View Poll Results: Do you wear a mask in public places?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

15 57.69%
  • NO

5 19.23%
  • SOMETIMES

6 23.08%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Serious question. Do you wear a mask when out in public such as the supermarket.

1. #136 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,736 Times in 14,331 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Do you breath that same air while wearing? Because if you do the mask does nothing.
    Yes. I'm in very close face to face proximity. Why? Do you plan on doing oral exams at the grocery?
    According to you...you're wasting your time.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

2. #137 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    That is funny coming from a well-known liar and bullshitter like Uncle Dutch.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (05-25-2020)

4. #138 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,736 Times in 14,331 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Smoke is composed of particulates and yes, it goes right thru those masks.
    Of course it does. But the distance that it travels is greatly diminished. And...some of the moisture from a sneeze/cough will be absorbed by any face covering.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

5. #139 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,619 Times in 21,482 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

Compare the mask to a shower curtain. It does not keep all the water in the shower, but enough that you use it.

6. #140 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,419 Times in 7,538 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Of course it does. But the distance that it travels is greatly diminished. And...some of the moisture from a sneeze/cough will be absorbed by any face covering.
    Masks are effective against aerosol transmission, I've always said that. If you have the habit of sneezing in other's faces you should wear. If you plan on doing oral exams in public places on strangers, you should wear.

7. #141 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 2,207 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 970 Times in 889 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mason View Post
    It's not a political issue
    It's ALL political. It's a political mess.

Oh, and fuck you, democrats.
    Free speech is cool as long as it jibes with our program.

-- The Left

8. #142 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,265 Times in 3,123 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 266 Times in 254 Posts

In a supermarket yes.

Outdoors in a park/trail no.

In a closed building sneezing or coughing could spread the virus. Outdoors this is unlikely.
    Keep changing the names. It doesn't change the meaning.

Abortion
    Pro-Choice
    Women's rights
    Women's Health

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish For This Post:

Life is Golden (05-24-2020)

10. #143 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    In a supermarket yes.

Outdoors in a park/trail no.

In a closed building sneezing or coughing could spread the virus. Outdoors this is unlikely.
    When I go out I have never seen anyone on a trail wear a mask, on foot, bike or horse.. WHen I go for a walk I see many more ppl of all ages out walking, maybe 20% tops wearing a mask.. IN the store just the opposite-maybe 90% wearing a mask..

Some ppl always take it to foolish extremes.....

After 3 years of trying to get ppl to bring their own bag to the store in Calif, they don't allow them now..... They'll take your cash though & let you return shit that could be contaminated, not to mention the clothes you're wearing etc etc etc......
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

11. #144 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,614 Times in 10,679 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Compare the mask to a shower curtain. It does not keep all the water in the shower, but enough that you use it.
    Water does not infect you.

One microscopic virus can, and your SILLIASS MASK IS DOING NOTHING TO PREVENT THAT.
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

12. #145 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    yes, that is prob better for many but has some downsides as well...... My friends dad was just put on that as he wasn't doing well & was getting a lot of stress & anxiety w/ those tubes stuffed down him......... & those can be gateways to other bad stuff entering the lungs as well........

How did you learn about that, if I may ask??
    I thought that was common knowledge by now, obviously not.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/14/n...ronavirus.html

13. #146 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Do you wear a mask in public places?
    If so why?
    If not why?
    Nope and Fauci agreed with me—in March lol.

auci: …There’s no reason to be walking around with a mask. When you’re in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet, but it’s not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is. And, often, there are unintended consequences — people keep fiddling with the mask and they keep touching their face.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/05/ou...ut-of-context/
    _________

The liberal fact checker tried to spin this comment [because, Trump] but Fauci was as right then as he is now—or would be, if he didn’t walk it back.

Masks will stop a droplet or two, but whatever droplets that are stopped end up on the mask; person fiddles with it [tempted to say nearly invariably when worn by the public] and bingo, the virus gets from the mask to whatever the person touches next.

In the trade that’s referred to as ‘cross contamination’. Where a pathogen is transmitted from Point A to Point B by a human helper.

That said, if I was on a subway in NYC I’d probably don the virus catcher. Walking into a grocery store in WV or anywhere else? Not so much. Anywhere outdoors. No. Not even in NYC in April.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

14. #147 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

For some reason Trumpettes see Covid-19 the Trump wants them to see it, not as a new virus that acts differently than others but as a minor inconvenience as he golfs on their dime. It is a funny sight, he plays them and they dance along. Trump is a failure in every thing he has done in business and yet they follow. Weird huh.

'Assessment of Deaths From COVID-19 and From Seasonal Influenza'

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2766121

'The president is failing, and Americans are paying for his failures.''

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...ilures/609532/
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

15. #148 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,524 Times in 11,565 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Nope and Fauci agreed with me—in March lol.

auci: …There’s no reason to be walking around with a mask. When you’re in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet, but it’s not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is. And, often, there are unintended consequences — people keep fiddling with the mask and they keep touching their face.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/05/ou...ut-of-context/
    _________

The liberal fact checker tried to spin this comment [because, Trump] but Fauci was as right then as he is now—or would be, if he didn’t walk it back.

Masks will stop a droplet or two, but whatever droplets that are stopped end up on the mask; person fiddles with it [tempted to say nearly invariably when worn by the public] and bingo, the virus gets from the mask to whatever the person touches next.

In the trade that’s referred to as ‘cross contamination’. Where a pathogen is transmitted from Point A to Point B by a human helper.

That said, if I was on a subway in NYC I’d probably don the virus catcher. Walking into a grocery store in WV or anywhere else? Not so much. Anywhere outdoors. No. Not even in NYC in April.

So you prefer to play coronavirus Russian roulette. The idiots at the WHO agree with you don't wear a mask unless caring for a virus patient or feeling ill. What about all those asymptomatic people they spread the virus without knowing it. We sanitize our masks with UVC light every time we use them. And most prudent people agree with me. But it is your right to do as you please.

16. #149 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    So you prefer to play coronavirus Russian roulette. The idiots at the WHO agree with you don't wear a mask unless caring for a virus patient or feeling ill. What about all those asymptomatic people they spread the virus without knowing it. We sanitize our masks with UVC light every time we use them. And most prudent people agree with me. But it is your right to do as you please.
    Not sure who ‘we’ are but if you sanitize your masks, good.

Most people aren’t going to do that. Fauci is right about the ‘unintended consequences’ of mask wearing: they spread as many germs as they collect when not handled properly. Bottom line is mask-wearing may sound like good policy but in reality it’s kind of so-so and may even exacerbate the spread of COVID.

It’s like forcing people to stay inside by closing parks and etc—a great number of infections have occurred at home.

In any event, people are starting to rebel. The beaches were/are crowded this weekend. Democrat governors who wanted to keep churches closed are being told ‘sorry, no’ in a couple of states and the really neat thing is there’s not a whole lot the governors can do about it.

We remain a free nation, after all.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

17. #150 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Not sure who ‘we’ are but if you sanitize your masks, good.

Most people aren’t going to do that. Fauci is right about the ‘unintended consequences’ of mask wearing: they spread as many germs as they collect when not handled properly. Bottom line is mask-wearing may sound like good policy but in reality it’s kind of so-so and may even exacerbate the spread of COVID.

It’s like forcing people to stay inside by closing parks and etc—a great number of infections have occurred at home.

In any event, people are starting to rebel. The beaches were/are crowded this weekend. Democrat governors who wanted to keep churches closed are being told ‘sorry, no’ in a couple of states and the really neat thing is there’s not a whole lot the governors can do about it.

We remain a free nation, after all.
    Hopefully your celebration for the end of Ramadan is continuing & safe...

Yes, most masks & wearers are imperfect, but on the flip side if one in ten worked to prevent some vulnerable person from being exposed, that isn't a bad thing, is it?? Personally I don't wear a mask w/ illusions, do you??

While I certainly don't agree w/ many of the rules I don't make it about me.......... I find it sad that a pandemic, like almost everything else in the country now is about politics & "MY RIGHTS"~fuck everyone else.........

& I don't only blame the poor disgruntled all about me bastards & bitches~ unfortunately they will always be w/ us..

Sadly our society as a whole tends to lean towards divisiveness more than ever...

We have a pandemic which we all are against, sounds like something any society would join together to fight, but are they be encouraged to do so?? Or is it being used as just another reason to choose up sides & point fingers??

Back when we were kids our country was pretty dirty..... Even the roads were lined w/ beer cans, cigarette packs & empty fast food bags......

Now that is rare & when ppl see it they aren't pleased..

That did not come about as a result of the signs threatening a $500 fine, but social norms making it unacceptable..

We as a society need to embrace that, not force & threats which often produce the exact opposite of what they are intended to accomplish, & are a breeding ground to exploit the ignorant & disgruntled..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."