Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: "if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, you ain’t black"

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Default "if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, you ain’t black"

Former Vice President Joe Biden on Thursday emphatically defended his ties to the African American community — telling a popular black radio personality that he “ain’t black” if he was still weighing whether to support Biden or President Donald Trump in November’s general election.

The remarks from the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee came during an at-times contentious interview on “The Breakfast Club” that aired Friday morning, during which co-host Charlamagne tha God challenged Biden over his decadeslong record on racial issues and current contemplation of a black, female running mate.

“I’m not acknowledging anybody who is being considered, but I guarantee you, there are multiple black women being considered. Multiple,” Biden said of his search process for a vice presidential nominee.

It was then that an aide to the Biden campaign could be heard interjecting into the conversation, attempting to cut short the interview. “Thank you so much. That’s really our time. I apologize,” the aide said.

“You can't do that to black media!” Charlamagne retored.

“I do that to white media and black media because my wife has to go on at 6 o’clock,” Biden shot back, apparently referring to a subsequent media appearance by Jill Biden, before adding: “Uh oh. I’m in trouble.”

“Listen, you’ve got to come see us when you come to New York, VP Biden,” Charlamagne said. “It’s a long way until November. We've got more questions.”

“You’ve got more questions?” Biden replied. “Well, I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black.”

Charlamagne explained that “it don’t have nothing to do with Trump, it has to do with the fact [that] I want something for my community.” But Biden remained adamant in promoting what he described as a career of public service devoted to advancing civil rights.

“Take a look at my record, man! I extended the Voting Rights [Act] 25 years. I have a record that is second-to-none,” he said. “The NAACP’s endorsed me every time I’ve run. I mean, come on. Take a look at the record.”
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-pro...123910329.html

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Bigdog (05-22-2020), Darth Omar (05-22-2020), FreeSpeech (05-23-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    Former Vice President Joe Biden on Thursday emphatically defended his ties to the African American community — telling a popular black radio personality that he “ain’t black” if he was still weighing whether to support Biden or President Donald Trump in November’s general election.

The remarks from the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee came during an at-times contentious interview on “The Breakfast Club” that aired Friday morning, during which co-host Charlamagne tha God challenged Biden over his decadeslong record on racial issues and current contemplation of a black, female running mate.

“I’m not acknowledging anybody who is being considered, but I guarantee you, there are multiple black women being considered. Multiple,” Biden said of his search process for a vice presidential nominee.

It was then that an aide to the Biden campaign could be heard interjecting into the conversation, attempting to cut short the interview. “Thank you so much. That’s really our time. I apologize,” the aide said.

“You can't do that to black media!” Charlamagne retored.

“I do that to white media and black media because my wife has to go on at 6 o’clock,” Biden shot back, apparently referring to a subsequent media appearance by Jill Biden, before adding: “Uh oh. I’m in trouble.”

“Listen, you’ve got to come see us when you come to New York, VP Biden,” Charlamagne said. “It’s a long way until November. We've got more questions.”

“You’ve got more questions?” Biden replied. “Well, I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black.”

Charlamagne explained that “it don’t have nothing to do with Trump, it has to do with the fact [that] I want something for my community.” But Biden remained adamant in promoting what he described as a career of public service devoted to advancing civil rights.

“Take a look at my record, man! I extended the Voting Rights [Act] 25 years. I have a record that is second-to-none,” he said. “The NAACP’s endorsed me every time I’ve run. I mean, come on. Take a look at the record.”
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-pro...123910329.html
    He's not wrong.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

when pressed for his plans to help the black community Biden can only blame blacks for not being black enough
    for daring to question him

5. The Following User Groans At anatta For This Awful Post:

Nordberg (05-22-2020)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Bigdog (05-22-2020)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

meaning blacks must just for for a Dem

8. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Bigdog (05-22-2020)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Biden often says what he's thinking. Not the best thing to say, but it's amusing that a member of the Trump Cult wants to criticize a candidate for saying what's on his mind, even if it isn't politically correct. That's some pretty funny shit right there.

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,483 Times in 7,579 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Biden often says what he's thinking. Not the best thing to say, but it's amusing that a member of the Trump Cult wants to criticize a candidate for saying what's on his mind, even if it isn't politically correct. That's some pretty funny shit right there.
    Still looking forward to Trump - Biden debate. Should be interesting if not outright funny.
    No telling what either will say.

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

WTF are you yammering about?
    Are you saying Trump is not candid and says what's on his mind?

Biden is a testy bitch. he's squealed at voters and interviews when he has to make more then a 1 line comment .

12. The Following User Groans At anatta For This Awful Post:

Nordberg (05-22-2020)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Bigdog (05-22-2020)

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

WTF are you yammering about?
    Are you saying Trump is not candid and says what's on his mind?

Biden is a testy bitch. he's squealed at voters and interviews when he has to make more then a 1 line comment .
    Like I said, this is ironic coming from a member of the Trump Cult.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

Phantasmal (05-22-2020)

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Like I said, this is ironic coming from a member of the Trump Cult.
    as usual you say nothing, and then less when challenged

17. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Bigdog (05-22-2020)

18. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Still looking forward to Trump - Biden debate. Should be interesting if not outright funny.
    No telling what either will say.
    I'm not sure about the substance, but the style should make for must see TV.

19. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,187 Times in 13,935 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,051 Times in 2,846 Posts

when pressed for his plans to help the black community Biden can only blame blacks for not being black enough
    for daring to question him
    That is not true, you are fabricating, nothing like that came up in the entire interview

20. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,483 Times in 7,579 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'm not sure about the substance, but the style should make for must see TV.
    No substance. None.
    Should be a hoot.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

Concart (05-22-2020)

22. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

as usual you say nothing, and then less when challenged
    I wouldn't have attempted to debate one of Jim Jones followers about the merits of koolaid either. How's this. I couldn't care less what Biden says. I would vote for a ham sandwich over the idiot in the White House. I'm simply amused by YOU clutching your pearls over something a candidate had to say. Have you paid attention to your Dear Leader?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

Micawber (06-01-2020)

24. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    That is not true, you are fabricating, nothing like that came up in the entire interview
    my analysis.

the interviewer was clearly looking for more from Biden then just a kiss off of "if you ain't black"
    meaning he isn't black enough if he pressed Biden on particulars

25. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,187 Times in 13,935 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,051 Times in 2,846 Posts

meaning blacks must just for for a Dem
    He is not all wrong, and I would love to see Trump do an interview on the same show, they’d crucify him with direct and honest questions, which is why Trump’s interviews are strictly with Fox demagogues