View Poll Results: Do you wear a mask in public places?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

15 57.69%
  • NO

5 19.23%
  • SOMETIMES

6 23.08%
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Serious question. Do you wear a mask when out in public such as the supermarket.

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Most in my area are wearing a mask. What really bothers me is to see elderly people unmasked. Don't they realize they are in the danger group?
    Yes, me to.. It is actually kinda shocking when I first see them-as you don't see it often..

I know lots of ppl are shopping for their elders but they are dying to get out also... Hopefully this weekend they can get out & have some safe space, BBQ, or whatever they can to enjoy the fresh air etc.....
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,305 Times in 10,499 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    No I dont.

And here is another serious question, all kidding aside I am really interested to know..........

How many of you wore masks everywhere you went during the deadly H1N1 outbreak? How many of you wear masks during the yearly flu outbreaks that routinely kill tens of thousands of people each and every year?
    This is much more contagious than the flu, idiot. You have to go back 50+ years to reach this number of deaths.

Fucking moron.

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,305 Times in 10,499 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

And WHY didnt we have those top intelligence meetings for H1N1 back when Obama was POTUS? H1N1 killed tens of thousands of US citizens so it would have seemed to merit that kind of response .
    It killed about 12,500 people in the US. How does that compare with our current 100,000?

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

Shame those who do not wear masks when around others.
    Russian trolls and their supporters go on Ignore, automatically: no second chance.

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,623 Times in 11,616 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mason View Post
    I wear one for my protection and others,I treat everyone like lepers when shopping.
    I already had cancer once,prediabetic,almost 71 years old.I don't want to end up on a ventilator.
    You better pray you don't windup on a ventilator. Only about 22% make it. I pray you don't catch it.

6. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,824 Times in 17,257 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,596 Times in 4,274 Posts

Just think Muslim women were way ahead of the curve. We could all wear burkas.

7. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    I'm not going to argue with you. If you choose to play Russian Roulette with the virus ok its your body. But at the same time it is a undisputed fact that wearing a mask when operating on people prevents infections thus simple logic dictates that wearing a mask should keep one from contaminating the surounding area.
    Personally I would hate to think I contributed to someones illness or death because I was too lazy or cheap to get and wear a mask.
    I'm not arguing. I'm presenting another, legitimate point of view.

As I said, I'm fairly certain almost everyone one in the US, (except the extremely remote). has already been exposed to it. It effects VERY FEW PEOPLE IN ANY WAY, EVEN FEWER IN A STRONG WAY, AND EVEN FEWER IN A FATAL WAY.

WE ALREADY HAVE "HERD IMMUNITY", for the most part, IMHO.
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

8. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,030 Times in 14,526 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
    It's just courtesy and being a decent person. I guess some weren't raised with the concept of how what you do might affect others. It's why you go to the bathroom in public if you have to scratch or deal with a boogie. Or by not clearing a room by letting your bowels sound the trumpet to charge the fields.
    It's mandatory in NY. Today, I saw a kid walking into a convenient store with no mask/face covering, but he pulled his sleeve over his hand to open the door. Not sure what his mindset is.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

9. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Yes, studies show that it reduces the spread of the pandemic. There are several peer reviewed studies for coronaviruses and influenza, and a few preliminary studies for Covid-19 that shows it reduces the number of viruses spread out of the mouth greatly. It is unknown how much difference that makes, but it is going to make at least some difference.

And because other people want me to wear the mask. I am an independent person, but I try not to be a jerk about it. The losers who refuse to wear a mask, or worse yet run around licking people, are just being jerks for no raeson.
    They are a vast minority in the nation. I didn't wear one before it became mandatory in NY, but many did. I just didn't want to appear to be an alarmist, but I distanced myself from people when I made my rare necessary trips into public.

I'm relieved that it's mandatory, and I'm happy to wear one.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

10. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Why do Nancy Pelosi and other Dems wear matching designer silk scarfs over their faces when they KNOW that according to science a scarf does NOTHING? Could it maybe just be all about the optics you think?
    It doesn't 'do nothing'. Quite the contrary.

11. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You have to understand that it is radically different from state to state. In some places they have theyre citizens trained like seals to do as ORDERED. In some states the people know better and the state Govt knows not to go too far or they will be dealt with. In my state the ban was lifted do to our state supreme court finding it to be unconstitutional.
    I see they raise 'em pretty smart in your state. Your positive numbers are on the rise. But do, by all means, stand on your soap box.

12. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    All the more reason to have worn a mask before. More social interaction.
    Now there's less therefore less reason to.
    But whatever floats your boat. I predict some will wear a mask in public the rest of their lives.
    Before the WuFlu I'd see Asians wearing masks in airports for some reason. We'll probably see more masks by those that are overly cautious now for years.
    I've seen a few elderly wearing them in public during flu season for years. Heart patients need to wear them when the air is frigid.

13. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Maybe you should also question a few things once in a while instead of just accepting what others tell you as absolute truth. Read, research, get other points of view and then decide for yourself. Our economy here has reopened and based upon what I am seeing Trump just may be right AGAIN because things here seem to be roaring back and really picking up steam which is a great thing.
    The economy is not roaring back anywhere.

14. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And WHY didnt we have those top intelligence meetings for H1N1 back when Obama was POTUS? H1N1 killed tens of thousands of US citizens so it would have seemed to merit that kind of response .
    You really don't want to reference epidemics during Obama. Then you would have to explain why trump undid everything that Obama did in order to avoid another crisis.

15. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    I see they raise 'em pretty smart in your state. Your positive numbers are on the rise. But do, by all means, stand on your soap box.
    gawddamed virus need to do as they be told......

Shit hits the fan they won't blame their courts it will be Obama & the deep state poisoning the wells for satan, the deeper deep state, Democrats etc etc etc..............
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."