Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: If "Everybody Can Get A Test," Why Not Have Workers Get One Before Going Back?

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Trump—test kits—Bad Orange Man lol.
    3 months TOO LATE to give a shit! The orange man and YOU.
    WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,357 Times in 52,408 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post
    3 months TOO LATE to give a shit! The orange man and YOU.
    Never too late, but sooner is better.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    Of course it is. We didnt shut down so that not a single person would die. Thats a retarded standard. People were always going to die. We shut down so that we dont overwhelm our healthcare system so the people that needed it can get the best care possible.
    Agreed. OTOH, there are competent, well supported healthcare systems and there are those which are for-profit and cut to the bone.

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Agreed. OTOH, there are competent, well supported healthcare systems and there are those which are for-profit and cut to the bone.
    whatever you think of the US health system it wasnt overwhelmed. From my research the closest we got was NY getting 75% bed capacity sometime in march or april.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello tsuke,

Of course it is. We didnt shut down so that not a single person would die. Thats a retarded standard. People were always going to die. We shut down so that we dont overwhelm our healthcare system so the people that needed it can get the best care possible.
    The shut down is not to protect 'a single person.'

It is to protect millions.

2 months ago we had very few deaths.

Now we are almost at 100,000 deaths.

That is a lot more than protecting a single person.

The fact that the hospitals were not overwhelmed is the result of the shut down. That is a success story. We can't wait until hospitals are overwhelmed and then back up. Preventative measures are only effective if taken before the undesired result they are intended to thwart.

Opening up too soon is like releasing your parachute before you hit the ground. Saying hospitals have not been overwhelmed is like saying the parachute worked, I didn't hit the ground, so it's OK to release it even if you're still 100 feet up.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello tsuke,

whatever you think of the US health system it wasnt overwhelmed. From my research the closest we got was NY getting 75% bed capacity sometime in march or april.
    The number of Active Cases is still rising in the USA.

So is the number of Serious / Critical Cases, which recently topped 17,000 for the first time.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yet. Do you really believe this is over? The problem is, in order to avoid overwhelming the nation's medical system, we've severely damaged the economy.

NYC is not Alabama or Mississippi. It's a lot more robust than those states. Additionally, they pooled a lot of resources. Those resources are now spent.

8. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Yet. Do you really believe this is over? The problem is, in order to avoid overwhelming the nation's medical system, we've severely damaged the economy.

NYC is not Alabama or Mississippi. It's a lot more robust than those states. Additionally, they pooled a lot of resources. Those resources are now spent.
    Too bad our inept leadership blew the early testing window. That is what really caused the shut-down. If we had broad early testing, we could have used contact tracing and targeted quarantining to control the spread. Like Taiwan did. But we blew it and it got out of control, so we had to shut down the economy. The fault likes in the WH.

No, everything was not 'just fine,' and no, it did not 'miraculously go away.'

We have not even reached a peak yet. The numbers are still rising. Opening up is going to lead to a second wave.

Football fans like to 'do the wave,' well, this is one wave we don't want.