Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: "if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, you ain’t black"

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    As well as every other Democrat candidate. Sadly though, they are generally right.
    But does it last forever?

It gets dismissed as anecdotal but I’m starting to see more and more blacks coming out as Trump supporters. When the anecdotes start to pile up it’s easy to wonder if it’s really anecdotal or whether it actually represents a movement of blacks away from the Democrat Party.

2020 is going to be interesting with the black vote, imo.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    The Democrats are for the Blacks much like the Republicans are for the rich. So yeah, if you're black but not rich and you're voting for Republicans, then you're pretty cucked.
    You realize practically all the Uber rich are Democrats, right?

Gates, Zuckerberg, Bezos. Oh, that Google is quite the bastion of Trump support lol.

You managed to get it exactly backwards.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    You realize practically all the Uber rich are Democrats, right?

Gates, Zuckerberg, Bezos. Oh, that Google is quite the bastion of Trump support lol.

You managed to get it exactly backwards.
    I'm going by their policies, not how much money they have. You can be rich and still not be for the rich.

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

It gets dismissed as anecdotal but I’m starting to see more and more blacks coming out as Trump supporters. When the anecdotes start to pile up it’s easy to wonder if it’s really anecdotal or whether it actually represents a movement of blacks away from the Democrat Party.

It definitely will be. Working minorities (which outnumber welfare cases by a very large margin) are realizing quickly Democrats do not do shit for them.

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

I'm no expert here and this is just my opinion but if I had to bet my daughter's college fund, at least as of today, Trump does not match the same percentage of the black vote as he did the first time around. I read the conversations on social media between my black friends and their acquaintances and it is nothing but vitriol for Trump (and Republicans). Now this isn't to say the black people I'm reading speak for all black people around the country. It's also possible some pro-Republican black people chose not to post in these discussions because they would be so outnumbered and know all the names they would be called and don't want to deal with it. But taken at face value Republicans and Trump are no closer to winning a higher percentage of the black vote than any time prior.

Now what I do see in some discussions are arguments over black loyalty to the Democratic Party. These folks aren't suggesting black voters look to the Republican Party but rather Democrats take them for granted and don't earn their vote along with not focusing enough on black issues. They could be ones who choose to stay home rather than vote for Biden.

And California isn't the rest of the country but here we aren't doing well with Hispanic or Asian voters either. This was sort of our trade off with Trump. Won over some working class whites but falling further behind with minority voters.

6. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I'm no expert here and this is just my opinion but if I had to bet my daughter's college fund, at least as of today, Trump does not match the same percentage of the black vote as he did the first time around. I read the conversations on social media between my black friends and their acquaintances and it is nothing but vitriol for Trump (and Republicans). Now this isn't to say the black people I'm reading speak for all black people around the country. It's also possible some pro-Republican black people chose not to post in these discussions because they would be so outnumbered and know all the names they would be called and don't want to deal with it. But taken at face value Republicans and Trump are no closer to winning a higher percentage of the black vote than any time prior.

Now what I do see in some discussions are arguments over black loyalty to the Democratic Party. These folks aren't suggesting black voters look to the Republican Party but rather Democrats take them for granted and don't earn their vote along with not focusing enough on black issues. They could be ones who choose to stay home rather than vote for Biden.

And California isn't the rest of the country but here we aren't doing well with Hispanic or Asian voters either. This was sort of our trade off with Trump. Won over some working class whites but falling further behind with minority voters.
    Instagram won’t let me copy/paste but you should see Candace Owens go off on Biden.

I don’t discount your experiences with your black friends on social media but I get the idea there is some movement in Trump’s direction amongst blacks.

The thing of it is, it doesn’t need to be much to swing an election.

7. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Instagram won’t let me copy/paste but you should see Candace Owens go off on Biden.

I don’t discount your experiences with your black friends on social media but I get the idea there is some movement in Trump’s direction amongst blacks.

I'm very familiar with Candace Owens and I follow her on Twitter. She has definitely been pushing #blexit.

But I take her with a grain of salt. It's red meat to her base of followers as she continues to say #blexit is growing, and while I very much hope it is true, she knows the audience she is playing too. She's presented as this conservative thinker but she's more pro-Maga and trolling libs than conservative thought. And while its great to see libs trolled that isn't principled conservatism.

It is quite possible I will be shown to be completely wrong, but I read a lot about her and I'm not fully sold.

8. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,241 Times in 6,872 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,850 Times in 1,713 Posts

I have heard the bolded in every election for at least 30 years.

I don't know why there is such a think as a "black vote" or a "white vote," but I do know this: that "black vote" is insanely secure in the column of Democrats.

9. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    Former Vice President Joe Biden on Thursday emphatically defended his ties to the African American community — telling a popular black radio personality that he “ain’t black” if he was still weighing whether to support Biden or President Donald Trump in November’s general election.

The remarks from the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee came during an at-times contentious interview on “The Breakfast Club” that aired Friday morning, during which co-host Charlamagne tha God challenged Biden over his decadeslong record on racial issues and current contemplation of a black, female running mate.

“I’m not acknowledging anybody who is being considered, but I guarantee you, there are multiple black women being considered. Multiple,” Biden said of his search process for a vice presidential nominee.

It was then that an aide to the Biden campaign could be heard interjecting into the conversation, attempting to cut short the interview. “Thank you so much. That’s really our time. I apologize,” the aide said.

“You can't do that to black media!” Charlamagne retored.

“I do that to white media and black media because my wife has to go on at 6 o’clock,” Biden shot back, apparently referring to a subsequent media appearance by Jill Biden, before adding: “Uh oh. I’m in trouble.”

“Listen, you’ve got to come see us when you come to New York, VP Biden,” Charlamagne said. “It’s a long way until November. We've got more questions.”

“You’ve got more questions?” Biden replied. “Well, I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black.”

Charlamagne explained that “it don’t have nothing to do with Trump, it has to do with the fact [that] I want something for my community.” But Biden remained adamant in promoting what he described as a career of public service devoted to advancing civil rights.

“Take a look at my record, man! I extended the Voting Rights [Act] 25 years. I have a record that is second-to-none,” he said. “The NAACP’s endorsed me every time I’ve run. I mean, come on. Take a look at the record.”
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-pro...123910329.html

10. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,340 Times in 8,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

You realize practically all the Uber rich are Democrats, right? Gates, Zuckerberg, Bezos. Oh, that Google is quite the bastion of Trump support lol.
    Well the self made rich that you list are heavily Democratic, there are plenty of inherited wealth rich who have done nothing to get their money that still support trump.

11. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

He did, but it was advice.

And say what you will about him, Bush did an excellent job of leading the country after the 9-11. Until he started following bad advice.
    So, for about a month.

12. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,109 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    I have heard the bolded in every election for at least 30 years.

I don't know why there is such a think as a "black vote" or a "white vote," but I do know this: that "black vote" is insanely secure in the column of Democrats.
    Things Change.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

13. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Things Change.
    Always. Things are always changing.

There will be a day when the GOP gets much more of the so-called "black vote." I even think there will be a day when we won't talk about a "black vote."

But, none of those things will change this year. If Trump is the guy to change that paradigm, I will eat my shoe.

14. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,109 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    Always. Things are always changing.

There will be a day when the GOP gets much more of the so-called "black vote." I even think there will be a day when we won't talk about a "black vote."

But, none of those things will change this year. If Trump is the guy to change that paradigm, I will eat my shoe.
    We are in a pandemic and a depression and the West is dying as The New Chinese Empire is coming to clean our clocks....

Timelines Change Too
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

15. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,732 Times in 4,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,291 Posts
    Blog Entries

Joe should NOT try to be "hip"....hence this latest flap.

Mind you, I personally agree with that attitude (if poorly expressed) that black folk who have aligned themselves with the likes of Reagan, Bush and now Dump have systematically voted against the best interest of the majority of black America....a matter of history, a matter of fact.

But you have a mish mosh of attitudes by all across the social board as to what and who can be said of and about the black experience in the public venue. This gives red meat to the idiotic right wingnut contention that if you point out systemic and/or congenital racism at work in the USA, you are in some convoluted fashion are the "racist". This is "logical" only to the likes of Fox News commentary and certain op-ed in Murdock media.

The march to November continues, and the band plays on.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell