Members banned from this thread: Althea, moon, domer76, ThatOwlWoman, Walt, Doc Dutch and Geeko Sportivo

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lockdown was a waste of time and could kill more than it saved,

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Lockdown was a waste of time and could kill more than it saved,

Hey, Walt, Loony Central, Cynical Bitch, Joan of Snark, Croc o' Shit, Dumber69, Doris, PoliShitTalker and others, get stuffed! The whole damn thing was born out of panic mostly by Dems and Labour out to get Trump and Boris. I hope you all fucking feel proud of yourselves, ignorant cunts!

The coronavirus lockdown could have caused more deaths than it saved, a Nobel laureate scientist has claimed.

Michael Levitt, a Stanford University professor who correctly predicted the initial scale of the pandemic, suggested the decision to keep people indoors was motivated by 'panic' rather than the best science.

Professor Levitt also said the modelling that caused the government to bring in the lockdown - carried out by Professor Neil Ferguson - over-estimated the death toll by '10 or 12 times'.

Levitt told The Telegraph: 'I think lockdown saved no lives. I think it may have cost lives. It will have saved a few road accident lives, things like that, but social damage – domestic abuse, divorces, alcoholism – has been extreme.

'And then you have those who were not treated for other conditions.'

Professor Levitt, who won the Nobel Prize for chemistry in 2013 for the 'development of multiscale models for complex chemical systems', has said for two months that most experts predictions about coronavirus are wrong.

He also believes that the Government should encourage Britons to wear masks and find other ways to continue working while socially distancing instead.

Prof Ferguson's modelling, on the other hand, estimated up to 500,000 deaths would occur without social distancing measures.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-laureate.html
    Last edited by cancel2 2022; 05-23-2020 at 08:53 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Darth Omar (05-26-2020), Stretch (05-23-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

This is true. We should have isolated the older at risk folk (note ISOLATED. Not cram covid patients in with them and then isolate them) and gone about our business.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tsuke For This Post:

dukkha (05-24-2020), Stretch (05-23-2020)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    This is true. We should have isolated the older at risk folk (note ISOLATED. Not cram covid patients in with them and then isolate them) and gone about our business.
    Former Channel 4 and Pizza Express chairman Luke Johnson said the other day that just 350 people, with no underlying illnesses, under the age of 60 died from CV-19 yet they shut the whole fucking country down over it. I imagine it's a similar story in the US, just imagine how bad it would be if Millennials actually ran the country?

Last edited by cancel2 2022; 05-23-2020 at 10:25 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Stretch (05-23-2020)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grajonca View Post
    Hey, Walt, Loony Central, Cynical Bitch, Joan of Snark, Croc o' Shit, Dumber69, Doris, PoliShitTalker and others, get stuffed! The whole damn thing was born out of panic mostly by Dems and Labour out to get Trump and Boris. I hope you all fucking feel proud of yourselves, ignorant cunts!

The coronavirus lockdown could have caused more deaths than it saved, a Nobel laureate scientist has claimed.

Michael Levitt, a Stanford University professor who correctly predicted the initial scale of the pandemic, suggested the decision to keep people indoors was motivated by 'panic' rather than the best science.

Professor Levitt also said the modelling that caused the government to bring in the lockdown - carried out by Professor Neil Ferguson - over-estimated the death toll by '10 or 12 times'.

Levitt told The Telegraph: 'I think lockdown saved no lives. I think it may have cost lives. It will have saved a few road accident lives, things like that, but social damage – domestic abuse, divorces, alcoholism – has been extreme.

'And then you have those who were not treated for other conditions.'

Professor Levitt, who won the Nobel Prize for chemistry in 2013 for the 'development of multiscale models for complex chemical systems', has said for two months that most experts predictions about coronavirus are wrong.

He also believes that the Government should encourage Britons to wear masks and find other ways to continue working while socially distancing instead.

Prof Ferguson's modelling, on the other hand, estimated up to 500,000 deaths would occur without social distancing measures.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-laureate.html
    The problem with this theory is that we dont know what the death rate would have been had we allowed our super expensive crap medical system to crash by not doing the lockdown. Last I heard this bug at first blast in Wuhan had an Ro of 5.7.....take that and a death rate of 3% or 4% and the result is a lot of dead people.....and maybe a lot of or medical army walking off the job because nobody bothered to make sure that they would have the PPE that they needed.....and they did not sign up to risk their lives for such immoral leaders.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    The problem with this theory is that we dont know what the death rate would have been had we allowed our super expensive crap medical system to crash by not doing the lockdown. Last I heard this bug at first blast in Wuhan had an Ro of 5.7.....take that and a death rate of 3% or 4% and the result is a lot of dead people.....and maybe a lot of or medical army walking off the job because nobody bothered to make sure that they would have the PPE that they needed.....and they did not sign up to risk their lives for such immoral leaders.
    Right, so how did people get treatment in 1968-69 in the midst of Hong Kong flu which killed 100,000 in the US and over a million worldwide? Oh I forgot that was just flu!!

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Former Channel 4 and Pizza Express chairman Luke Johnson said the other day that just 350 people, with no underlying illnesses, under the age of 60 died from CV-19 yet they shut the whole fucking country down over it. I imagine it's a similar story in the US, just imagine how bad it would be if Millennials actually ran the country?

Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Right, so how did people get treatment in 1968-69 in the midst of Hong Kong flu which killed 100,000 in the US and over a million worldwide? Oh I forgot that was just flu!!
    1968-69 was a different world when it comes to the quality of the medical system (I am speaking of America), and this is a different bug. This is a very strange Bug, perhaps because it was made by man not nature (God)....it is terrifying what it can cause in humans....and how fast it can.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

Its good but he was missing something. He needs to look at those two gen z on the screen and say something like " Im old and ive already made my money. Whether we go into recession or not I personally will be ok. Its your generation that will be entering the job market in the middle of a depression. Ask the millenials how that worked out for them"
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

12. The Following User Says Thank You to tsuke For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (05-24-2020)

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That's not the experience they've had in Sweden or Japan, and they've also managed to preserve their economies virtually intact. The Ferguson model has now been totally discredited.

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Good to cya all taking a victory lap. Nice to finally get off the couch.........

The idea was to flatten the curve so everyone dose not get infected @ the same time, or did that change??

Smart man w/ an opinion, kinda reminds me of bill gates & others....lol

This round of the pandemic has yet to play out & we are still hoping/praying there is not another in the fall~be that as it may..........

I could not find what his epidemiology credentials were, did anyone else?? Asking for a friend here..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That's not the experience they've had in Sweden or Japan, and they've also managed to preserve their economies virtually intact. The Ferguson model has now been totally discredited.

BUSINESS NEWSMAY 17, 2020 / 5:04 PM / 6 DAYS AGO
    Japan braces for worst postwar slump as pandemic tips economy into recession
    TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan’s economy slipped into recession for the first time in 4-1/2 years in the last quarter, putting the nation on course for its deepest postwar slump as the coronavirus crisis ravages businesses and consumers.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-j...-idUSKBN22U001

Sweden in ‘Very Deep Economic Crisis’ Despite Soft Lockdown
    May 19
    Sweden’s government has made clear its Covid-19 strategy isn’t about putting the economy ahead of lives. Instead, the top epidemiologist, Anders Tegnell, says his approach is more sustainable when tackling a virus that’s likely to be here for the long term.

Tegnell’s theory is widely accepted by Swedes and has won some support from the World Health Organization. Michael Ryan, who runs WHO’s health emergencies program, recently said, “If we are to reach a new normal, in many ways Sweden represents a future model.”

But for now, Sweden’s experiences suggest there might be few economic benefits to leaving an economy open during a pandemic.

Asked whether Sweden might see a quick rebound, Andersson, the finance minister, said “that doesn’t seem very likely at present. We expect a more drawn out scenario.”
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-soft-lockdown

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Lord save us all. these mindless twerpes will be in power soon enough. Hope I'm dead before it happens

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    Lord save us all. these mindless twerpes will be in power soon enough. Hope I'm dead before it happens
    That is what I have been saying all year so far...."At least I will be dead before the worst of BIG PAIN gets here....the pain that comes from doing things wrong....that pain that comes after we have allowed so many heads to get infected with Idea Pathogens (Gad Saad) ."

Performance always did matter.

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

That is what I have been saying all year so far...."At least I will be dead before the worst of BIG PAIN gets here....the pain that comes from doing things wrong....that pain that comes after we have allowed so many heads to get infected with Idea Pathogens (Gad Saad) ."

Performance always did matter.
    ya. but it's not really about me or the boomers.
    it's about the decline of America to jut a mish-mash of non-identity people who live here
    but have no real interest in promoting freedom or individualism -things every American that lived before us valued

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    ya. but it's not really about me or the boomers.
    it's about the decline of America to jut a mish-mash of non-identity people who live here
    but have no real interest in promoting freedom or individualism -things every American that lived before us valued
    It almost feels like America was murdered dont it.....

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Stone (05-24-2020)