Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FLA Health DEPT emp. who refused to manipulate COVID STATS was offered a 'payoff'!

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default FLA Health DEPT emp. who refused to manipulate COVID STATS was offered a 'payoff'!

This was a secondary story to her firing or I missed the details in the first I posted (different source). ANYONE with a brain think had she taken the 'settlement' should have been told to keep her mouth SHUT?

It is very detailed but NOW I have zero question our numbers are 'DEAD' wrong...

Florida Health Department manager told to delete coronavirus data is ousted

She said she was offered a settlement and the option to resign in lieu of being fired.

Florida's COVID-19 Data and Surveillance Dashboard [Florida Department of Health]

By Langston Taylor
    Published May 19
    Updated May 21

One day before a top Florida Department of Health data manager lost her role maintaining the state’s COVID-19 data, she objected to the removal of records showing people had symptoms or positive tests before the cases were announced, according to internal emails obtained by the Tampa Bay Times.

On Tuesday, a spokeswoman for Gov. Ron DeSantis said she had been fired.

According to the emails, department staff gave the order shortly after reporters requested the same data from the agency on May 5. The data manager, Rebekah Jones, complied with the order, but not before she told her supervisors it was the “wrong call.”

RELATED: DeSantis reveals harassment charge against fired data manager, but questions remain

By the next morning, control over the data was given to other employees, according to an email Jones posted Friday on a public listserv. Jones, the department’s geographic information systems manager, wrote that she was no longer handling questions about the department’s “Florida’s COVID-19 Data and Surveillance Dashboard.” She implied her removal was an act of retribution.

Jones said Tuesday that she was offered a settlement and the option to resign in lieu of being fired, effective May 26.

The dashboard that Jones managed is the best official source for in-depth data on how the deadly pandemic is moving through the state
    . Studying it is the surest way to know where outbreaks are growing and where testing is being done. Without access to the data, Floridians would have to rely on the word of officials and politicians without being able to verify for themselves.

Along with the dashboard, the department releases the same data, with only slightly more information, in daily reports, as well as in another format that allows for easier data analysis.

In her Friday email to subscribers of a COVID data listserv, Jones said she was reassigned on May 5 “[f]or reasons beyond my division’s control” and warned that whoever took over may be less straightforward.

As a word of caution, I would not expect the new team to continue the same level of accessibility and transparency that I made central to the process during the first two months. After all, my commitment to both is largely (arguably entirely) the reason I am no longer managing it,” she wrote.

“They are making a lot of changes. I would advise being diligent in your respective uses of this data.”

Jones also told CBS12 in Tallahassee on Monday that she refused to “manually change data to drum up support for the plan to reopen” the state.

When asked during a Tuesday news conference about Jones’ public email detailing her reassignment, DeSantis said he did not know who she was but that he had been shown an email that Jones sent to her supervisor, apologizing.

His spokeswoman, Helen Aguirre Ferré, wrote in an email to reporters after the news conference that Jones “exhibited a repeated course of insubordination during her time with the Department, including her unilateral decisions to modify the Department’s COVID-19 dashboard without input or approval from the epidemiological team or her supervisors.”

Ferré's email included the email that DeSantis referenced. Sent Saturday, Jones told her supervisor that her comments about the employees replacing her had been misconstrued.

“What I meant when I said I don’t expect the same level of accessibility is that they are busy and can’t answer every single email they get right away,” Jones wrote to her supervisor. “Is this one of those stupid things I shouldn’t have said?”

Still, there was much DeSantis didn’t address. Why was Jones instructed to take data down, as shown in the emails? Why was she taken off the dashboard and later terminated? He then left the conference as reporters shouted follow-up questions.

Emails sent within the department on May 4 indicate a busy timeline leading up to Jones’ reassignment.

That day, according to the Miami Herald, reporters contacted the department to ask about the “EventDate” field of data, which showed when people first reported coronavirus symptoms or positive test results. Some people had listed dates as early as January 1, indicating people reported symptomatic or tested positive much earlier than when cases were confirmed in March. It is unclear when the state learned about those cases, or when the people were tested.

Sometime that day, the column vanished from the “Person Cases” data, which lists anonymized records for every confirmed case in Florida.
    The Palm Beach Post reported the disappearance the next day, May 5.

The Tampa Bay Times automatically checks for changes in the data and archives new updates. Shortly before 10:12 a.m on May 4., data still included the EventDate field, showing records with listed dates that people reported symptoms as early as January 1. By 3:02 p.m., the column was gone.

For much of the next day, May 5, the column was either missing or empty, with every row listing “None.” Finally, it returned shortly before 8:02 p.m.

Times reporters asked Health Department spokesman Alberto Moscoso that day why the data disappeared. Two days later, he said, “This field continues to be represented on the Department’s COVID-19 Dashboard.”

Moscoso did not reply to requests for comment Tuesday.

According to internal emails reviewed by the Times, Department of Health I.T. Director Craig Curry emailed Rebekah Jones just before 5 p.m. on May 4. He cited Dr. Carina Blackmore, director for the Division of Disease Control and Health Protection.

“Per Dr. Blackmore, disable the ability to export the data to files from the dashboard immediately. We need to ensure that dates (date fields) in all objects match their counterpart on the PDF line list published,” Curry wrote.

The tables in the PDF documents did not include the column of data showing when symptoms were first reported, only the “Case Date” — the date the state recorded and confirmed the case.

“This is the wrong call,” Jones replied minutes later.

A few minutes later, she emailed Curry again. “Case line data is down.”

Then, just after 6 p.m., the I.T. director emailed both Jones and Dr. Blackmore. “Re-enable for now please.”

Jones replied, “10-4.” Neither Dr. Blackmore nor Curry replied to requests for comment.

Shortly before DeSantis’ Tuesday news conference, Florida Commissioner of Agriculture Nikki Fried, the only Democrat holding statewide office, released an open letter to the governor, requesting top health officials appear before the Cabinet next week.

Fried wrote that Jones’ reported reassignment and forced resignation "undermine public trust in our government, are extraordinarily dangerous to public health, and are absolutely inconsistent with the transparency and accuracy that Floridians expect and deserve during this pandemic.”

In a video news conference following DeSantis’ remarks, state Senate Democrats criticized the decision to fire Jones. They argued it was an act of political retribution.

“(Jones) was a brave woman who refused to fudge the numbers and she was punished for it, and that’s wrong,” Janet Cruz, D-Tampa, said in response to a question about the data manager.

According to the Syracuse University alumni magazine, Jones joined the Department of Health in 2018. She worked for emergency response teams after hurricanes Michael and Dorian before becoming GIS manager in November 2019. Jones graduated from Syracuse before earning a master’s degree in geography at Louisiana State University and then teaching and working towards a Ph.D. at Florida State University, according to a resume posted to Florida State’s website.

Jones, 30, built the dashboard “from scratch,” she told the magazine in March. Through early May, she had provided information and updates on the tool to researchers and journalists, including Times reporters.

“If you look at our data services, there’s a lot of publicly available data, because it’s critical information,
    ” Jones in April told a blog by Esri, the company that creates software used by the department.

“We would much rather the public or the press have the data that we’ve triple checked than to scrape the web
    trying to count cases or have a research group
    or university create a model with data that we haven’t verified,"
    Jones said in the article. "The efforts in the academic community to do serious data modeling are crucial right now.”

The same dashboard received national attention when Dr. Deborah Birx, the White House coronavirus response coordinator, first raved about it April 20.
    “So I did spend about five hours going to every state website, and I will tell you that the - Florida’s Department of Health website is extraordinary,” Birx told reporters at the White House. “This is how we have to inform the American public, and this is where the American public will develop confidence in each of their counties and local governments.”

Jones said she was reassigned 15 days later.

EDITOR’S NOTE: An earlier version of this story listed the incorrect date on an email from Craig Curry to Rebekah Jones. It was sent May 4, not May 5.
    • • •
    Tampa Bay Times coronavirus coverage

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health...r-emails-show/

WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 93 Times in 82 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post
    This was a secondary story to her firing or I missed the details in the first I posted (different source). ANYONE with a brain think had she taken the 'settlement' should have been told to keep her mouth SHUT?

It is very detailed but NOW I have zero question our numbers are 'DEAD' wrong...

She said she was offered a settlement and the option to resign in lieu of being fired.

Florida's COVID-19 Data and Surveillance Dashboard [Florida Department of Health]

By Langston Taylor
    Published May 19
    Updated May 21

One day before a top Florida Department of Health data manager lost her role maintaining the state’s COVID-19 data, she objected to the removal of records showing people had symptoms or positive tests before the cases were announced, according to internal emails obtained by the Tampa Bay Times.

According to the emails, department staff gave the order shortly after reporters requested the same data from the agency on May 5. The data manager, Rebekah Jones, complied with the order, but not before she told her supervisors it was the “wrong call.”

RELATED: DeSantis reveals harassment charge against fired data manager, but questions remain

By the next morning, control over the data was given to other employees, according to an email Jones posted Friday on a public listserv. Jones, the department’s geographic information systems manager, wrote that she was no longer handling questions about the department’s “Florida’s COVID-19 Data and Surveillance Dashboard.” She implied her removal was an act of retribution.

Jones said Tuesday that she was offered a settlement and the option to resign in lieu of being fired, effective May 26.

The dashboard that Jones managed is the best official source for in-depth data on how the deadly pandemic is moving through the state
    . Studying it is the surest way to know where outbreaks are growing and where testing is being done. Without access to the data, Floridians would have to rely on the word of officials and politicians without being able to verify for themselves.

Along with the dashboard, the department releases the same data, with only slightly more information, in daily reports, as well as in another format that allows for easier data analysis.

In her Friday email to subscribers of a COVID data listserv, Jones said she was reassigned on May 5 “[f]or reasons beyond my division’s control” and warned that whoever took over may be less straightforward.

As a word of caution, I would not expect the new team to continue the same level of accessibility and transparency that I made central to the process during the first two months. After all, my commitment to both is largely (arguably entirely) the reason I am no longer managing it,” she wrote.

“They are making a lot of changes. I would advise being diligent in your respective uses of this data.”

Jones also told CBS12 in Tallahassee on Monday that she refused to “manually change data to drum up support for the plan to reopen” the state.

When asked during a Tuesday news conference about Jones’ public email detailing her reassignment, DeSantis said he did not know who she was but that he had been shown an email that Jones sent to her supervisor, apologizing.

His spokeswoman, Helen Aguirre Ferré, wrote in an email to reporters after the news conference that Jones “exhibited a repeated course of insubordination during her time with the Department, including her unilateral decisions to modify the Department’s COVID-19 dashboard without input or approval from the epidemiological team or her supervisors.”

Ferré's email included the email that DeSantis referenced. Sent Saturday, Jones told her supervisor that her comments about the employees replacing her had been misconstrued.

“What I meant when I said I don’t expect the same level of accessibility is that they are busy and can’t answer every single email they get right away,” Jones wrote to her supervisor. “Is this one of those stupid things I shouldn’t have said?”

Still, there was much DeSantis didn’t address. Why was Jones instructed to take data down, as shown in the emails? Why was she taken off the dashboard and later terminated? He then left the conference as reporters shouted follow-up questions.

Emails sent within the department on May 4 indicate a busy timeline leading up to Jones’ reassignment.

That day, according to the Miami Herald, reporters contacted the department to ask about the “EventDate” field of data, which showed when people first reported coronavirus symptoms or positive test results. Some people had listed dates as early as January 1, indicating people reported symptomatic or tested positive much earlier than when cases were confirmed in March. It is unclear when the state learned about those cases, or when the people were tested.

Sometime that day, the column vanished from the “Person Cases” data, which lists anonymized records for every confirmed case in Florida.

The Tampa Bay Times automatically checks for changes in the data and archives new updates. Shortly before 10:12 a.m on May 4., data still included the EventDate field, showing records with listed dates that people reported symptoms as early as January 1. By 3:02 p.m., the column was gone.

For much of the next day, May 5, the column was either missing or empty, with every row listing “None.” Finally, it returned shortly before 8:02 p.m.

Times reporters asked Health Department spokesman Alberto Moscoso that day why the data disappeared. Two days later, he said, “This field continues to be represented on the Department’s COVID-19 Dashboard.”

According to internal emails reviewed by the Times, Department of Health I.T. Director Craig Curry emailed Rebekah Jones just before 5 p.m. on May 4. He cited Dr. Carina Blackmore, director for the Division of Disease Control and Health Protection.

“Per Dr. Blackmore, disable the ability to export the data to files from the dashboard immediately. We need to ensure that dates (date fields) in all objects match their counterpart on the PDF line list published,” Curry wrote.

The tables in the PDF documents did not include the column of data showing when symptoms were first reported, only the “Case Date” — the date the state recorded and confirmed the case.

Then, just after 6 p.m., the I.T. director emailed both Jones and Dr. Blackmore. “Re-enable for now please.”

Jones replied, “10-4.” Neither Dr. Blackmore nor Curry replied to requests for comment.

Shortly before DeSantis’ Tuesday news conference, Florida Commissioner of Agriculture Nikki Fried, the only Democrat holding statewide office, released an open letter to the governor, requesting top health officials appear before the Cabinet next week.

Fried wrote that Jones’ reported reassignment and forced resignation "undermine public trust in our government, are extraordinarily dangerous to public health, and are absolutely inconsistent with the transparency and accuracy that Floridians expect and deserve during this pandemic.”

In a video news conference following DeSantis’ remarks, state Senate Democrats criticized the decision to fire Jones. They argued it was an act of political retribution.

“(Jones) was a brave woman who refused to fudge the numbers and she was punished for it, and that’s wrong,” Janet Cruz, D-Tampa, said in response to a question about the data manager.

According to the Syracuse University alumni magazine, Jones joined the Department of Health in 2018. She worked for emergency response teams after hurricanes Michael and Dorian before becoming GIS manager in November 2019. Jones graduated from Syracuse before earning a master’s degree in geography at Louisiana State University and then teaching and working towards a Ph.D. at Florida State University, according to a resume posted to Florida State’s website.

Jones, 30, built the dashboard “from scratch,” she told the magazine in March. Through early May, she had provided information and updates on the tool to researchers and journalists, including Times reporters.

“If you look at our data services, there’s a lot of publicly available data, because it’s critical information,
    ” Jones in April told a blog by Esri, the company that creates software used by the department.

“We would much rather the public or the press have the data that we’ve triple checked than to scrape the web
    Jones said in the article. "The efforts in the academic community to do serious data modeling are crucial right now.”

The same dashboard received national attention when Dr. Deborah Birx, the White House coronavirus response coordinator, first raved about it April 20.
    “So I did spend about five hours going to every state website, and I will tell you that the - Florida’s Department of Health website is extraordinary,” Birx told reporters at the White House. “This is how we have to inform the American public, and this is where the American public will develop confidence in each of their counties and local governments.”

EDITOR’S NOTE: An earlier version of this story listed the incorrect date on an email from Craig Curry to Rebekah Jones. It was sent May 4, not May 5.
    • • •

Data was taken down because the crazy bitch was unilaterally posting data without verification or authorization from medical health experts the far left Tampa Bay Times answered their own fucking question. Florida data collection and desimination is the countries gold standard. Jones didn't build the dashboard from scratch it was a team project the lady is a fucking nut and is under criminal investigation so you just keep running with your bullshit.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

the settlement was no doubt her accrued benefits

this whole thread is hysterical noise

4. The Following User Groans At dukkha For This Awful Post:

FUCK THE POLICE (05-24-2020)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Earl (05-24-2020)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    the settlement was no doubt her accrued benefits

this whole thread is hysterical noise
    Maybe accrued benies or NOT. Lots of doubts
    as YOU have no way of knowing that. When I was furloughed from the RR my accrued benefis were not called a settlement. They were my (already) earned 'benefits'.

Had I been offered an early retirement, with a year or 2 or 3 of salary that would be a settlement 'to make me go away' and get me off the balance sheet.

7. The Following User Groans At Centerleftfl For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-24-2020)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FreeSpeech View Post
    Data was taken down because the crazy bitch was unilaterally posting data without verification or authorization from medical health experts the far left Tampa Bay Times answered their own fucking question. Florida data collection and desimination is the countries gold standard. Jones didn't build the dashboard from scratch it was a team project the lady is a fucking nut and is under criminal investigation so you just keep running with your bullshit.
    Indeed.

Thanks.

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

By Langston Taylor
    Published May 19
    Updated May 21

“As a word of caution, I would not expect the new team to continue the same level of accessibility and transparency that I made central to the process during the first two months. After all, my commitment to both is largely (arguably entirely) the reason I am no longer managing it,” she wrote.

• • •

Wait, you mean the woman who is currently charged criminally with cyber-stalking and cyber sexual harassment? Yeah, sounds like the typical leftist whistle blower. https://www.redstate.com/robert_a_ha...nnykook-farms/

To hear the Associated Press tell it, concerns — which are abstract entities with no physical manifestation whatsoever — are erupting over the integrity of Florida’s COVID-19 website.

And indeed, there are “eruptions” all over the blue media as CBS Miami, NPR, McClatchy, and the ever-reliable Tampa Bay Times rush to throw spears at Florida Governor Ron De Santis based on charges leveled by one Rebekah Jones. Depending on which pore of the blue media you hear this from, Ms. Jones will be a “data guru,” a “scientist,” a “web site developer,” or the Democrats’ favorite new word, a “whistleblower.”

She’s also a few other things, and there is no indication that anyone in the blue media intends to tell you about them. So we will.

For one thing, she was arrested in Leon County, FL last year where she was charged with cyberstalking and sent for a psychological evaluation. As you’ll see below, it’s about time. That case is ongoing. A pre-trial hearing was just set for June 17, which may or may not have anything to do with any eruptions that might be occurring now. According to the prosecution:

On or about September 30, 2018, [Jones] did willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follow or harass or cyberstalk another person, [name redacted], committing the offense of stalking, contrary to Section 784.048(2) Florida Statutes.

Ms. Jones is facing up to twelve months in jail.

Prior to this episode, Ms. Jones had been charged with Criminal Mischief (over $200 but less than $1000 in damages), Contempt of Court for violating a protection order related to an incident of domestic violence, Trespassing, and Robbery by Sudden Snatching. A busy woman, to be sure, and obviously in full possession of her considerable mental faculties. She will make a fine addition to the pantheon of Democratic and Blue Media heroines.
    Every life matters

10. The Following User Groans At countryboy For This Awful Post:

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FreeSpeech View Post
    No link, no proof?

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

My response to this is always if the media is correct and as they predicted the health system of Florida has been overwhelmed because of a huge spike of cases due to reopening you would know it.

No amount of fudging stats can mask overflowing emergency rooms and patients being turned out into the streets.

If were arguing about this then Florida is fine and can proceed opening at the same pace.

edit: Btw the biggest indicator that everything is fine with Florida and Desantis made the right call is that all other states are attempting to reopen in one way or another as well.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

13. The Following User Groans At tsuke For This Awful Post:

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Wait, you mean the woman who is currently charged criminally with cyber-stalking and cyber sexual harassment? Yeah, sounds like the typical leftist whistle blower. https://www.redstate.com/robert_a_ha...nnykook-farms/

To hear the Associated Press tell it, concerns — which are abstract entities with no physical manifestation whatsoever — are erupting over the integrity of Florida’s COVID-19 website.

And indeed, there are “eruptions” all over the blue media as CBS Miami, NPR, McClatchy, and the ever-reliable Tampa Bay Times rush to throw spears at Florida Governor Ron De Santis based on charges leveled by one Rebekah Jones. Depending on which pore of the blue media you hear this from, Ms. Jones will be a “data guru,” a “scientist,” a “web site developer,” or the Democrats’ favorite new word, a “whistleblower.”

She’s also a few other things, and there is no indication that anyone in the blue media intends to tell you about them. So we will.

For one thing, she was arrested in Leon County, FL last year where she was charged with cyberstalking and sent for a psychological evaluation. As you’ll see below, it’s about time. That case is ongoing. A pre-trial hearing was just set for June 17, which may or may not have anything to do with any eruptions that might be occurring now. According to the prosecution:

On or about September 30, 2018, [Jones] did willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follow or harass or cyberstalk another person, [name redacted], committing the offense of stalking, contrary to Section 784.048(2) Florida Statutes.

Ms. Jones is facing up to twelve months in jail.

Prior to this episode, Ms. Jones had been charged with Criminal Mischief (over $200 but less than $1000 in damages), Contempt of Court for violating a protection order related to an incident of domestic violence, Trespassing, and Robbery by Sudden Snatching. A busy woman, to be sure, and obviously in full possession of her considerable mental faculties. She will make a fine addition to the pantheon of Democratic and Blue Media heroines.
    Red State? Seriously?

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Your Leon County link is a big blank page.

Kinda like those big white blanks where Covid STATS were removed before left in and then redacted.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Centerleftfl For This Post:

Trumpet (05-24-2020)

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    My response to this is always if the media is correct and as they predicted the health system of Florida has been overwhelmed because of a huge spike of cases due to reopening you would know it.

No amount of fudging stats can mask overflowing emergency rooms and patients being turned out into the streets.

If were arguing about this then Florida is fine and can proceed opening at the same pace.

edit: Btw the biggest indicator that everything is fine with Florida and Desantis made the right call is that all other states are attempting to reopen in one way or another as well.
    How do we know if we don't have #s? Reliable #'s.

Listen people, this IS NOT just about Desantis. DISNEY is not too fucking far away even from me. And the 3 surrounding counties around it will have (norm) 56,000,000 visitors pass through them. PEAK month, normal year, JUN. Kids get out of school, not TOO HOT.

Mine is an existential concern/threat to my state. This is so much bigger than RW cult politics practiced HERE.

Apparently I don't dare point any of this out.
    Last edited by Centerleftfl; 05-24-2020 at 09:08 AM.

18. The Following User Groans At Centerleftfl For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-24-2020)

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Lets hope DISNEY BRASS IS SMARTER THAN DESANTIS!!! 8 DAYS TILL JUN.

20. The Following User Groans At Centerleftfl For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-24-2020)

21. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,419 Times in 16,408 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

How do we know if we don't have #s? Reliable #'s.

Listen people, this IS NOT just about Desantis. DISNEY is not too fucking far away even from me. And the 3 surrounding counties around it will have (norm) 56,000,000 visitors pass through them. PEAK month, normal year, JUN. Kids get out of school, not TOO HOT.

Mine is an existential concern/threat to my state. This is so much bigger than RW cult politics practiced HERE.

Apparently I don't dare point any of this out.
    Stay in

22. The Following User Groans At TOP For This Awful Post:

23. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Post:

Earl (05-24-2020)

24. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Stay in
    That’s what CL wants for the rest of us.

Indeed, stay inside, CL.

25. The Following User Groans At Earl For This Awful Post:

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

TOP (05-24-2020)

27. #15 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,512 Times in 16,974 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Maybe accrued benies or NOT. Lots of doubts
    as YOU have no way of knowing that. When I was furloughed from the RR my accrued benefis were not called a settlement. They were my (already) earned 'benefits'.

Had I been offered an early retirement, with a year or 2 or 3 of salary that would be a settlement 'to make me go away' and get me off the balance sheet.
    Go get tested again, crybaby...
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

28. The Following User Groans At RB 60 For This Awful Post:

29. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

TOP (05-24-2020)