Members banned from this thread: Legion, Truth Detector, canceled.2021.2, Earl and FreeSpeech

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Liar, Liar

1. #151 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,425 Times in 52,449 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Any investigation would entail all the women that he exposed himself to while in college. His roommate seems to confirm his actions. I don't know if they'll ever prove the attempted rape, but if they keep digging it's possible.

None of which does anything but make him impeachable. Doing it now just brings another turd to the bench. Who knows what will happen when trump is gone. Don't forget that Barr won't allow any type of case to be brought under his watch. Unless these will be civil cases by his victims?
    I'd question his drinking buds to find out when Bart first bragged about losing his virginity. If it differs from his public claims, then that's also impeachable. All of his testimony should be fact-checked for perjury.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. #152 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,033 Times in 14,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    I'd question his drinking buds to find out when Bart first bragged about losing his virginity. If it differs from his public claims, then that's also impeachable. All of his testimony should be fact-checked for perjury.
    Yes. And that's all that is possible. Getting rid of him. Which will do nothing until trump is gone. It's obvious he's a liar. First we need to get a Senate majority so that Ginsburg can retire in peace.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

3. #153 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yes. And that's all that is possible. Getting rid of him. Which will do nothing until trump is gone. It's obvious he's a liar. First we need to get a Senate majority so that Ginsburg can retire in peace.
    The election will be close. What are the odds the Democrats will take the Senate?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKCN22A2ZM
    “It’s basically around 50-50,” Kyle Kondik, an elections analyst at the University of Virginia, said of the Senate odds. “For most of this cycle, I had things leaning to the Republicans. The playing field has gotten somewhat bigger, and the states we knew were going to be competitive have gotten a little better for Democrats over time.”

4. #154 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The election will be close. What are the odds the Democrats will take the Senate?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKCN22A2ZM
    “It’s basically around 50-50,” Kyle Kondik, an elections analyst at the University of Virginia, said of the Senate odds. “For most of this cycle, I had things leaning to the Republicans. The playing field has gotten somewhat bigger, and the states we knew were going to be competitive have gotten a little better for Democrats over time.”
    It will once again hinge on turnout. Republicans have more seats up than Dems, which is the opposite of '18. If current trends continue, it might be possible. McConnell is hated almost as much as Graham.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

5. #155 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It will once again hinge on turnout. Republicans have more seats up than Dems, which is the opposite of '18. If current trends continue, it might be possible. McConnell is hated almost as much as Graham.
    One party controlling all of Congress vs. a President on the opposite party forces both sides to work with each other.

Do you think Election 2020 will see a higher turnout or a lower turnout compared to 2016? 2018?

6. #156 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

One party controlling all of Congress vs. a President on the opposite party forces both sides to work with each other.

Do you think Election 2020 will see a higher turnout or a lower turnout compared to 2016? 2018?
    The only turnout that matters is Independents. Kids and non white voters chose not to vote in '16. '18 saw an improvement. You never know what the kids will do. They were motivated by mass shootings last year. I don't see much about that these days.

7. #157 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The only turnout that matters is Independents. Kids and non white voters chose not to vote in '16. '18 saw an improvement. You never know what the kids will do. They were motivated by mass shootings last year. I don't see much about that these days.
    Agreed they are the swing voters, but is a low showing in one party is countered by a slightly larger showing in the opposite party, that could make the difference in the outcome.

8. #158 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

so quaint.. so uninformed - see my sig
    I don't know how you were diverted / You were perverted too
    I don't know how you were inverted / No one alerted you

9. #159 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,238 Times in 6,870 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,850 Times in 1,713 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post

so quaint.. so uninformed - see my sig
    Dems didn't invent Stormy. They didn't invent Trump not releasing his returns - which he said he'd do.

Isn't there just a little about Trump that gives you pause? I know you can deal w/ all of the "boor" stuff, but what about him makes you think he has anyone's interests in mind aside from his own?

He's a poor leader. I know you think he's standing up to China & deregulating and all that, but he has a very short-term vision for everything. He's not setting us up well for the future.

10. #160 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Agreed they are the swing voters, but is a low showing in one party is countered by a slightly larger showing in the opposite party, that could make the difference in the outcome.
    Yes. But I'm sure we both agree that both parties are extremely motivated to vote. Only voter suppression will keep Democrats from the polls.

11. #161 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    Dems didn't invent Stormy. They didn't invent Trump not releasing his returns - which he said he'd do.

Isn't there just a little about Trump that gives you pause? I know you can deal w/ all of the "boor" stuff, but what about him makes you think he has anyone's interests in mind aside from his own?

He's a poor leader. I know you think he's standing up to China & deregulating and all that, but he has a very short-term vision for everything. He's not setting us up well for the future.
    I'm sure he believes that China is paying the trump tariffs. All facts to the contrary notwithstanding. Which begs the question...is the U.S paying the Chinese imposed tariffs on the other end?

12. #162 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

no but they glorified Stormy, and basically made (another) false case that Cohen was gonna be the final straw.

But those are minor characters in the years long Russian hoax -hopefully yu get that much at least ( the hoax part)

As to Trumps agreements -they are TREATIES -unlike the TPP which was an 'international executive agreement'-
    not ratified by the Senate and not survivable past one POTUS to the next.

I won't even get into 'transcational foreign policy' -get your facts correct first

13. #163 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,238 Times in 6,870 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,850 Times in 1,713 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    no but they glorified Stormy, and basically made (another) false case that Cohen was gonna be the final straw.

But those are minor characters in the years long Russian hoax -hopefully yu get that much at least ( the hoax part)

As to Trumps agreements -they are TREATIES -unlike the TPP which was an 'international executive agreement'-
    not ratified by the Senate and not survivable past one POTUS to the next.

I won't even get into 'transcational foreign policy' -get your facts correct first
    You'll defend Trump no matter what.

I've never been that way about a politician.

14. #164 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yes. But I'm sure we both agree that both parties are extremely motivated to vote. Only voter suppression will keep Democrats from the polls.
    Isn't it the Democrats who want the popular vote? What do you think controls those "voter suppression" laws in each state?

15. #165 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You'll defend Trump no matter what.

I've never been that way about a politician.
    Agreed. That's part of being a political partisan: "stand by your man" no matter what. The Democrats did that with Trump's buddy Bill Clinton even when Slick Willie was accused of rape.