral along the zone of, can't we all just get along no matter what we look like? I have bi-racial daughters. Melissa, you know them.

This is more than just a little offensive. It is shortsighted, it is a blind spot for this former vice president. He should have gotten up immediately on whatever venue, the microphone he had. I would have said it for him immediately right there, in the one he was already in, on "The Breakfast Club." and say, "You know what? Let me restate that."

I think this says it better. It's Black Voices For Trump and their statement. I'm going to be the first couple of sentences:

"White liberal elitists have continuously dictated which black Americans are allowed to come to the table and have a voice. It is clear now more than ever, following these racist and dehumanizing remarks, that Joe Biden believes black men and women are incapable of being independent or freethinking. He truly believes that a 77-year-old white man should dictate how black people should behave. Biden has a history of racial condescension, and today he once again proved that a growing number of black Americans, and I've always known Joe Biden does not deserve our votes."

That is Trump 2020 senior advisor Katrina Pierson. You don't have to be in a particular race to know when someone puts you down because you're different.”
    realclearpolitics.com
    Harris Faulkner=Fox News(Fake News) mouth piece and therefore not too credible.

3. The Following User Groans At Trumpet For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-25-2020)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

White liberal elitists have continuously dictated which black Americans are allowed to come to the table and have a voice. It is clear now more than ever, following these racist and dehumanizing remarks, that Joe Biden believes black men and women are incapable of being independent or freethinking.

He truly believes that a 77-year-old white man should dictate how black people should behave.
    Biden has a history of racial condescension, and today he once again proved that a growing number of black Americans, and I've always known Joe Biden does not deserve our votes."

5. The Following User Groans At anatta For This Awful Post:

Nordberg (05-24-2020)

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,229 Times in 6,866 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,850 Times in 1,713 Posts

Meanwhile, Trump spends the weekend retweeting that women are skanks & fat, and it's hardly noticed.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

Phantasmal (05-24-2020)

8. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,097 Times in 12,624 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,439 Times in 1,383 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    White liberal elitists have continuously dictated which black Americans are allowed to come to the table and have a voice. It is clear now more than ever, following these racist and dehumanizing remarks, that Joe Biden believes black men and women are incapable of being independent or freethinking.

He truly believes that a 77-year-old white man should dictate how black people should behave.
    Biden has a history of racial condescension, and today he once again proved that a growing number of black Americans, and I've always known Joe Biden does not deserve our votes."
    Remember too what we keep hearing from blacks in the NFL and NBA...."We are men god dammit....we must be treated as men....not serfs or children (paraphrase)".

The assumption that Biden can say what ever his short circuiting brain decides to say and everything will be fine is a bad one.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

9. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,800 Times in 17,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,593 Times in 4,271 Posts

How can you misunderstand it so badly? I suppose you cannot read without it filtering through your incredible right-wing bias.

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,196 Times in 13,942 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,051 Times in 2,846 Posts

Harris Faulkner: Biden's "You Ain't Black" Gaffe Is "More Than Offensive... It Is A Blind Spot"

FNC's Harris Faulkner weighs in on former VP Joe Biden telling "The Breakfast Club" host Charlamagne Tha God that he "ain't black" if he considers supporting Donald Trump.

HARRIS FAULKNER, FOX NEWS: I've been fighting against this notion that you are not black enough unless you think a certain way, you vote a certain way, you speak a certain way, you do certain things.

My whole life, I grew up military. Pretty much neutral along the zone of, can't we all just get along no matter what we look like? I have bi-racial daughters. Melissa, you know them.

This is more than just a little offensive. It is shortsighted, it is a blind spot for this former vice president. He should have gotten up immediately on whatever venue, the microphone he had. I would have said it for him immediately right there, in the one he was already in, on "The Breakfast Club." and say, "You know what? Let me restate that."

I think this says it better. It's Black Voices For Trump and their statement. I'm going to be the first couple of sentences:

"White liberal elitists have continuously dictated which black Americans are allowed to come to the table and have a voice. It is clear now more than ever, following these racist and dehumanizing remarks, that Joe Biden believes black men and women are incapable of being independent or freethinking. He truly believes that a 77-year-old white man should dictate how black people should behave. Biden has a history of racial condescension, and today he once again proved that a growing number of black Americans, and I've always known Joe Biden does not deserve our votes."

That is Trump 2020 senior advisor Katrina Pierson. You don't have to be in a particular race to know when someone puts you down because you're different.”
    realclearpolitics.com

Forget it, by Tuesday morning it will be history and forgotten

11. The Following User Groans At archives For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-25-2020)

12. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Nah. It may be off the front page of the news but it won't be forgotten. Black voters aren't going to vote for Trump. Your problem is they may not turn out for Biden. Comments like this one along with past comments he's made and ultimately being an author of the '94 crime bill will be in black voters minds. Black voters had over 66% turnout in 2012 and under 60% in 2016. Maybe low black turnout won't matter this time around if Trump gets blown out but if it's a tight race it definitely will.

13. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,654 Times in 17,915 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I think a number of black people do question the Democratic Party and whether they have their best interests at heart or care about them. The problem, from a Republican Party perspective, is they know (in their mind) Republicans don't give a sh*t about them. And no disrespect man but look at your comment the other day calling George Lopez a 'w*tb*ck'. Do you think minorities see that and think the Republican Party is home for me? (just using that as an example)

And not that this board is a proxy for the country but look at the number of people that use the N*word on here and repeatedly call black people thugs etc. Do we think that makes them want to become Republicans? The comparison I'll continue to make is when Democrats call rural people deplorables, trash etc. Does anyone think that makes rural people really want to vote along with the folks who call them that?

And TBH, even white people telling black people to get off the 'Democratic Plantation' is considered offensive by many. If a black person says it then that's their own thing but white people saying it is really no bueno.

I'm not telling anyone what to do but if the goal is to diversify the Republican Party and get more votes from minority groups our present strategy is not very good.
    Words don’t mean a great deal to any ethnic group. I don’t really care if someone calls me”whitey.” Actions are meaningful. The Republican Party, under the leadership of President Trump, has produced the best economy (until the virus from China and we will recover) and the lowest unemployment for Blacks and Hispanics in history. They benefited from the Republican tax cuts. Regulations have been cut, the borders are more secure. These are beneficial and meaningful to everyone, including Blacks and Hispanics.

The Democrat Party of today can be summed up nicely by this:

Alexis de Tocqueville. “The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.”
    Last edited by Earl; 05-25-2020 at 05:25 AM.

14. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    No, Anchovies, it has legs and it will be revisited in Republican ads til Nov.

15. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

No, Anchovies, it has legs and it will be revisited in Republican ads til Nov.
    Earl, the Republicans have been a racist party since the 1960s

16. The Following User Groans At Trumpet For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-25-2020)

17. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Black Americans are in an abusive relationship with the Democratic party
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...PDWo0caAIZvz7o
    Biden’s condescension towards black communities is intolerable.

I want to believe that Biden’s condescension started after the respected Representative James Clyburn called the former vice-president an “honorary black man” at a private dinner in March. But his mistreatment of black people, verbally and politically, is decades old, and is a reflection of the Democratic party in general.
    Kissinger: “demonization of Vladimir Putin is not a policy; it is an alibi for the absence of one.”
    ________

Cold War 2.0 Russia hysteria is turning people’s brains into guacamole.
    We’ve got to find a way to snap out of the propaganda trance
    ________

Buddha: "trust the person who seeks truth and mistrust the person who claims he has found it "
    1.2.3.4.5.6.7. All Good Children Go to Heaven

18. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Earl (05-25-2020)

19. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    Harris Faulkner=Fox News(Fake News) mouth piece and therefore not too credible.
    She is a moderate and FOX News is the most watched and the most trusted cable news in America, Trumper.

20. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    Earl, the Republicans have been a racist party since the 1960s
    No, Trumper, it’s the Democrat Party that loves “plantations.”

21. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Black Americans are in an abusive relationship with the Democratic party
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...PDWo0caAIZvz7o
    Biden’s condescension towards black communities is intolerable.

I want to believe that Biden’s condescension started after the respected Representative James Clyburn called the former vice-president an “honorary black man” at a private dinner in March. But his mistreatment of black people, verbally and politically, is decades old, and is a reflection of the Democratic party in general.
    Indeed.