My favorite weekly column and what he's saying makes total sense to me. Even many Democrats acknowledge Biden isn't all there and as his 'you ain't black' comment yesterday showed the less camera time for him the better. This is the strategy I would try and follow, let Trump just ruin himself.

Joe Biden’s winning strategy: Shelter in the basement and let Trump beat himself

Joe Biden’s people called to tell me that the former vice president is leading President Trump by 11 points on average in the key states of Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan.

The latest Fox News Poll finds that nationally, voters think Biden would to do a better job than Trump on health care by 17 points and on the coronavirus pandemic by nine points. Trump still has a three-point lead on the economy, the poll says.

It wasn’t intentional, but it looks like Biden’s self-quarantine in the basement of his Delaware home is paying off. I urge him to stay in the bunker.

It’s not that I worry about Biden being exposed to the coronavirus.

I worry about him being overexposed to the media, which could do some serious damage to his chances of beating Trump in November.

And that includes interviews. He should avoid them whenever possible; they inevitably seem to trip him up.

Biden is no Barack Obama or Bill Clinton. At best Biden is an Al Gore, and that type of personality does not move the needle with voters.

The only time Biden should appear in public is in small, controlled settings where he can be seen bantering with a couple of “real people.”

I often joked that Biden, or whomever the Democrats nominated, should fly off to a remote island far from the cameras, sit back and watch Trump defeat himself.

It looks like the island has come to Biden.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics...e-15290158.php