Thread: Trump asked to wear mask during Thursday trip to Michigan Ford plant

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Can you name even one TV personality, comedian or media person that wears a mask on TV? If you can't then please shut the fuck up, there's a good chap.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grajonca View Post
    Frank, sorry to interrupt one of your classic rants but can you explain why nobody on US TV appears to wear masks or indeed any of the media at the White House press conferences? Can you explain that, is that, or is that, not a fair question?
    It would be a fair question if it were true...but it isn't.

I see people on TV every day wearing masks...so your "why nobody on US TV appears to wear masks" is incorrect...and I see the media participants at White House press conferences wearing mask often.

Here is an example of both...in the same shot:

Weijia Jiang lowering her mask during press conference to ask Trump a question

ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

3. The Following User Groans At Frank Apisa For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (05-24-2020)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

Can you name even one TV personality, comedian or media person that wears a mask on TV? If you can't then please shut the fuck up, there's a good chap.
    So touchy.

5. The Following User Groans At AProudLefty For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-24-2020)

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post

I see people on TV every day wearing masks...so your "why nobody on US TV appears to wear masks" is incorrect...and I see the media participants at White House press conferences wearing mask often.

So cute.

7. The Following User Groans At AProudLefty For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-24-2020)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

Frank Apisa (05-24-2020)

9. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So why didn't she submit her question in writing then? I have many US channels here and never see any of the news anchors, pundits etc wearing them. Why don't Madcow, Cuomo, Biden, Fauci, Birx, wear masks then? I also can't see the point of lowering a mask to ask a question, it's just virtual signalling.
    Last edited by cancel2 2022; 05-23-2020 at 07:02 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Earl (05-24-2020)

11. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,545 Times in 14,029 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

So why didn't she submit her question in writing then? I have many US channels here and never see any of the news anchors, pundits etc wearing them. Why don't Madcow, Cuomo, Biden, Fauci, Birx, wear masks then? I also can't see the point of lowering a mask to ask a question, it's just virtual signalling.
    And that is as close you will get or have anything to do with the united states, a TV screen, wanker
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

12. The Following 2 Users Groan At Guno צְבִי For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (05-24-2020), Earl (05-24-2020)

13. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,569 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

She appeared at a TRump format. He could not understand talking through a mask. Trump cannot read well.

14. The Following User Groans At Nordberg For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-24-2020)

15. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,569 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

The news people are wearing them regularly. Any remote features a mask. The studios are gone and anchors and guests connect from their homes by computers and phones.

16. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Because!

That is the answer your "question" deserves.

If you are watching American television from somewhere else...you should not be posing question with the predicate, "...why nobody on US TV appears to wear masks or indeed any of the media at the White House press conferences?"

The fact is that plenty do...including almost all of the press corps at press conferences. And lots of TV personalities do not have to wear them during their shows because some are shot at their homes...and the ones in studios have safeguards set up.

BUT IF ONE OF THEM WERE INVITED INTO THAT FORD PLANT...they would wear a mask while there, because they would not act like a petulant three-year old might.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

17. The Following User Groans At Frank Apisa For This Awful Post:

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (05-24-2020), moon (05-24-2020)

19. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Because!

If you are watching American television from somewhere else...you should not be posing question with the predicate, "...why nobody on US TV appears to wear masks or indeed any of the media at the White House press conferences?"

The fact is that plenty do...including almost all of the press corps at press conferences. And lots of TV personalities do not have to wear them during their shows because some are shot at their homes...and the ones in studios have safeguards set up.

BUT IF ONE OF THEM WERE INVITED INTO THAT FORD PLANT...they would wear a mask while there, because they would not act like a petulant three-year old might.
    Yeh bullshit, if you noticed Trump was at least two meters from anybody else the whole time, and if masks are so bloody wonderful then that Chinese CNN hack shouldn't have taken it off to ask a question. In fact all the questions should be sent have been in written form instead to prevent virus transmission. I have watched those press conferences and I can't really recall any meaningful questions, they just consisted of gotchas and spurious bullshit. I have also noticed that both Fauci and Birx wear masks when away from the cameras but take them off to speak, so why aren't you condemning them then?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Earl (05-24-2020)

21. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yeh bullshit, if you noticed Trump was at least two meters from anybody else the whole time, and if masks are so bloody wonderful then that Chinese CNN hack shouldn't have taken it off to ask a question. In fact all the questions should be sent have been in written form instead to prevent virus transmission. I have watched those press conferences and I can't really recall any meaningful questions, they just consisted of gotchas and spurious bullshit. I have also noticed that both Fauci and Birx wear masks when away from the cameras but take them off to speak, so why aren't you condemning them then?
    Indeed.

The president wore his mask where he believed it necessary and didn’t where he believed it unnecessary.

He is the POTUS, you know.

22. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,545 Times in 14,029 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

Because!

Tom who has nothing to do with America always tries to insinuate himself into America
    Last edited by Guno צְבִי; 05-24-2020 at 09:14 AM.
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

23. The Following User Groans At Guno צְבִי For This Awful Post:

24. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You are so full of shit, my bet is your eyes are brown.

You made a statement about people on American television (from somewhere outside of America) that was demonstrably WRONG...and now you are getting into a pet because you error was called to your attention.

Don't take it so hard, Graj...anybody can make a stupid mistake.

25. The Following User Groans At Frank Apisa For This Awful Post:

26. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Indeed.

The president wore his mask where he believed it necessary and didn’t where he believed it unnecessary.

He is the POTUS, you know.
    Yeah, but he is a fucking moron...so what he "believes" shouldn't count.

27. The Following User Groans At Frank Apisa For This Awful Post:

28. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Tom who has nothing to do with America always tries to insinuate himself intro America
    I am beginning to understand that. But he does dumb things, so I enjoy playing with him.

29. The Following User Groans At Frank Apisa For This Awful Post:

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (05-24-2020)