Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: "Trump demands governors allow churches to open"

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump is willing to sacrifice lives if it helps him win in November; human life means nothing to a sociopath the like of Donald Trump.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

PoliTalker (05-23-2020)

3. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    When we get rid of the Evangelists nobody ever will.
    muslimes are the ones who force people to do things they don't want to do

it is a vile ideology

it doesn't rate as a religion

I hope all muslimes get the chinese virus and die

4. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Obviously, the government has the authority to quarantine.
    do the people in the churches have a disease that we need to be quarantined from?......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

5. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It’s not absolute, moron. Your pathetic need to have a fucking building to worship has been temporarily suspended. Big fucking deal. Pray somewhere else, liar.
    you realize that we are not allowed to gather outside the building either, correct.....
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

6. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,172 Times in 10,390 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    do the people in the churches have a disease that we need to be quarantined from?......
    Congrats. Stupid question of the day.

Clown

7. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

you realize that we are not allowed to gather outside the building either, correct.....
    What’s your point, nipplehead?

8. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello archives,

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    "Trump demands governors allow churches to open"
    "President Trump on Friday ordered governors to allow houses of worship to open immediately, declaring them “essential” to American life during COVID-19."

“The governors need to do the right thing and allow these very important essential places of faith to open right now, this weekend,” Trump said during brief remarks at the White House. Trump took no questions, however, and left immediately after his brief statement."

“If they don't do it I will override the governors. America, we need more prayer, not less," he said."

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/499184-trump-demands-governors-allow-churches-to-open

"Behind Trump’s demand to reopen churches: Slipping poll numbers and alarm inside his campaign"
    "A sudden shift in support for Donald Trump among religious conservatives is triggering alarm bells inside his reelection campaign, where top aides have long banked on expanding the president’s evangelical base as a key part of their strategy for victory this November.

The anxiety over Trump’s standing with the Christian right surfaced after a pair of surveys by reputable outfits earlier this month found waning confidence in the administration’s coronavirus response among key religious groups, with a staggering decline in the president’s favorability among white evangelicals and white Catholics.

Part of the strategy Trump allies have adopted to protect his relationship with conservative Christians is to frame the novel coronavirus — and church closures in response to social distancing restrictions — as a threat to religious freedom.

Pence told conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt earlier this month that “the liberties enshrined in the Constitution still apply to every American, even in the middle of a national emergency.”

The Justice Department has also gotten involved. In a letter sent Tuesday to California Gov. Gavin Newsom, department officials warned the prominent Democrat that his measures to relax social-distancing guidelines in the Golden State cannot discriminate against religious groups and institutions

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/22/trump-churches-evaneglicals-coronavirus-274842

Most know Trump's history with religion is skeptical at best, so who, other than some southern evangelicals, are going to now buy Trump's sudden "we need more prayer" theme?

And how would this not be Trump pimping religion in the midst of a health crisis for his own political ends?
    If they don't do what he says he will attack them on twitter in the middle of the night.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,539 Times in 14,028 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    "Trump demands governors allow churches to open"
    "President Trump on Friday ordered governors to allow houses of worship to open immediately, declaring them “essential” to American life during COVID-19."

“The governors need to do the right thing and allow these very important essential places of faith to open right now, this weekend,” Trump said during brief remarks at the White House. Trump took no questions, however, and left immediately after his brief statement."

“If they don't do it I will override the governors. America, we need more prayer, not less," he said."

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/499184-trump-demands-governors-allow-churches-to-open

"Behind Trump’s demand to reopen churches: Slipping poll numbers and alarm inside his campaign"
    "A sudden shift in support for Donald Trump among religious conservatives is triggering alarm bells inside his reelection campaign, where top aides have long banked on expanding the president’s evangelical base as a key part of their strategy for victory this November.

The anxiety over Trump’s standing with the Christian right surfaced after a pair of surveys by reputable outfits earlier this month found waning confidence in the administration’s coronavirus response among key religious groups, with a staggering decline in the president’s favorability among white evangelicals and white Catholics.

Part of the strategy Trump allies have adopted to protect his relationship with conservative Christians is to frame the novel coronavirus — and church closures in response to social distancing restrictions — as a threat to religious freedom.

Pence told conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt earlier this month that “the liberties enshrined in the Constitution still apply to every American, even in the middle of a national emergency.”

The Justice Department has also gotten involved. In a letter sent Tuesday to California Gov. Gavin Newsom, department officials warned the prominent Democrat that his measures to relax social-distancing guidelines in the Golden State cannot discriminate against religious groups and institutions

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/22/trump-churches-evaneglicals-coronavirus-274842

Most know Trump's history with religion is skeptical at best, so who, other than some southern evangelicals, are going to now buy Trump's sudden "we need more prayer" theme?

And how would this not be Trump pimping religion in the midst of a health crisis for his own political ends?
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

10. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Actually, if wasn’t connected to news outlets I’d have no idea there was a pandemic lol.
    People would tell you I promise
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

11. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What’s your point, nipplehead?
    that your claim that its all about a building is patently false......

12. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Congrats. Stupid question of the day.

Clown
    so you're saying you have no clue what the word quarantine means.......there is no more reason to "quarantine" people who attend church than there would be to "quarantine" people who shop at Walmart..........the state could easily apply the "no more than x people per 1000 square feet" that they use to limit shoppers at Target or Walgreens........or, they could simply permit churches to hold services outside......so obviously there is nothing stupid about my question.........unless perhaps it was the person it was directed to.........
    Last edited by PostmodernProphet; 05-23-2020 at 06:43 PM.

13. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

that your claim that its all about a building is patently false......
    The topic is about opening churches, you fucking idiot. What an illiterate moron.

14. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

so you're saying you have no clue what the word quarantine means.......there is no more reason to "quarantine" people who attend church than there would be to "quarantine" people who shop at Walmart..........the state could easily apply the "no more than x people per 1000 square feet" that they use to limit shoppers at Target or Walgreens........or, they could simply permit churches to hold services outside......so obviously there is nothing stupid about my question.........unless perhaps it was the person it was directed to.........
    Use whatever word applies, you fucking idiot.

Isolate
    Quarantine
    Lockdown

I don’t give a fuck what word tickles your ignorant fancy, moron. The government has the authority to do what they’ve been doing.

Your stupid question was whether the people in churches have a disease. The answer, you stupid fuck, is possibly to probably to yes. Your stupid question of the day still stands.

Moron.

15. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,990 Times in 8,257 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,672 Times in 2,478 Posts

Hmmm...
    CDC Issues Alarming Triple-Fatality Report On COVID-19 Cases At Arkansas Church
    Mary Papenfuss

COVID-19 cases first contracted by a pastor and his wife ended up spreading to 35 others who attended events at their rural Arkansas church that resulted in three deaths, a troubling report revealed Friday.

An additional 26 cases in the community occurred among people who had contact with those who participated in the church events, according to the study by the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. One of them also died.

The study was released the same day President Donald Trump demanded churches and other houses of worship reopen for services amid the coronavirus crisis. He deemed religious services “essential” and threatened to override governors who ignored his orders for health and safety reasons. Legal experts don’t believe he has the authority to do so.

The church in the CDC study was identified only as “Church A” in a rural Arkansas county of 25,000 people.

The report found that more than a third of 92 people who attended events at the church from March 6 to 11 contracted confirmed cases of COVID-19, and three later died. The pastor, the first known case along with his wife, led a Bible study group at the church before he developed symptoms, according to the study, “High COVID-19 Attack Rate Among Attendees at Events at a Church — Arkansas, March 2020.”

Other events at the church during the time studied included worship services and a special children’s event over three days that involved a community meal, singing and the passing of “offerings” from children to adults. The pastor closed the church March 12 after others in his congregation began to feel ill two days after his initial symptoms developed, according to the study.

“This outbreak highlights the potential for widespread transmission of ... the virus that causes COVID-19, both at group gatherings during church events and within the broader community,” the study warned. “These findings underscore the opportunity for faith-based organizations to prevent COVID-19 by following local authorities’ guidance and the U.S. Government’s Guidelines.”

Arkansas hadn’t issued social distancing guidelines urging people to stay 6 feet apart until March 16, the report noted. But the pastor told researchers that church members sat apart during the Bible study he led.

Revised guidelines by the CDC set out various precautions to take at houses of worship planning to reopen, depending on the existing rates of community transmission of COVID-19. They include daily cleaning of churches, limiting the size of gatherings, suspending “singing, chanting, or reciting” during services, maintaining social distancing, providing hand sanitizer and encouraging the use of face masks.

Social distancing guidelines have not been followed in a number of churches that have already restarted services in various states. Reopened houses of worship have reported COVID-19 cases and deaths.

Church services can be “super-spreader” events, serving as incubators for a wider-scale community infection. One church in South Korea is believed to have provided a setting for thousands of people to contract the virus over the course of a month.

Sources told Politico that Trump demanded that houses of worship reopen because of slipping poll numbers showing him losing ground to Democratic presidential front-runner Joe Biden. Two recent polls this month show support for the president eroding among white evangelicals and white Catholics, who had been crucial backers.

16. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,990 Times in 8,257 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,672 Times in 2,478 Posts

I guess we have to ask what is more important, you gathering, or American surviving.