Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump tells GOP not to bother with any more help for unemployed Americans

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Trump tells GOP not to bother with any more help for unemployed Americans

Trump opposes extending the added $600 in unemployment insurance Congress created to help offset coronavirus job losses.

In a private lunch with Republican senators on Capitol Hill on Tuesday, Donald Trump voiced his opposition to continuing the $600 weekly increase to unemployment insurance Congress passed to help workers who lost jobs thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Washington Post reported.

Trump is following the lead of Senate Republicans, who have been opposed to the payments since Congress first passed them in March. All but two GOP senators voted to strip the $600 weekly unemployment insurance boost from the $2 trillion coronavirus relief package, though their effort failed.

Republicans at the time said it's wrong to pay some workers more in unemployment benefits than they were receiving before the pandemic hit, claiming it would discourage Americans from seeking work.

"You can extend some assistance, but you don’t want to pay people more unemployed than they'd make working. You should never make more than your actual wages," Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) — who led the unsuccessful effort to strip the unemployment insurance boost from the relief package — told the Post.

https://americanindependent.com/dona...very-covid-19/

ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,786 Times in 32,152 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

the money that the feds gave the states for unemployment assistance has not all been spent yet......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Callinectes (05-20-2020)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    the money that the feds gave the states for unemployment assistance has not all been spent yet......

Don't Worry, Trump and his pals will see to it that it's get done
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Republicans and Trump oppose this because they think it will cause the economy to open up more slowly. Ironically, the exact opposite is true. There is no better 'stimulus' for the economy than unemployment benefits.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

Phantasmal (05-20-2020)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,544 Times in 9,995 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,099 Times in 1,011 Posts

I know 2 idiots that have been called back to work and won't go because they are getting the 600.00 extra

8. The Following User Says Thank You to volsrock For This Post:

Callinectes (05-20-2020)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 93 Times in 82 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    Trump opposes extending the added $600 in unemployment insurance Congress created to help offset coronavirus job losses.

In a private lunch with Republican senators on Capitol Hill on Tuesday, Donald Trump voiced his opposition to continuing the $600 weekly increase to unemployment insurance Congress passed to help workers who lost jobs thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Washington Post reported.

Trump is following the lead of Senate Republicans, who have been opposed to the payments since Congress first passed them in March. All but two GOP senators voted to strip the $600 weekly unemployment insurance boost from the $2 trillion coronavirus relief package, though their effort failed.

Republicans at the time said it's wrong to pay some workers more in unemployment benefits than they were receiving before the pandemic hit, claiming it would discourage Americans from seeking work.

"You can extend some assistance, but you don’t want to pay people more unemployed than they'd make working. You should never make more than your actual wages," Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) — who led the unsuccessful effort to strip the unemployment insurance boost from the relief package — told the Post.

Why would you pay people more than their job already paid? The answer isn't more unemployment it's to open the country back up so we don't need unemployment benefits.

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    I know 2 idiots that have been called back to work and won't go because they are getting the 600.00 extra
    Damn those idiots!

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 2,333 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 150 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Republicans and Trump oppose this because they think it will cause the economy to open up more slowly. Ironically, the exact opposite is true. There is no better 'stimulus' for the economy than unemployment benefits.
    That is possibly the single most moronic statement I have heard in my tenure here. I have to review some stuff by jarod, evince, polisquawker, LV426 and some other loonies here, but you are definitely in the running! Congrats, idiot!!
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 2,333 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 150 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well, yeah. That's the object of the game, right?
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes View Post
    That is possibly the single most moronic statement I have heard in my tenure here. I have to review some stuff by jarod, evince, polisquawker, LV426 and some other loonies here, but you are definitely in the running! Congrats, idiot!!
    Brilliant comeback, troll. Do you have anything intelligent to say on the topic, or do you want to talk about me all day?

Why do you suppose that Republicans and Trump oppose extending this unemployment benefit? Maybe instead of trolling me you should make some attempt, however lame, to answer that question. After all, that's the topic of the thread. It isn't about me.

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

the demmycunts already want more.......
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    Damn those idiots!
    obviously StonedBoyStoner won't be going back to his job at Starbucks......

16. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    obviously StonedBoyStoner won't be going back to his job at Starbucks......
    Did you just assume my gender?

17. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,178 Times in 7,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

What we need is an FDR moment- of course it most likely won't happen under Brain-Child!

18. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,608 Times in 9,279 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Lets remember that the Republicans forgot about workers!But not billionaires on election day
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?