Thread: Social Distancing 1 Week Earlier Would Have Saved 36,000 Americans

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,680 Times in 27,325 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Social Distancing 1 Week Earlier Would Have Saved 36,000 Americans:

"The U.S. could have avoided nearly 36,000 deaths caused by the coronavirus through early May if stay-at-home orders and other social-distancing restrictions were implemented just one week earlier, a new study from Columbia University researchers shows.

The study, which focused on transmission in metropolitan areas, found that social-distancing measures adopted throughout the nation after March 15 "effectively reduced rates of COVID-19 transmission."

The researchers estimated that had the measures been instituted just one week earlier that the U.S. may have avoided more than 700,000 confirmed cases of the virus and as many as 35,927 deaths that it caused.

The researchers also estimated that if lockdown measures were instituted as early as March 1, approximately 54,000 fewer people would have died by May 3."

The Hill

Just like John Oliver SAID!

" Just losing days in a pandemic which can spread exponentially is a huge problem, but an entire month is absolutely CATASTROPHIC. "
    Prior to March 15, virtually every rightwinger on this forum, and their Orange God said COVID was a Democratic hoax, and it was really no worse than the common cold.

All those extra deaths were inevitable; they were already baked into the cake - Republicans prior to March 15 were never going to aggressivly and decisively plan and prepare for this pandemic.

2. The Following User Groans At Cypress For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-30-2020)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

PoliTalker (05-25-2020)

4. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Centerleftfl,

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post
    Old people would have died anyway? Who cares, they're a drain on society? So they shouldn't be added into the possible 'excess deaths'? What are YOU saying.
    A callous dismissal of needless deaths is very common among HIS supporters.

Anything but face up to the truth.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-30-2020)

6. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 93 Times in 82 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Prior to March 15, virtually every rightwinger on this forum, and their Orange God said COVID was a Democratic hoax, and it was really no worse than the common cold.

All those extra deaths were inevitable; they were already baked into the cake - Republicans prior to March 15 were never going to aggressivly and decisively plan and prepare for this pandemic.
    You're a lying little faggot Trump never called it a hoax he said the Democrat and media politicization of the virus is a hoax and you're living proof of that.

7. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,680 Times in 27,325 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FreeSpeech View Post
    You're a lying little faggot Trump never called it a hoax he said the Democrat and media politicization of the virus is a hoax and you're living proof of that.
    The word hoax is not a synonym for the word politicization.

Does 100,000 dead people seem like a hoax?

So your excuse does not even make grammatical sense.

You are simply parroting what your intellectual superiors on Fox told you to think.

8. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Cypress,

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post

Great point. Nice catch.

Oh, how the story changes to fit the narrative.

Out with the old narrative, in with the new.

Even if they are completely opposite!

Mexico paying for the wall? YOU paying for the wall.

WHO & CDC doing a great job? WHO & CDC is to blame.

It's a challenge to keep up.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,262 Times in 7,145 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

That was not advised on January 4th, the WHO didn't even verify human to human transmission until January 21st you lying pos. On January 31st Trump implemented travel restrictions and mandatory quarantines for travel from Wuhan much sooner than most nations.
    You flapping your little wet hen wings is hilarious!

Not only that, but your facts are wrong on all counts. Donald Trump only restricted Chinese nationals from de-boarding incoming flights from China- when everyone aboard those incoming flights from China should have been placed under quarantine and tested and tracked before being allowed to infect the country with the virus.

DING-DING! HOW THE FUCK DO YOU THINK OUR COUNTRY GOT INVADED WITH THE DISEASE? THE WIND?

You are so stupid- so ignorant, that even a golf club upside the head wouldn't help you!

10. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Americans don't like to listen to sense until there is some kind of obvious reason.

Many people can think of dangerous intersections, but what is done to fix that until somebody dies there?

Usually - nothing.

11. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,331 Times in 8,491 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

We are going to lose about as many people as we did in the Civil War, so was the Civil War only a hoax? By the way, when I say "we" I mean the United States of America. I know many in the Alt Right are confused by that concept.

12. The Following User Groans At Walt For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-30-2020)

13. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Walt,

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    We are going to lose about as many people as we did in the Civil War, so was the Civil War only a hoax? By the way, when I say "we" I mean the United States of America. I know many in the Alt Right are confused by that concept.
    WE will get through this TOGETHER.

The more humans who work together to beat the bug, the sooner we will do it.

It's the humans against the virus.

This is war.

We don't need any traitors working for the enemy.

Social distancing measures WORK.

It's the patriotic thing to do if you love your country.

14. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,245 Times in 2,336 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Social distancing a week earlier would have saved 36,000 lives? How many lives would have been saved if we hadn't been told for a MONTH that masks were useless?
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Callinectes For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (06-07-2020)

16. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,331 Times in 8,491 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes View Post
    Social distancing a week earlier would have saved 36,000 lives? How many lives would have been saved if we hadn't been told for a MONTH that masks were useless?
    We were never told that masks were useless. We did not have enough masks for everyone, and so they were needed by healthcare workers.

17. The Following User Groans At Walt For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-30-2020)

18. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,245 Times in 2,336 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    We were never told that masks were useless. We did not have enough masks for everyone, and so they were needed by healthcare workers.

This is Fauchi in March(stolen from Grajonca). Look, this is a brand new animal. It REALLY shouldn't have been politicized, and am I the only one who expected a bunch of conflicting information? So I'll keep on wearing a rag on my face until Fauchi or some other egghead says I need level 4 MOPP gear, or it's time to evacuate the planet.
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Callinectes For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (06-07-2020)

20. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,126 Times in 11,698 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Social Distancing 1 Week Earlier Would Have Saved 36,000 Americans:

"The U.S. could have avoided nearly 36,000 deaths caused by the coronavirus through early May if stay-at-home orders and other social-distancing restrictions were implemented just one week earlier, a new study from Columbia University researchers shows.

The study, which focused on transmission in metropolitan areas, found that social-distancing measures adopted throughout the nation after March 15 "effectively reduced rates of COVID-19 transmission."

The researchers estimated that had the measures been instituted just one week earlier that the U.S. may have avoided more than 700,000 confirmed cases of the virus and as many as 35,927 deaths that it caused.

The researchers also estimated that if lockdown measures were instituted as early as March 1, approximately 54,000 fewer people would have died by May 3."

The Hill

Just like John Oliver SAID!

" Just losing days in a pandemic which can spread exponentially is a huge problem, but an entire month is absolutely CATASTROPHIC. "
    Quoting random numbers and 'what ifs' is not a study. It is doing what Democrats do best: lie like hell and quote some fictional 'study' as science. Science is not a study or a research.

21. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Early testing would have saved even more lives.

But that was impossible since we had early denial by DT, who pretended the emerging pandemic was not a problem.

22. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-30-2020)

23. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,669 Times in 17,927 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Indeed.