Thread: SOME LIKE IT HOT!! Hot chili eating contest..

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Werewolf SOME LIKE IT HOT!! Hot chili eating contest..

"There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,178 Times in 7,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

The Habanero and Scotch Bonnets are way too hot for my palette!

Jalapenos are my pepper of choice! Red ones if and when I can find them.

And they are healthy for you!

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Crazy!

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    The Habanero and Scotch Bonnets are way too hot for my palette!

Jalapenos are my pepper of choice! Red ones if and when I can find them.

And they are healthy for you!
    The Hab & Scotch are minor league now.......

Those ghost chilies from India, Carolina reapers & dragons breath can be 3-5 times hotter on the Scoville units..

I hve neighbors that are from East India & also from West Africa that make a pot of soup made w/ a couple dozen habanaros..

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    The Hab & Scotch are minor league now.......

Those ghost chilies from India, Carolina reapers & dragons breath can be 3-5 times hotter on the Scoville units..

I hve neighbors that are from East India & also from West Africa that make a pot of soup made w/ a couple dozen habanaros..
    You are always supposed to chase eating a hot pepper with eating a bowl of ice cream. That way, with your next bowl movement, and the pain within your waste management system gets too hard to bear, you are suppose to scream "HURRY UP ICE CREAM"!

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You are always supposed to chase eating a hot pepper with eating a bowl of ice cream. That way, with your next bowl movement, and the pain within your waste management system gets too hard to bear, you are suppose to scream "HURRY UP ICE CREAM"!
    LOL.......... They grew up eating it like that......

I use to be able to eat an hab, but in tiny nibbles & w/ a few tricks....

I can not imagine eating soup & that acid burning the tender parts of the back of your mouth & throat....... & yea, not even to mention the [no smoking zone] around you... Farting blue flames & starting fires........lol

This is one of my fav vids of eating chilies. This is the short clip, this guy has been growing his own hab's there for 12+ years & eats them all the time-this is his first taste of Indian ghost chilies

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

LOL.......... They grew up eating it like that......

I use to be able to eat an hab, but in tiny nibbles & w/ a few tricks....

I can not imagine eating soup & that acid burning the tender parts of the back of your mouth & throat....... & yea, not even to mention the [no smoking zone] around you... Farting blue flames & starting fires........lol

This is one of my fav vids of eating chilies. This is the short clip, this guy has been growing his own hab's there for 12+ years & eats them all the time-this is his first taste of Indian ghost chilies
    That was funny. I've been there!

I was eating at the original El Chico here in Dallas, and we ordered an avocado salad, to get things started, at which the waiter makes in front of you at your table. He used 2 of the largest jalapeno peppers I ever saw.

The salad was too hot for my other guests at the table so I consumed the whole thing myself. I was hungry so I gobled
    it down.

My mouth felt like someone had blow torched my mouth. I naturally took my frozen margarita and tried to cool my mouth with it.

Ended up with a brain freeze that was about as bad as the hot mouth. I thought I was gonna' die right there!

About 30 minutes later, I had fully recovered and was ready to do it all again! LOL!

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That was funny. I've been there!

I was eating at the original El Chico here in Dallas, and we ordered an avocado salad, to get things started, at which the waiter makes in front of you at your table. He used 2 of the largest jalapeno peppers I ever saw.

The salad was too hot for my other guests at the table so I consumed the whole thing myself. I was hungry so I gobled
    it down.

My mouth felt like someone had blow torched my mouth. I naturally took my frozen margarita and tried to cool my mouth with it.

Ended up with a brain freeze that was about as bad as the hot mouth. I thought I was gonna' die right there!

About 30 minutes later, I had fully recovered and was ready to do it all again! LOL!

That salt on the side of the glass will help, but not after you eat them..

Yea don't wanna try that w/ these things though....

I used a lil trick for eating them, & then in only small doses..

Greek & Middle Eastern brined black olives-pretty salty then take the hab & wash it down w/ a ice cold beer, maybe the entire bottle or can if need be......lol

The salt is suppose to tighten up the pores on your tongue..

I have miscalculated a few times & no amount of beer was going to change that.. Entire side of my head was numb, like novocain except it still burned for a half hour before the pain started to subside..

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That salt on the side of the glass will help, but not after you eat them..

Yea don't wanna try that w/ these things though....

I used a lil trick for eating them, & then in only small doses..

Greek & Middle Eastern brined black olives-pretty salty then take the hab & wash it down w/ a ice cold beer, maybe the entire bottle or can if need be......lol

The salt is suppose to tighten up the pores on your tongue..

I have miscalculated a few times & no amount of beer was going to change that.. Entire side of my head was numb, like novocain except it still burned for a half hour before the pain started to subside..
    That's funny! Lol!

Scientists say that Hot peppers release endorphins just like the ones that Heroin releases making it almost impossible to just dip one chip in the salsa.

I've been to many a Mexican restaurant just to eat a whole basket of chips and go through a bowl of salsa before my dinner even comes to the table. Only to have to ask for a to go box for my meal because I was full! LOL!

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

We are very fortunate here to have many great Mom & Pop Mexican restaurants....... Most make their own chips & have several salsa options....... I certainly hope they all survive this..