Thread: "Trump demands governors allow churches to open"

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,978 Times in 32,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Where in the Constitution does it say one needs a building to worship?
    nowhere......now as a followup, where in the constitution does it say the government can CLOSE a building used for worship?......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Earl (05-23-2020)

3. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    But more coronavirus deaths are what you’re hoping for.

And they call us deplorable.
    good point......since they want us to die, why aren't they encouraging us to open the churches?.....
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Darth Omar (05-24-2020), Earl (05-23-2020), Stretch (05-23-2020)

5. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The SCOTUS is clear on religious freedom, moron. It applies to opinions and beliefs, not how one physical carries out their religion.
    actually, almost every religious freedom case revolves around how one physically carries out his religion.........consider for example the use of peyote in Indian religious ceremonies, where and when prayer may be conducted, whether copies of the Ten Commandments may be displayed in court houses......

6. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 93 Times in 82 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    "Trump demands governors allow churches to open"
    "President Trump on Friday ordered governors to allow houses of worship to open immediately, declaring them “essential” to American life during COVID-19."

“The governors need to do the right thing and allow these very important essential places of faith to open right now, this weekend,” Trump said during brief remarks at the White House. Trump took no questions, however, and left immediately after his brief statement."

“If they don't do it I will override the governors. America, we need more prayer, not less," he said."

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/499184-trump-demands-governors-allow-churches-to-open

"Behind Trump’s demand to reopen churches: Slipping poll numbers and alarm inside his campaign"
    "A sudden shift in support for Donald Trump among religious conservatives is triggering alarm bells inside his reelection campaign, where top aides have long banked on expanding the president’s evangelical base as a key part of their strategy for victory this November.

The anxiety over Trump’s standing with the Christian right surfaced after a pair of surveys by reputable outfits earlier this month found waning confidence in the administration’s coronavirus response among key religious groups, with a staggering decline in the president’s favorability among white evangelicals and white Catholics.

Part of the strategy Trump allies have adopted to protect his relationship with conservative Christians is to frame the novel coronavirus — and church closures in response to social distancing restrictions — as a threat to religious freedom.

Pence told conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt earlier this month that “the liberties enshrined in the Constitution still apply to every American, even in the middle of a national emergency.”

The Justice Department has also gotten involved. In a letter sent Tuesday to California Gov. Gavin Newsom, department officials warned the prominent Democrat that his measures to relax social-distancing guidelines in the Golden State cannot discriminate against religious groups and institutions

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/22/trump-churches-evaneglicals-coronavirus-274842

Most know Trump's history with religion is skeptical at best, so who, other than some southern evangelicals, are going to now buy Trump's sudden "we need more prayer" theme?

And how would this not be Trump pimping religion in the midst of a health crisis for his own political ends?
    Your overt disdain for the 1st amendment is noted, we are all justified in extrajudicially executing all of the DNC leadership as domestic enemies of the republic.

7. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The SCOTUS is clear on religious freedom, moron. It applies to opinions and beliefs, not how one physical carries out their religion. The government is within its authority to suspend gatherings, whether it be football games, concerts or church.
    Which case law would that be you laughable faggot? Seriously cite the case or shut your retarded mouth.

8. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

SCOTUS has already ruled on what constitutes religious freedom.
    In what case faggot?

9. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Trump does not have the authority to overrule the governors. He was not elected king after all. He still has not learned that.
    The governors who are ruling by decree need to be rounded up and executed for crimes against the republic you stupid little fuck.

10. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
    Too bad for Trump many are already allowed to have mass and his ploys at raising his audience won't mean much. They just have to provide safe services like anyone else. Limited capacity, etc. And this is in lockdown Michigan.

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/cat...masks-required
    Too bad for you they were limiting them to ten people but out door dining was allowed 50 so catch a bullet faggot, it's time for armed revolt from New York to Michigan storm the governors mansions and hanf the tyrants from the nearest light pole!

11. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,686 Times in 17,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    good point......since they want us to die, why aren't they encouraging us to open the churches?.....
    Some (PoliTalker) even cheer the economic loss to millions of Americans and their families caused by the virus from China that China failed to contain.

12. The Following User Groans At Earl For This Awful Post:

christiefan915 (05-23-2020)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

Stretch (05-23-2020)

14. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FreeSpeech View Post
    Too bad for you they were limiting them to ten people but out door dining was allowed 50 so catch a bullet faggot, it's time for armed revolt from New York to Michigan storm the governors mansions and hanf the tyrants from the nearest light pole!
    I wait to see a pathetic little coward like you leading a revolt. All talk and no action from my little sweetie pie.

15. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

I can't see that a service without singing would be anything, and singing is extremely dangerous from the point of view of infection. Trumpf cares nothing for religious freedom, only for votes, and everyone knows that.

16. The Following User Groans At Iolo/Penderyn For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-23-2020)

17. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,427 Times in 5,874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,523 Times in 6,264 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    ha ha. I'm Buddhist you moron - no gods in Buddhism.
    But Christ called on his followers to "do this in remembrance of me" and gather together in His name
    Nah- you've turned the Buddha into a deity. You're kidding yourself.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

18. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    I wait to see a pathetic little coward like you leading a revolt. All talk and no action from my little sweetie pie.
    We're going to put your heads on pikes faggot and there's not a fucking thing you can do about it.

19. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,427 Times in 5,874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,523 Times in 6,264 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FreeSpeech View Post
    In what case faggot?
    Get lost, pencil-neck.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

20. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    Nah- you've turned the Buddha into a deity. You're kidding yourself.
    Die slow and screaming rapefugee faggot.