Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any Memorial Day Weekend Plans?

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 41 Times in 39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    I knew you couldn't do it. Thanks for proving me correct.
    Those arrogant condescending Christiananality pedophilia super egos of thieving US Constitution - old glory - old testament - absentee voting ballots - Federal Record arsonists proving their national religion Memorial Day to one nation under God with equal justice under law is cognitive dissonance correct as a law of the land rite....

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,620 Times in 51,915 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saltydancin View Post
    Those arrogant condescending Christiananality pedophilia super egos of thieving US Constitution - old glory - old testament - absentee voting ballots - Federal Record arsonists proving their national religion Memorial Day to one nation under God with equal justice under law is cognitive dissonance correct as a law of the land rite....
    LOL
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

My wife and I had a quiet day at home. Steaks for dinner.
    We've gone through all of our usual recipes, gotten tired of them, and have begun to expand our options. Hunted for a home-made steak marinade recipe online. Found one, had most of the ingredients, substituted a few like items, came up with something unique, and it was absolutely scrumptious. We have not eaten out or even gotten take-out for months. We miss that, but love the savings. Those savings get taken to the grocery store. We are no longer trying to scrimp at the grocery store, buying pricier items we would not previously have been inclined to get. Wow. All kinds of new horizons in home prepared meals!
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (05-26-2020), domer76 (05-26-2020)

5. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Dutch Uncle,

We've gone through all of our usual recipes, gotten tired of them, and have begun to expand our options. Hunted for a home-made steak marinade recipe online. Found one, had most of the ingredients, substituted a few like items, came up with something unique, and it was absolutely scrumptious. We have not eaten out or even gotten take-out for months. We miss that, but love the savings. Those savings get taken to the grocery store. We are no longer trying to scrimp at the grocery store, buying pricier items we would not previously have been inclined to get. Wow. All kinds of new horizons in home prepared meals!
    I used to travel for a living so the last thing I want to do when returning home is to "go out" for anything. One reason my wife and I hit it off so well was she felt the same way. She worked a regular M-F, 8-4 job. I'd come home, invite her over for a home-cooked meal and a DVD movie. Once a month I'd take her out, but primarily ate at home. My cooking skills are decent, including "home-made marinades" and I liked to experiment. Even retired, I'm the dinner cook 99% of the time. I'll make my own breakfast because I get up earlier (this morning it was two eggs over easy, a piece of leftover steak and toast). She'll make lunch or we'll pick from the leftovers (I usually cook enough for 2-3 extra meals).

Agreed saving money by cooking at home allows buying more expensive or higher quality food. Usually most things are pretty cheap. It helps to have a large freezer in the garage.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

domer76 (05-26-2020), PoliTalker (05-26-2020)

7. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

I used to travel for a living so the last thing I want to do when returning home is to "go out" for anything. One reason my wife and I hit it off so well was she felt the same way. She worked a regular M-F, 8-4 job. I'd come home, invite her over for a home-cooked meal and a DVD movie. Once a month I'd take her out, but primarily ate at home. My cooking skills are decent, including "home-made marinades" and I liked to experiment. Even retired, I'm the dinner cook 99% of the time. I'll make my own breakfast because I get up earlier (this morning it was two eggs over easy, a piece of leftover steak and toast). She'll make lunch or we'll pick from the leftovers (I usually cook enough for 2-3 extra meals).

Agreed saving money by cooking at home allows buying more expensive or higher quality food. Usually most things are pretty cheap. It helps to have a large freezer in the garage.
    We have been eating better and healthier. More variety and better quality. I don't know if we will ever go back to eating out as much. We look forward to eating out again and socializing. I think the socialization is the bigger draw.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (05-26-2020)

9. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Dutch Uncle,

We have been eating better and healthier. More variety and better quality. I don't know if we will ever go back to eating out as much. We look forward to eating out again and socializing. I think the socialization is the bigger draw.
    I'm a homebody. I like my privacy so I don't miss it. My wife misses socialization a bit more, which I encourage her to exercise. She has friends to visit and is close with her three kids and grandkids.....three of the grandkids are coming over today and through the weekend (ages 3, 6 and 9). I'll be hiding in my hangar most of the day.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (05-26-2020)

11. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    It's just a great feeling to know that people celebrate others lives and the sacrifices they made for their country.

So here on Memorial Day I salute you Sir!

My Dad was stationed at Clark AFB just after the end of WWII when we took it back from the Japanese.

He had many tales to tell about his time in the service there.
    I’m sure he did. Filipinos are friendly and hospitable and their women are beautiful.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

12. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    It's just a great feeling to know that people celebrate others lives and the sacrifices they made for their country.
    So here on Memorial Day I salute you Sir!
    My Dad was stationed at Clark AFB just after the end of WWII when we took it back from the Japanese.
    He had many tales to tell about his time in the service there.
    When this Christian Nation national religion celebrates taking others lives in the name of a fabricated misnomer immaculate conception memorializing sacrifices of life so their super egos can feel beyond the pleasure principle great in the name of the US is a disservice.

13. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

LOL
    That's about the extent of those crooks LOL on Capital Hill malfeasance, where why would it even matter if the FEC was aware of stolen absentee voting ballots or the National Archives notified of more than 24 stolen US Constitutions that in all probability were burned or even if Capital Hill in the District of Columbia had proof....

14. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That's about the extent of those crooks LOL on Capital Hill malfeasance, where why would it even matter if the FEC was aware of stolen absentee voting ballots or the National Archives notified of more than 24 stolen US Constitutions that in all probability were burned or even if Capital Hill in the District of Columbia had proof....
    Sane, intelligent and educated people know that Absentee Ballots aren't even counted unless the total number of Absentee Ballots would make a difference in the election. Example: Candidate A beats Candidate B by 2% of the vote. That state's Absentee Ballot count is less than 1% so they aren't even counted since it woulnd't change the outcome.

Is Trump really shitting his pants over a count so close the Absentee Ballots would matter?

15. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Sane, intelligent and educated people know that Absentee Ballots aren't even counted unless the total number of Absentee Ballots would make a difference in the election. Example: Candidate A beats Candidate B by 2% of the vote. That state's Absentee Ballot count is less than 1% so they aren't even counted since it woulnd't change the outcome.

Is Trump really shitting his pants over a count so close the Absentee Ballots would matter?

So that's the rationale of reason to not even consider absentee ballots by also using force to nullify them while the Federal Election Commission makes it a memorial occasion....

16. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So that's the rationale of reason to not even consider absentee ballots by also using force to nullify them while the Federal Election Commission makes it a memorial occasion....
    I used an absentee ballot for 20 years in the military as do It's not a big deal. I fail to see why you or anyone else is shitting their pants over it.

Worse, I think many on the right aren't fully considering exactly what they are asking. Only about 18% of voters use absentee ballots, most of them military or military families. Same goes for our Federal intelligence personnel assigned out of their home states on election day. Also consider that more Red States have military members percentagewise than Blue States. That percentage matters because of the Electoral College which is why "total population" which the Democrats love to whine about. Cutting out Absentee Ballots or making them more difficult to use may turn a Purple State Blue because of screwing the military voters.

17. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I used an absentee ballot for 20 years in the military as do It's not a big deal. I fail to see why you or anyone else is shitting their pants over it.

Worse, I think many on the right aren't fully considering exactly what they are asking. Only about 18% of voters use absentee ballots, most of them military or military families. Same goes for our Federal intelligence personnel assigned out of their home states on election day. Also consider that more Red States have military members percentagewise than Blue States. That percentage matters because of the Electoral College which is why "total population" which the Democrats love to whine about. Cutting out Absentee Ballots or making them more difficult to use may turn a Purple State Blue because of screwing the military voters.
    So it's of no consequence that for those 20 years the disposal of absentee voting ballots since being no problem in American politics voting business as usual just as it's been of no consequence to SCOTUS nor to those crooks on Capital Hill the national religion has been disposing of US Constitutions - old glorys & old testaments as the law of the land for over 60 years...

18. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So it's of no consequence that for those 20 years the disposal of absentee voting ballots since being no problem in American politics voting business as usual just as it's been of no consequence to SCOTUS nor to those crooks on Capital Hill the national religion has been disposing of US Constitutions - old glorys & old testaments as the law of the land for over 60 years...
    annnnd there you go again sounding like you missed "Happy Pill" time at your "facility".

People have been writing off the United States of America ever since we broke with King George and his Redcoats. If our nation could speak, I think it would sound a lot like Mark Twain's "The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated."

19. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

annnnd there you go again sounding like you missed "Happy Pill" time at your "facility".

People have been writing off the United States of America ever since we broke with King George and his Redcoats. If our nation could speak, I think it would sound a lot like Mark Twain's "The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated."
    That's one way to sweep the dirt under the rug to keep that national religion cross conditioned way beyond therapy pleasure principle...