Members banned from this thread: evince, Truth Detector, CFM and FreeSpeech

Thread: Biden Says Black Voters ‘Ain’t Black’ if They’re Considering Trump

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Default Biden Says Black Voters ‘Ain’t Black’ if They’re Considering Trump

Kind of a big "wow" statement. Just taking a step back it's a (privileged) white man trying to define how black people must think, act or behave to be considered black. Do we say that to people of any other race?

It's one thing if Biden said me and my policies would be better for the black community. Nothing wrong with that. But to say you wouldn't be considered black goes way beyond that and cuts much deeper. That sh*t is crazy to me.

Biden Says Black Voters ‘Ain’t Black’ if They’re Considering Trump

The former vice president ignited controversy in a testy exchange in a radio interview with Charlamagne Tha God on “The Breakfast Club.”

Former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr., the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, outlined a slate of economic proposals Friday in a new television interview, but also ignited controversy by telling a radio host that black voters torn between voting for him and President Trump “ain’t black.”

In an interview with CNBC, Mr. Biden pledged Friday that he would repeal the tax cuts signed by the president in 2017 and raise the corporate tax rate, and that he would not raise taxes on anyone making less than $400,000, as he seeks to outline his plan for American economic recovery in the wake of the global coronavirus pandemic.

Mr. Biden gave some of his most detailed explanations of his economic policy. He rejected the idea that he would govern as an economic progressive, saying “I have a record of over 40 years, and I’m going to be Joe Biden. Look at my record.”

But it was his comments at the end of a testy exchange with Charlamagne Tha God, a host on “The Breakfast Club,” a nationally syndicated morning show popular with black millennials, that has dominated the conversation online. In the interview, during which the former vice president sidestepped a question about marijuana legalization and his running mate selection, Mr. Biden also made clear that he felt there was no reason black Americans would consider voting for Mr. Trump.

“If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump then you ain’t black,” Mr. Biden said.

The remark sparked immediate pushback on social media, with activists and conservatives jumping on Mr. Biden, 77, for acting as the arbiter of blackness. His words also exposed wounds among Democrats that date to 2016, when many leaders felt the party took black voters for granted.

Senator Tim Scott of South Carolina, the only black Republican in the U.S. Senate, released a statement on Twitter, reminding Mr. Biden that “1.3 million black Americans already voted for Trump in 2016.”

“This morning, Joe Biden told every single one of us we ‘ain’t black,’” Mr. Scott said. “I’d say I’m surprised, but it’s sadly par for the course for Democrats to take the black community for granted and brow beat those that don’t agree.”

Symone Sanders, a senior adviser for Mr. Biden, later tweeted that the comments were in jest.

In another part of the interview, Mr. Biden assured the radio host that he intended to inspire black voters in the general election. Using the appeal that worked for him in the Democratic primary, Mr. Biden said black voters knew him and his record, and would value his close kinship with former President Barack Obama.

On Friday morning, during the interview with CNBC, Mr. Biden said he would raise the corporate tax rate to 28 percent, more than its current rate of 21 percent but less than it was before Mr. Trump’s legislation, which lowered it from 35 percent. Mr. Biden also said he thought large corporations like Amazon should begin to pay their taxes, though he sidestepped a question on whether the large conglomerate should be broken up by the government.

“I think Amazon should start paying their taxes,” Mr. Biden said. “I don’t think any company, I don’t give a damn how big they are, Lord Almighty, should absolutely be in a position where they pay no tax.”

Would you like recommendations for more stories like this?

Yes
    He continued: “What’s the capitalist system all about? The capitalist system is about everyone dealing fairly and dealing straight up with the American people and with their employees.”

The details come as Mr. Biden continues his transition from apparent primary winner to general election nominee. He is seeking to unite the party around a forward looking agenda that promises economic change, while matching the historic economic challenges now posed by the effects of the coronavirus pandemic.

The latest jobs report showed millions more workers joined the ranks of the unemployed this week, bringing the total of jobless claims to nearly 39 million in just over two months. Mr. Biden has tried to pin the devastation on Mr. Trump’s administration, saying that it did not respond quickly enough to the looming pandemic threat.

“His slowness is costing lives and costing jobs and costing our ability to rebound,” Mr. Biden said Friday.

However, Mr. Biden’s comments were met with some criticism, as several progressive Democrats questioned whether his outlined corporate tax rate — and his pledge to only raise taxes on Americans making more than $400,000 — was a sign he could not deliver the programs capable of expansive change. Mr. Biden has, at times, oscillated between moderate policy proposals and embracing the rhetoric of systemic upheaval, a choose-your-own-adventure strategy which can allow progressive and moderate allies to see in his campaign what they want.

In separate media interviews this week, Mr. Biden addressed his ongoing search for a running mate and his agenda for black Americans, a key constituency in the Democratic electorate that helped save his primary campaign. Several of the candidates on Mr. Biden’s vice-presidential short list have publicly confirmed they have spoken with his team, including Representative Val Demings of Florida and Senator Maggie Hassan of New Hampshire.

After a news report said that Senator Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota had been contacted by his vice-presidential committee, Mr. Biden was asked about her on “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert.”

“No one has been vetted,” Mr. Biden said. “There is a team put together to go down a preliminary list of people, ask their interests, ask them general questions.”

Of Ms. Klobuchar, he said: “What you don’t want to do is let out all the names that you’re vetting because if someone is not chosen the presumption is not necessarily true that there must be something wrong. That’s not the process.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/22/u...fast-club.html

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Bigdog (05-22-2020), Earl (05-22-2020), RB 60 (05-22-2020), TOP (05-22-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,634 Times in 10,060 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,101 Times in 1,013 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Kind of a big "wow" statement. Just taking a step back it's a (privileged) white man trying to define how black people must think, act or behave to be considered black. Do we say that to people of any other race?

It's one thing if Biden said me and my policies would be better for the black community. Nothing wrong with that. But to say you wouldn't be considered black goes way beyond that and cuts much deeper. That sh*t is crazy to me.

Biden Says Black Voters ‘Ain’t Black’ if They’re Considering Trump

The former vice president ignited controversy in a testy exchange in a radio interview with Charlamagne Tha God on “The Breakfast Club.”

Former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr., the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, outlined a slate of economic proposals Friday in a new television interview, but also ignited controversy by telling a radio host that black voters torn between voting for him and President Trump “ain’t black.”

In an interview with CNBC, Mr. Biden pledged Friday that he would repeal the tax cuts signed by the president in 2017 and raise the corporate tax rate, and that he would not raise taxes on anyone making less than $400,000, as he seeks to outline his plan for American economic recovery in the wake of the global coronavirus pandemic.

Mr. Biden gave some of his most detailed explanations of his economic policy. He rejected the idea that he would govern as an economic progressive, saying “I have a record of over 40 years, and I’m going to be Joe Biden. Look at my record.”

But it was his comments at the end of a testy exchange with Charlamagne Tha God, a host on “The Breakfast Club,” a nationally syndicated morning show popular with black millennials, that has dominated the conversation online. In the interview, during which the former vice president sidestepped a question about marijuana legalization and his running mate selection, Mr. Biden also made clear that he felt there was no reason black Americans would consider voting for Mr. Trump.

“If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump then you ain’t black,” Mr. Biden said.

The remark sparked immediate pushback on social media, with activists and conservatives jumping on Mr. Biden, 77, for acting as the arbiter of blackness. His words also exposed wounds among Democrats that date to 2016, when many leaders felt the party took black voters for granted.

Senator Tim Scott of South Carolina, the only black Republican in the U.S. Senate, released a statement on Twitter, reminding Mr. Biden that “1.3 million black Americans already voted for Trump in 2016.”

“This morning, Joe Biden told every single one of us we ‘ain’t black,’” Mr. Scott said. “I’d say I’m surprised, but it’s sadly par for the course for Democrats to take the black community for granted and brow beat those that don’t agree.”

Symone Sanders, a senior adviser for Mr. Biden, later tweeted that the comments were in jest.

In another part of the interview, Mr. Biden assured the radio host that he intended to inspire black voters in the general election. Using the appeal that worked for him in the Democratic primary, Mr. Biden said black voters knew him and his record, and would value his close kinship with former President Barack Obama.

On Friday morning, during the interview with CNBC, Mr. Biden said he would raise the corporate tax rate to 28 percent, more than its current rate of 21 percent but less than it was before Mr. Trump’s legislation, which lowered it from 35 percent. Mr. Biden also said he thought large corporations like Amazon should begin to pay their taxes, though he sidestepped a question on whether the large conglomerate should be broken up by the government.

“I think Amazon should start paying their taxes,” Mr. Biden said. “I don’t think any company, I don’t give a damn how big they are, Lord Almighty, should absolutely be in a position where they pay no tax.”

Would you like recommendations for more stories like this?

Yes
    He continued: “What’s the capitalist system all about? The capitalist system is about everyone dealing fairly and dealing straight up with the American people and with their employees.”

The details come as Mr. Biden continues his transition from apparent primary winner to general election nominee. He is seeking to unite the party around a forward looking agenda that promises economic change, while matching the historic economic challenges now posed by the effects of the coronavirus pandemic.

The latest jobs report showed millions more workers joined the ranks of the unemployed this week, bringing the total of jobless claims to nearly 39 million in just over two months. Mr. Biden has tried to pin the devastation on Mr. Trump’s administration, saying that it did not respond quickly enough to the looming pandemic threat.

“His slowness is costing lives and costing jobs and costing our ability to rebound,” Mr. Biden said Friday.

However, Mr. Biden’s comments were met with some criticism, as several progressive Democrats questioned whether his outlined corporate tax rate — and his pledge to only raise taxes on Americans making more than $400,000 — was a sign he could not deliver the programs capable of expansive change. Mr. Biden has, at times, oscillated between moderate policy proposals and embracing the rhetoric of systemic upheaval, a choose-your-own-adventure strategy which can allow progressive and moderate allies to see in his campaign what they want.

In separate media interviews this week, Mr. Biden addressed his ongoing search for a running mate and his agenda for black Americans, a key constituency in the Democratic electorate that helped save his primary campaign. Several of the candidates on Mr. Biden’s vice-presidential short list have publicly confirmed they have spoken with his team, including Representative Val Demings of Florida and Senator Maggie Hassan of New Hampshire.

After a news report said that Senator Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota had been contacted by his vice-presidential committee, Mr. Biden was asked about her on “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert.”

“No one has been vetted,” Mr. Biden said. “There is a team put together to go down a preliminary list of people, ask their interests, ask them general questions.”

Of Ms. Klobuchar, he said: “What you don’t want to do is let out all the names that you’re vetting because if someone is not chosen the presumption is not necessarily true that there must be something wrong. That’s not the process.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/22/u...fast-club.html
    Preach it white Dim! Tell those blacks who to vote for.

Joe Biden’s comment that “you ain’t black” if you don’t
    vote for Joe Biden is his way of saying “blacks must stay on the Democrat plantation”. Blacks are not allowed to think for themselves.
    Last edited by volsrock; 05-22-2020 at 11:23 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to volsrock For This Post:

Earl (05-22-2020)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

“Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    Joe Biden’s comment that “you ain’t black” if you don’t
    vote for Joe Biden is his way of saying “blacks must stay on the Democrat plantation”. Blacks are not allowed to think for themselves.
    You're the last person who should be talking

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I bet they ain't clean and articulate either, huh Joe?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to volsrock For This Post:

Earl (05-22-2020)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,666 Times in 16,592 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

Poor Joe.....
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/bide...ry?id=70834037
    The "basement effect" is taking it's toll

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Post:

Earl (05-22-2020)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,684 Times in 17,935 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Indeed, his handlers allowed Fingers Biden to say a few words and he exposed himself to be a racist who thinks Blacks can’t think for themselves.

He has messed in his mess gear.

Are you far left loons going to vote for a racist who denigrates Blacks and thinks they can’t think for themselves?

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

He's absolutely right. He has bonafides to pull it off. Yes, there were will be YOUNGER black men who won't buy it but not enough to switch a precinct nevertheless a state!
    WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same

13. The Following User Groans At Centerleftfl For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-22-2020)

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post
    He's absolutely right. He has bonafides to pull it off. Yes, there were will be YOUNGER black men who won't buy it but not enough to switch a precinct nevertheless a state!
    Wait, Joe Biden has the bonafides as a white person to pull off that statement? Please, I would LOVE to hear this explanation.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Earl (05-22-2020), TOP (05-22-2020)

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

17. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Post:

Earl (05-22-2020)

18. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post
    There were enough Black votes in 2016 to send a Hillary home to bake cookies and rid her home of old Bill’s bimbos.

There will be more this time.

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

TOP’s link:

“Wow,” Scott said in reaction.

“That is the most condescending, arrogant comment I’ve heard for a very long time. And that’s saying something,” the lawmaker told Fox Business host Stuart Varney, pointing out Biden’s history.“

20. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    TOP’s link:

“Wow,” Scott said in reaction.

“That is the most condescending, arrogant comment I’ve heard for a very long time. And that’s saying something,” the lawmaker told Fox Business host Stuart Varney, pointing out Biden’s history.“
    I know.... More: "If you think about the numbers, 1.3 million African-Americans voted for Trump. He’s saying to 1.3 million African-Americans that you’re not black?” Scott asked. “Who in the heck does he think he is? That is the most arrogant, outrageous comment that I’ve heard in a very long time and I take offense to that.” There will be Plenty more who are offended...He sounds completely crazy.....

21. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Post:

Earl (05-22-2020)

22. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Fingers Biden is his own worst enemy.

His handlers should tape his mouth shut and hide him under his desk in his basement until Nov.

Of course, President Trump may have something to say about that...a lot to say about that.

23. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Mr. Biden gave some of his most detailed explanations of his economic policy. He rejected the idea that he would govern as an economic progressive
    he would repeal the tax cuts signed by the president in 2017 and raise the corporate tax rate,
    Joe is soo confused