Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Wikipedia founder says it is now extremely biased towards the left.

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,191 Times in 25,724 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    It's the old "We need Fascism to stop their Fascism" argument.
    Good insight lol.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,249 Times in 13,970 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    Wiki used to be great but then libs took over and they always ruin everything with their policies of hate america, hate whites, and hate men.
    What the f*ck is the “District Hearld?”

Looks and reads like some guy in his mother’s basement cranking out fabrications as fast as he can type

Next

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,266 Times in 7,148 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

What's next? The Constitution is Left-leaning written by a bunch of liberals wearing wigs?

The Bible is left-leaning because Jesus was a liberal?

Aesops Fables is left-wing?

American History is just Left-wing rubbish?

Science is just a left-wing bunch of malarky?

Confusious sayings are left-wing?

The Truth is too liberal for you these days?

Reality is just a a liberal thang now huh?

Do you Trumptards really know how goofy you sound?

What it is, is you idiots don't like the headlines- SO YOU WANT TO ASSASSINATE THE PAPER BOY!

4. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    What's next? The Constitution is Left-leaning written by a bunch of liberals wearing wigs?

The Bible is left-leaning because Jesus was a liberal?

Aesops Fables is left-wing?

Confusious sayings are left-wing?

The Truth is too liberal for you these days?

Reality is just a a liberal thang now huh?

What it is, is you idiots don't like the headlines- SO YOU WANT TO ASSASSINATE THE PAPER BOY!
    Conservatives do this with education too. They claim universities have a left-wing bias, but it just seems that way because Conservatives refuse to accept objective facts such as homosexuality being natural, there being more than two genders, climate change being man-made, and evolution being a thing.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to StoneByStone For This Post:

Geeko Sportivo (05-22-2020)

6. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,265 Times in 3,123 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 266 Times in 254 Posts

The left has to control every aspect of media and govt. When people start to think for themselves, they lose control of the masses.
    Keep changing the names. It doesn't change the meaning.

Abortion
    Pro-Choice
    Women's rights
    Women's Health

7. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,370 Times in 8,522 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,704 Times in 2,509 Posts

It's funny how Conservatives wish that all Muslims were as homophobic as they are.
    Here is a reality about Muslims. They are probably very homophobic within their own family/community, but they really do not care what the rest of the world does. They will sell you a beer, even though it is a sin in their religion to drink a beer. They would be upset by a family member drinking a beer, but could care less if I drink a beer.

Muslims are part of a minority, and have no wish to rock the boat. They will put a giant cross, a giant Star of David, or a giant gay rainbow on a cake. They probably won't put Mohammad in a cake, but that is another issue. As long as they can consider others the sinners, they do not care.

Meanwhile, white Christians want to impose their beliefs on everyone. They are also the most likely group to murder me. Blacks mostly killed by blacks, whites mostly killed by whites, Christians mostly killed by Christians.... BUT for some reason Jews are mostly killed by white Christian males... I wonder why that is?

8. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Here is a reality about Muslims. They are probably very homophobic within their own family/community, but they really do not care what the rest of the world does. They will sell you a beer, even though it is a sin in their religion to drink a beer. They would be upset by a family member drinking a beer, but could care less if I drink a beer.

Muslims are part of a minority, and have no wish to rock the boat. They will put a giant cross, a giant Star of David, or a giant gay rainbow on a cake. They probably won't put Mohammad in a cake, but that is another issue. As long as they can consider others the sinners, they do not care.

Meanwhile, white Christians want to impose their beliefs on everyone. They are also the most likely group to murder me. Blacks mostly killed by blacks, whites mostly killed by whites, Christians mostly killed by Christians.... BUT for some reason Jews are mostly killed by white Christian males... I wonder why that is?
    That could be true, but if this was just about not wanting to rock the boat, isn't it more likely that Muslims would be openly homophobic to suck up to the Christian Right? They could point out how similar Islam and Christianity are by saying both believe in traditional values. They could even throw in how Muslims honor Jesus while the Jews believe he's in Hell.

9. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    The left has to control every aspect of media and govt. When people start to think for themselves, they lose control of the masses.
    Did Fox tell you that?

10. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Did Fox tell you that?
    A brown Fox or a red fox?

Abortion
    Pro-Choice
    Women's rights
    Women's Health

11. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

A brown Fox or a red fox?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to StoneByStone For This Post:

Irish (05-22-2020)

13. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    It's projection. They're always looking for an excuse to bash Muslims.

If all Muslims were Sufis then nobody would want to 'bash Muslims', sadly the Salifis have the upper hand. I have yet to see you or indeed many on the Left acknowledge that fact, seemingly preferring to lump them all together. This, to my mind, is one of the very worst aspects of identity politics. I suggest that you read this extremely informative post on Quora written by a Muslim woman.

For centuries many of the world's Muslims were, in one way or another, practitioners of Sufism, Sufism is the most pluralistic incarnation of Islam—accessible to the learned and the ignorant, the faithful and nonbelievers. Sufism's ethos was egalitarian, charitable and friendly, often propagated by wandering seers and storytellers. It blended with local cultures and cemented Islam's place from North Africa to the Indian subcontinent. South Asian Islam, from its inception, was a benign form of the faith, a world away from the dry commodity prevalent on the Arabian Peninsula.

IN South Asia – until recently – Sufism was the norm, not a fringe movement. Sufism has flourished in the subcontinent since its arrival centuries ago in the wake of Turkish armies.

Islam came to this part of the world through Sufism, It was Sufi dervishes who came and spread the religious message of love and harmony and beauty, there were no swords, it was very different from the sharp edged Wahhabi Islam. Sufism was the way whole populations expressed their Muslim identity, in music and dance and poetry.

Sufism stresses a believer’s personal relationship with God and de-emphasizes the importance of the mosque and dry rituals which prize imitation over faith.

It refrains from exalting violence and war and praises such virtues as tolerance, devotion and love.

Its practice relies extensively on dance, music and poetry.

It does not judge but accepts differences among humans.

Some of Sufism's most esteemed poets and scholars were women. Sufi saints wrote their poetry in female gender. In Sufi inspired philosophy, a woman as a mother is closer to Allah ( the creator) than most men.

Wahhabism: The puritanical death cult

Wahhabism ( the ideological root of ISIS and Radial Islam) is a tribal and Jacobin inspired interpretation of Islam rooted in the desert sands of Saudi Arabia. Until the 20th century-- Wahabism was regarded as heretical by most mainstream Muslims and the Ottoman empire even launched a war to curb its spread.

The Wahhabis are rewriting the Islamic history and practices, they prohibit other Muslims from praying the way they want to in Mecca and Medina. In these two cities, they have destroyed numerous monuments associated with the Prophet, his family and his companions, as if they are the owners of these places. They want to destroy the whole 1400 year-old Muslim tradition itself and replace it with their black desert inspired hate. The whole trajectory of Wahhabism is rooted in hatred and violence. The alliance between the mullahs of the Wahhabi Al-e Shaikh and the rulers of Saudi Arabia, the Al-e Saud, is like the oppressive nexus between the Christian Church and the monarchy in medieval Europe. It is proving to be a curse for Muslims.

Wahabi’s say that only they are Allah's chosen ones that only they are walking along the true path and everyone else is their enemy especially unveiled women. They seek to divide us according to our faith; shias are heretics and so are all minorities in fact anyone who is not a Wahabi is fit to be killed or abducted ( if she is a woman) . And this happens in every place that Islamism wins over. They divide us according to sect, which subsequently leads to civil war ( this was what happened in Syria, Iraq, Libya and is happening in Pakistan)

The reasons behind ascent of Wahhabism are political rather than organic—Saudi petro dollars are shoving its dry and deadly hated-filled ideology to lost souls across the world. Its preeminence is not due to the effectiveness of the message but its sheer volume and presence in every Muslim mosque.

In my post 9/11 undergrad days in US, I witnessed many rational modern educated men converting to Wahhabism and becoming misogynistic drones -----I was fascinated by why, even seemingly cosmopolitan Muslims can be attracted to such a backward and regressive ideology. What I have discovered is that: unlike Sufism or more nuanced schools of thought within Islam ---Wahhabism is built on a Manichean approach to faith, people are either good or bad, righteous or Kafir---there is no gray room in Wahhabi mansion (which makes sense because it was primarily designed to be a utilitarian war ideology for Arab tribes to defeat Turk armies….Damn you TE Lawrence ) All rooms are labelled black and white and death ( pursuit of martyrdom) is exalted over life. Rather than teaching its adherents, how to live meaningful lives; it asks them to die (and attain 72 virgins). There is a nihilist appeal to it for suicidal men.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-di...9e75&srid=aclK
    Last edited by cancel2 2022; 05-23-2020 at 06:16 AM.

14. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,370 Times in 8,522 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,704 Times in 2,509 Posts

Actually, the more people think, the more they want to get educated, and the more they turn to the media. It is a virtuous loop to the media companies.

15. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Actually, the more people think, the more they want to get educated, and the more they turn to the media. It is a virtuous loop to the media companies.
    But if you're educated, then why would you turn to the media? Makes no sense.

Abortion
    Pro-Choice
    Women's rights
    Women's Health

16. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,191 Times in 25,724 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grajonca View Post
    If all Muslims were Sufis then nobody would want to 'bash Muslims', sadly the Salifis have the upper hand. I have yet to see you or indeed many on the Left acknowledge that fact, seemingly preferring to lump them all together. This, to my mind, is one of the very worst aspects of identity politics. I suggest that you read this extremely informative post on Quora written by a Muslim woman.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-di...9e75&srid=aclK
    As you know I've been reading about Islam since our Netscape days and one of the books I own is The Wahhabi Myth: Dispelling Prevalent Fallacies and the Fictitious Link with Bin Laden. It is heavily footnoted and the author has some good arguments to make his case. Personally I think there are facts on both sides of the argument and it's not all or nothing. You know average Muslim bashers don't differentiate between sects, they use sweeping generalization and cherry-picking to determine that all Muslims are bad.

I've read a lot from people like Sofi Ahmed and she is, to my mind, no different from people defending their brand of Christianity from others. Her article is one viewpoint only.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

17. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Cypress (05-23-2020)

18. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    As you know I've been reading about Islam since our Netscape days and one of the books I own is The Wahhabi Myth: Dispelling Prevalent Fallacies and the Fictitious Link with Bin Laden. It is heavily footnoted and the author has some good arguments to make his case. Personally I think there are facts on both sides of the argument and it's not all or nothing. You know average Muslim bashers don't differentiate between sects, they use sweeping generalization and cherry-picking to determine that all Muslims are bad.

I've read a lot from people like Sofi Ahmed and she is, to my mind, no different from people defending their brand of Christianity from others. Her article is one viewpoint only.
    It's a viewpoint held by many, Salifism is a truly pernicious doctrine whose philosophy drives pretty much all Islamic terrorism. Sufi-founded movements have on occasion engaged in terrorist actions , witness the Chechens. But in the vast majority of cases, such militancy has been essentially defensive, resisting brutal colonial occupations. I am sure that you don't need to be told that Sufis are actively targeted by Salifists in places like Pakistan and Egypt for their beliefs.

https://religionnews.com/2017/11/25/...s-threatening/