Thread: Biden caught lying about Ukraine prosecutor firing

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    It's a quote............not an opinion or interpretation.
    “It’s going to be critical for him to work quickly to repair the damage that Shokin did,” Biden said in the call. “And I’m a man of my word. And now that the new prosecutor general is in place, we’re ready to move forward to signing that new $1 billion loan guarantee.”
    https://nypost.com/2020/05/20/joe-bi...enko-released/
    And on tape. So, excuse #! DENIAL. I expected nothing less from Dummy Domer.
    Every life matters

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,307 Times in 10,500 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    It's a quote............not an opinion or interpretation.
    “It’s going to be critical for him to work quickly to repair the damage that Shokin did,” Biden said in the call. “And I’m a man of my word. And now that the new prosecutor general is in place, we’re ready to move forward to signing that new $1 billion loan guarantee.”
    https://nypost.com/2020/05/20/joe-bi...enko-released/
    That story has been played and replayed and explained to you morons uncountable times. It seems to be your newer iteration of Benghazi.

Your collective desperation is laughable.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    I'm dying to find out what the excuse from the left will be. Is there a single intellectually honest lib who will admit that if a quid pro quo is an impeachable offense (never mind that Trump didn't even do it), then it also must a disqualifying offense to become POTUS. Right?

Your willful ignorance is just laughably priceless!

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    And on tape. So, excuse #! DENIAL. I expected nothing less from Dummy Domer.
    You’re a fucking fool and massively ignorant.

Fucking clown.

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Red State is a right wing disinformation site, so I have strong doubts about this story.

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    This aaccount dated October 4 2019 comes from the highly respected conservative newspaper The Financial Times of London

European and US officials pressed Ukraine to sack Viktor Shokin, the country’s former prosecutor-general, months before Joe Biden, the former US vice-president, personally intervened to force his removal, people involved in the talks said. Mr Biden did not act unilaterally nor did he instigate the push against Mr Shokin, despite suggestions to the contrary by supporters of US president Donald Trump.

EU diplomats working on Ukraine at the time have told the FT that they were looking for ways to persuade Kiev to remove Mr Shokin well before Mr Biden entered the picture. The push for Mr Shokin’s removal was part of an international effort to bolster Ukraine’s institutions following Russia’s annexation of Crimea and the armed conflict in the eastern part of the country.

“All of us were really pushing Poroshenko that he needs to do something, because the prosecutor was not following any of the corruption issues. He was really bad news,” said an EU diplomat involved in the discussions. “It was Biden who finally came in and triggered it. Biden was the most vocal, as the US usually is. But we were all literally complaining about the prosecutor.”

Prominent Republican senators, including Rob Portman of Ohio and Ron Johnson of Wisconsin, were on a similar push at the time, calling for “urgent reforms to the prosecutor-general’s office and judiciary” in an early 2016 letter to President Poroshenko.

A Poroshenko government adviser added: “Everyone was pushing for Shokin’s resignation, not just Biden. The difference was Biden came with an amount of money Ukraine found hard to ignore. If the Europeans had had that leverage, they would have used it.”

https://www.ft.com/content/e1454ace-...3-db5a370481bc
    So what? We have Porshenko ON TAPE, admitting there was no evidence of corruption, and all Biden says is, "that's great!"

So denial it is.
    Every life matters

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

The tapes, which are yet to be authenticated, were released on Tuesday by Ukrainian lawmaker Andrii Derkach, who long has aired unsubstantiated corruption accusations against Biden and his son, who used to serve on the board of Ukrainian gas company Burisma.

The recordings don't appear to contain anything that would incriminate Biden or his son and were seen by some observers as a political effort to help U.S. President Donald Trump's reelection bid.

https://abcnews.go.com/International...biden-70794148

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,338 Times in 2,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 633 Times in 549 Posts
    Blog Entries

Man, has Countryboy fallen. What happened? Could he pick a worse source without going into infowars territory? I'd trust my dog to guard my steak more than I'd trust that open book of bias and adulterating practiced anti-news for much of anything.