Thread: Trump in deep shit

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cohort View Post
    (I actually believe in polls, I am a poll expert, unlike all you other hypocrites that will only pay attention to polls you like)

A new Fox News poll finds former Vice President Joe Biden leading President Trump by 8 points nationally, with the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee opening up wide leads among independents and older voters who broke for Trump in 2016.

The survey released Thursday finds Biden at 48 percent support and Trump at 40 percent, with 11 percent undecided or saying they’ll support someone else. Trump and Biden were knotted at 42 percent in the same survey last month.

Biden leads by 17 points among voters aged 65 and older and by 13 points among independents.

Exit polls found older voters going for Trump by 7 points in 2016. Trump also won independents by 4 points.

Some Democrats have worried about polling that shows Biden facing an enthusiasm gap, but the Fox news survey found that Biden leads 53 percent to 41 among voters who say they’re extremely motivated to vote in November.

Sixty-nine percent of Biden’s supporters described themselves as extremely motivated, compared to 61 percent of Trump’s supporters.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...nts-nationally

17 pts for 65+ just seems absolutely absurd to me. Trump has a lot of work to do vs. the criminal deep state.
    Biden is doing well among boomers, this is a boomer v boomer slapfight. I don't have a bone in this fight and I don't care, they're both garbage.

This horse race stuff is garbage and I don't trust the polls anymore myself. I don't think they're meaningless, but they will go where they will and they are prone to wild last minute swings that wipe out everything before. And maybe polling misses, even a polling loss of a few points can totally wipe out a lead. Just pointless. I will not be devoting any time this race to horse race bs, it's a masturbatory waste of time that neoliberals obsess over so that they can talk about politics without having to believe in anything or take a position on anything .

Neoliberals love data for the sake of data, data means they aren't responsible or accountable for anything, it's just data. It's a poisonous view that has a lot to do with what's wrong with our society. Discuss the issues, do not just masturbate over numbers and data to avoid accountability for your calls.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FUCK THE POLICE For This Post:

dukkha (05-23-2020)

3. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,241 Times in 6,872 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,850 Times in 1,713 Posts

If anything, it seems even more unlikely that Trump could win this time.

A lot of indies and even Dems who rolled the dice last time have buyer's remorse. They gave the "maverick outsider" a shot, and he's embarrassed them ever since.

Still, fool me once & all that. I'll never count Trump out until the votes are in.

4. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Fuck data

Fuck reason
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

5. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,109 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    I have never noticed the polls being wrong for a long time- even for a short time. And there is not a news source in the business lying about polls, as there is nothing to be gained from doing that.

The 2016 race was a very close election, but it still played out with the normal margins of errors for polls.

We get it, you don't like what is on the front page, so you want to kill the paperboy!

Childish behavior.
    You only get to speak for you is the first thing.

You have deep information sourcing problems is the second thing.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

6. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,446 Times in 52,462 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

(I actually believe in polls, I am a poll expert, unlike all you other hypocrites that will only pay attention to polls you like)

A new Fox News poll finds former Vice President Joe Biden leading President Trump by 8 points nationally, with the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee opening up wide leads among independents and older voters who broke for Trump in 2016.

The survey released Thursday finds Biden at 48 percent support and Trump at 40 percent, with 11 percent undecided or saying they’ll support someone else. Trump and Biden were knotted at 42 percent in the same survey last month.

Biden leads by 17 points among voters aged 65 and older and by 13 points among independents.

Exit polls found older voters going for Trump by 7 points in 2016. Trump also won independents by 4 points.

Some Democrats have worried about polling that shows Biden facing an enthusiasm gap, but the Fox news survey found that Biden leads 53 percent to 41 among voters who say they’re extremely motivated to vote in November.

Sixty-nine percent of Biden’s supporters described themselves as extremely motivated, compared to 61 percent of Trump’s supporters.

17 pts for 65+ just seems absolutely absurd to me. Trump has a lot of work to do vs. the criminal deep state.
    Biden with a solid lead over Trump would certainly cause Trump to freak out.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

7. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Cohort,

it's not up for debate. it's consistent polling that shows this, polling is a science. reals before feels
    It is what it is. The past cannot be changed.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    The pollsters poor quality work has discredited them. Most concerning is that no one seems to have a good bead on what has gone wrong.

Right: https://www.nationalaffairs.com/publ...e-with-polling

Left: https://newrepublic.com/article/1541...ndustry-crisis

You clearly have deep information sourcing problems.
    When a poll is released in your favor, do you just ignore it, or paste it all over these message boards? Do you understand the word hypocrisy?

9. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

Yeah, he's really really really really really really really really really really really really done now!

10. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    You are a fool if you don't think our economy will be hurting in November. We will continue to have double digit unemployment. Another stimulus bill is needed but of course republicans refuse. Then we have the problem with state budgets, all of which are underwater. Trump says he will not bail states out, so their only alternative will be to terminate 10's of thousands, or more of state employees. Hows that for boosting our economy back to where it was?
    Oh! Bloated state government gets a trim of the fat! Oh! Teh horrors!

11. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    Oh! Bloated state government gets a trim of the fat! Oh! Teh horrors!
    You desperately need the economy up and running on all cylinders by election time, but if states are putting 10's of thousands of people out of work, you lose.

12. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,109 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    When a poll is released in your favor, do you just ignore it, or paste it all over these message boards? Do you understand the word hypocrisy?
    Truth Teller Tribe members follow truth.

The End.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

13. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yeah, he's really really really really really really really really really really really really done now!

https://external-content.duckduckgo....p-pointing.jpg
    Probably not but it will be close. Unless he dies or is incapacitated. I think most Americans would easily vote for Pence over Biden.

14. The Following User Groans At Doc Dutch For This Awful Post:

Matt Dillon (05-23-2020)

15. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,832 Times in 17,264 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,597 Times in 4,275 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Probably not but it will be close. Unless he dies or is incapacitated. I think most Americans would easily vote for Pence over Biden.

I think not.

16. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post

Oh yeah, teh leftists would vote for Pence in a heartbeat, amirite?

You must be smoking the good drugs.

If leftists think Trump's bad? Give them some Pence and the howling will increase 5x.

17. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Oh yeah, teh leftists would vote for Pence in a heartbeat, amirite?

You must be smoking the good drugs.

If leftists think Trump's bad? Give them some Pence and the howling will increase 5x.
    Intelligent adults know only about 30% of the voting population are Democrats. Same for Republicans. About 40% are Independents. Base voters will vote for their team so it's up to each side to win over the Independents. The dumb asses think like you.

Like myself, most Independents think the Democrats have moved too far Left. That doesn't mean they like the Republicans, but they might vote Republican just to keep the Democrats off-balance.