Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Have You Got To Lose? Your Life. That's What.

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,865 Times in 7,323 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 785 Times in 732 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello I<3Big Anime Tiddies,

That's not going to happen for millions of years. None of us will live that long. In the meantime, we have plenty of time to have fabulous lives coexisting.
    See what I mean about not living in reality? Enjoy your 'golden years' watching your children and grandchildren waste away and suffer under conditions you couldn't fathom, blissfully ignoring that you are the sole cause of their suffering.
    WATERMARK, GREATEST OF THE TRINITY, ON CHIK-FIL-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.
    www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I<3Big Anime Tiddies View Post
    Spare me your pathetic Boomer drivel, you do not live in reality and never have. You and your entire generation have doomed humanity to another dark age.
    I take responsibility for what I've done and I am not proud of what my generation has done to the planet. I do not understand my conservative brethren. When I was born everything was pretty much made of wood, glass or metal. There wasn't all this disposable this and disposable that. Coke bottles were saved and you got your deposit back when they were turned in. I did pop bottle drives as a Boy Scout. I have watched as during my life the world and the oceans have become polluted with plastic. I am not good with that. I have fought for what is right my whole life. I know it is a bigger battle than I can fix on my own but I have never given up and never will. I know that some problems take more than a lifetime to address. I am happy to do my part for the good. I only hope that the next generations share that responsibility. I can only do my part. Actually, I feel like I have done more than my part. I have picked up other people's trash and constantly advocated for what is right. That's why I am a liberal.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Yes, politicians are ultimately held accountable at the ballot box. That's how we voice our approval/disapproval with a person's performance.
    I don't expect you to get this. You're a Republican. DT's defenders purposely look the other way, accept his lying, do NOT hold him accountable. That's how we got into our current mess. He made the COVID-19 crisis worse than it had to be!

I don't expect you to be able to see that.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

See what I mean about not living in reality? Enjoy your 'golden years' watching your children and grandchildren waste away and suffer under conditions you couldn't fathom, blissfully ignoring that you are the sole cause of their suffering.
    Yeah, BS.

I hope you find some happiness. You need it.

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yeah, BS.

I hope you find some happiness. You need it.
    There is no happiness left for me. The Sun shall not rise so long as I still draw breath.
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Even if you voted for someone, you have to hold that person accountable for their word from the campaign.

If you don't, then you have no Democracy.

But, of course, we know that Republicans do not believe in Democracy.

They want aristocracy.

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There is no happiness left for me. The Sun shall not rise so long as I still draw breath.
    If Shackleton heard one if his men talk like that he would find a way to inspire that man. He was a great leader. Too bad we don't have someone like that in the WH.

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If Shackleton heard one if his men talk like that he would find a way to inspire that man. He was a great leader. Too bad we don't have someone like that in the WH.
    Again, spare my your delusions you petulant Boomer.

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Again, spare my your delusions you petulant Boomer.
    OK, I get it. You get to hang on to that teen age indignation and lash out at your elders in this way. Did you know that as long as an individual self-medicates to escape dealing with their issues, that for the entire number of years they depend on drug abuse, that the maturation process is pretty much frozen? Virtually no wisdom or advance in maturity is realized during the entire time. So that means however mature an individual is when they begin the self-medication, they don't really advance in maturity much at all during that time, even as their peers do. If they begin this as a teenager, and do this until their mid-thirties, for instance, they are for all essential purposes, still a teenager inside the body of a much older person. Other people have been advancing, but they are still locked into the mindset of a teenager. Such an individual would find it hard to maintain long term relationships with peers who do not do this. Those people would no longer identify with the same kinds of things, would drift away, get into other things, no longer wish to associate with the self-medicated individual.

The Allman Brothers did a song about that. It's called No One To Run With Anymore. Great song:

But the good news is that if and when that individual manages to free themselves of dependence on self-medication, the maturation process resumes, and they begin to accrue wisdom again.

10. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Blah blah blah, a bunch of stupid boomer shit
    I ain't reading all that.

11. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I ain't reading all that.
    What have you got to lose?

That's what Narcissist Leader asked.

We have our answer.

12. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What have you got to lose?

That's what Narcissist Leader asked.

We have our answer.
    I've lost everything already, so eat a dick.

13. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 8 Times in 8 Posts

What have you got to lose? Black were being used by demonrats and trump gave them an alternative. They and all races benefitted in his first 3 years tremendously.

If you are talking about trump taking hydroxychloroquine. The drug is 100 percent safe so as he said what have you got to lose?

14. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,331 Times in 8,491 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daddyo View Post
    The drug is 100 percent safe so as he said what have you got to lose?
    For a drug to be effective, it has to also be dangerous. Even water is not 100% safe.

We are entering a time when balancing benefits to risks is becoming extremely important, and have a president who does not understand the concept of risk... or per capita.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

PoliTalker (05-21-2020)

16. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 8 Times in 8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    For a drug to be effective, it has to also be dangerous. Even water is not 100% safe.

We are entering a time when balancing benefits to risks is becoming extremely important, and have a president who does not understand the concept of risk... or per capita.
    Perhaps just maybe its freaking you that doesn't understand lol. The drug has been used safely for 5 decades. Doctors who prescribe it for lupus and arthritis dont even give EKG's first. You have been fooled fool. The dose trump is taking is hyper safe. In fact the lupus doctor has had zero hospitalizations from the drug in 30 years of practice. As a prophylaxis it seem those on the med for other issues dont get the virus.

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king. Trump is the one eyed man it seems. You are the blind.