Thread: 4 Reasons Investors Should Prepare For 'Liberal Landslide' In November

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,970 Times in 32,285 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Not to derail the thread but in our lifetime has there ever been a Republican President "the world" liked?
    as I recall Reagan was pretty popular in eastern Europe.......and George Bush 2 was popular in Africa......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Sailor (05-20-2020)

3. #47 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,607 Times in 17,048 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    By leftist do you mean sane people who actually believe in Democracy and are upset about an unpopular President who is an international joke? Look pal not being an ignorant red neck doesn’t make you a leftist.
    I doubt the founders would think much of your kind of Democracy. Interesting take on those you disagree with, though.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Matt Dillon (05-22-2020)

5. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,245 Times in 2,336 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post
    If we have a high stock market and more than 10% unemployment nationally and higher than that in the red states, the GOP will be swept away.

The working class will come with torches and pitchforks for the Trump administration.
    Well, the good news for you commies is unemployment will probably be much higher than 10%. And if Trump voters are suddenly struck with mass amnesia concerning the state of the economy pre-COVID 19, your wet dreams about that studly biden fellow may come true. But the question remains, what are you going to do about a huge unemployment rate and an economy in a death spiral? I have asked this question repeatedly here and in discussions elsewhere. The only answer I ever get is variations of "orange man bad".

C'mon now. I'm a dumb ass Trump voter. I should be an easy mark for conversion to the true faith, right? Or maybe you don't have faith in the collective mental acuity of your own team so "orange man bad" is a viable strategy for you. This reminds of the 2004 election, and one of the many reasons I think john kerry is such a POS. One of the big issues was iraq and afghanistan and how to disengage. Kerry's position was, and this is almost a direct quote, I have a way out of the war but you won't see it unless I get elected. Effectively saying, he would allow the deaths of more American soldiers unless he was elected. Are we gonna hear something along these lines coming from biden and the rest of the jackasses running? That they indeed have a plan for restoring the Trump economy using some dark magic that will only be revealed if they are allowed to regain power? What Trump and the GOP want to do during Trump's 2nd term is pretty self-evident. It APPEARS you jackasses just want to keep the economy shut down until the election...then what?
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Callinectes For This Post:

Matt Dillon (05-22-2020), RB 60 (05-22-2020)

7. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

Thank you for underscoring the correctness of my post.
    Russian trolls and their supporters go on Ignore, automatically: no second chance.

8. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Gonna be a real kick watching you all get your noses rubbed in shit again just like the bad little dogs you are. REAL fun in fact....
    And if 2020 goes as 2018 and 2019 did, you will trash this ID and create a new one that pretends to have never supported Trump.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

9. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,312 Times in 8,474 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    and yet, its your insanity which caused the current problems and your insane hopes for economic failure which threaten the future......Trump did fine for the economy before the Demmycrats started shouting about shutting things down and balk at opening things back up......
    Postmodern is using the Tinker Bell theory of leadership. Apparently, we all have to believe the Tinker Bell will be OK, for her to recover. If we all just believe...

It is like the drunken driver who says anyone who warns him of the dangers is "jinxing" him. Warning of danger is causing the danger.

10. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,970 Times in 32,285 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Postmodern is using the Tinker Bell theory of leadership. Apparently, we all have to believe the Tinker Bell will be OK, for her to recover. If we all just believe...

It is like the drunken driver who says anyone who warns him of the dangers is "jinxing" him. Warning of danger is causing the danger.
    Joe Biden is popular in China......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Callinectes (05-22-2020), RB 60 (05-22-2020)

12. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,575 Times in 9,985 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 873 Times in 830 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    And if 2020 goes as 2018 and 2019 did, you will trash this ID and create a new one that pretends to have never supported Trump.
    Nope.

13. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,312 Times in 8,474 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    as I recall Reagan was pretty popular in eastern Europe
    Reagan was not very popular in Eastern Europe. The pro-government people hated him for his war like standing, and the anti-government people hated him for his war like standing making reform more difficult.

14. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Not to derail the thread but in our lifetime has there ever been a Republican President "the world" liked?
    Absolutely. Reagan and Bush I.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

15. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Absolutely. Reagan and Bush I.
    Wasn't Reagan despised as a war monger who was going to lead the world to a nuclear holocaust? I was young during his Presidency but weren't there massive protests against Reagan across Europe based on our nuclear buildup?

(The world is clearly bigger than just Europe but I feel like when Americans talk about the world first and foremost they mean Europe.)

16. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Wasn't Reagan despised as a war monger who was going to lead the world to a nuclear holocaust? I was young during his Presidency but weren't there massive protests against Reagan across Europe based on our nuclear buildup?

(The world is clearly bigger than just Europe but I feel like when Americans talk about the world first and foremost they mean Europe.)
    Maybe in Eastern Europe but not even close to W or Trump.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

17. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Yeah like Obama coming in with a near depression from Bush and the market going up 400 percent during his terms. Why would a righty want that? Obama fixed Bush's mess and rightys call that choking the economy. Ever wonder why leftys laugh at you guys?
    You stupid, stupid fuck. When everything is at the bottom, the only way to go is up, dumbass.

It could have gone up exponentially if Obama did things right, but he didn't.

Who has the higher stock market peak? Obama or Trump, you fuck?

18. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Reagan was not very popular in Eastern Europe. The pro-government people hated him for his war like standing, and the anti-government people hated him for his war like standing making reform more difficult.
    So..Reagan didn't liberate East Germany? Wtf kind of revisionist history has your dumbass been being fed?

Prior to Reagan, there was a wall separating East and West Germany. I know, My mom went there.

I still have East German coins, dude.

19. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,319 Times in 1,689 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 416 Times in 383 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    People refrain from investing when "liberals" are in charge because they do stupid things that choke the economy.

They aren't really liberals, but Social Marxists. Real liberals are rarer than white supremacists.
    Plot gdp over the last 50 yrs and it will be obvious that you are full of shit.