Thread: We Have So Much To Be Thankful To China For

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default We Have So Much To Be Thankful To China For

This whole 'hate China' thing is a sadly recurring and wrongfully misplaced theme among conservative thinkers.

And to think that a lot of these China haters are also gun nuts raises an extreme hypocrisy.

We have to wonder if they even know who invented gunpowder.

If European invaders had not acquired gunpowder technology from China, their conquest of America would almost certainly have gone very differently. There might not even be a USA if it were not for that Chinese invention.

It is reminiscent of the absurd hatred of France to the point of trying to change French Fries into Freedom Fries, all the while forgetting that without France, the USA would never have gained independence.

The USA has benefited so very greatly from Chinese wisdom, tech and cheap manufacturing over the centuries...

And then there is our great economy. (at least up until a little while ago) The US economy would be NOTHING without China. Our economies are so interlinked and intertwined it would be devastating to both if we tried to separate them and go all isolationist.

We need to maintain a good relationship with China.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-04-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    This whole 'hate China' thing is a sadly recurring and wrongfully misplaced theme among conservative thinkers.

And to think that a lot of these China haters are also gun nuts raises an extreme hypocrisy.

If European invaders had not acquired gunpowder technology from China, their conquest of America would almost certainly have gone very differently. There might not even be a USA if it were not for that Chinese invention.

It is reminiscent of the absurd hatred of France to the point of trying to change French Fries into Freedom Fries, all the while forgetting that without France, the USA would never have gained independence.

The USA has benefited so very greatly from Chinese wisdom, tech and cheap manufacturing over the centuries...

And then there is our great economy. (at least up until a little while ago) The US economy would be NOTHING without China. Our economies are so interlinked and intertwined it would be devastating to both if we tried to separate them and go all isolationist.

Denial by any franchised reality pretending now isn't eternity to manage outcomes for all incming replacements is still denying real regardless the so called greater good intentions promised better life for all paying to play by someone else's rules that collect a royalty from people reciting the mantra.
    Every brain born has a lifetime conflict with ancestral displacement and intellectual social position within the population present. Why, life is a compounding connection between inception, conception, death, extinction life doesn't exceed what exists now.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Corporate America is looking for 'better' Asian countries to disperse their Factories to. Indonesia, Viet Nam, India, Singapore.
    Probably a better way to pit one poor country against the next poor country to get the best concessions.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

PoliTalker (05-03-2020)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Jack,

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Corporate America is looking for 'better' Asian countries to disperse their Factories to. Indonesia, Viet Nam, India, Singapore.
    Probably a better way to pit one poor country against the next poor country to get the best concessions.
    That's what capitalism does.

It looks for an area ripe for exploitation, and then it exploits it.

And when the prime exploitation potential has been exhausted, capitalism moves on.

Hence, Detroit tax base depletion and financial troubles of maintaining an infrastructure built for a certain amount of manufacturing, and then seeing that manufacturing pull out.

Kind of a 'poop and leave it' approach.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Welch, when he was leading GE., said I wish I could put all our manufacturing plants on huge barges and tow them to wherever we can get the best deal. People do not understand , America and its people are not a consideration in large corporations.We are just a market.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gonzomin For This Post:

Gamewell45 (05-03-2020), Jack (05-03-2020), PoliTalker (05-03-2020)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 1,063 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 180 Posts

China is terrible.

Muslims in camps.

Killing dissidents & harvesting the organs.

Occupation & oppression of Tibet.

Anti-Christian abuses.

Spying on citizens.

The South-Sea grab.

Lying about Covid-19.

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Jack,

That's what capitalism does.

It looks for an area ripe for exploitation, and then it exploits it.

And when the prime exploitation potential has been exhausted, capitalism moves on.

Hence, Detroit tax base depletion and financial troubles of maintaining an infrastructure built for a certain amount of manufacturing, and then seeing that manufacturing pull out.

Kind of a 'poop and leave it' approach.
    Yes. It's surprising that some people don't understand 'Who Benefits' when the Capitalist comes to Town.

We have a MayDay to celebrate the 'Worker', why can't we have a Day for the Shareholders? You know, where we all Rejoice and Celebrate the Shareholding Class?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

PoliTalker (05-03-2020)

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Fuck China, and fuck you. Police state piece of shit. China is a human rights nightmare you dumb motherfucker.
    Every life matters

13. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

Truth Detector (05-04-2020)

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    Welch, when he was leading GE., said I wish I could put all our manufacturing plants on huge barges and tow them to wherever we can get the best deal. People do not understand , America and its people are not a consideration in large corporations.We are just a market.
    Ding! Ding! Ding! I think we have a Winner.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

PoliTalker (05-03-2020)

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 1,063 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 180 Posts

We had a lot to be thankful for because of Serbia, didn't stop us from bombing them.

Nikola Tesla & Pupin were wonderful productive Serbian Americans.

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Blog Entries

Is there a Corporate America left? Everything is Global economic trade agreements.
    Every brain born has a lifetime conflict with ancestral displacement and intellectual social position within the population present. Why, life is a compounding connection between inception, conception, death, extinction life doesn't exceed what exists now.

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Jack,

Yes. It's surprising that some people don't understand 'Who Benefits' when the Capitalist comes to Town.

We have a MayDay to celebrate the 'Worker', why can't we have a Day for the Shareholders? You know, where we all Rejoice and Celebrate the Shareholding Class?
    Good one!

Maybe investors and shareholders don't want any attention to their 'plight.'

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Gonzomin,

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    Nailed it.

Their concerns are plain to see.

And they do not lie with the environment, workers or consumers.

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello WitoldPilecki,

Quote Originally Posted by WitoldPilecki View Post
    We had a lot to be thankful for because of Serbia, didn't stop us from bombing them.

Nikola Tesla & Pupin were wonderful productive Serbian Americans.
    Tesla couldn't care less for capitalism or wealth. He was simply fascinated by invention. He brought his AC power idea to Edison, but Edison rejected it because he was already too busy making money with DC power to admit AC was the way to go.

Tesla then approached Westinghouse, who gladly financed the idea and made millions. And Westinghouse also sort of ripped off Tesla by backing out on their first deal, which would have made Tesla a billionaire. That's why Westinghouse is now a huge corporation, and Tesla is a company from which Tesla himself received no money at all, not a single dollar.

More exploitation, thanks to capitalism.

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,320 Times in 9,828 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

fuck you and fuck china.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackwater Lunchbreak For This Post:

Truth Detector (05-04-2020)