Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If "Everybody Can Get A Test," Why Not Have Workers Get One Before Going Back?

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    You ain't goin' PC on us, are you?
    (just askin')
    Never lol.

I got tired of typing CHINA VIRUS.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

Testing? What a novel approach.

Crickets on your post poli. Gee I wonder why!
    WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Centerleftfl For This Post:

PoliTalker (05-19-2020)

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Of course lol!

Everyone else is held blameless. It’s Trump’s fault our/his ‘elite’ experts relied on spurious models and modelers so that the country could be frightened into submission.

It’s Trump’s fault hospitals were forced to *needlessly* cancel elective procedures and forced tens of thousands of healthcare workers onto unemployment and/or lose their jobs totally. And forced who knows how many hospitals to the verge of bankruptcy.

It’s Trump’s fault we didn’t open back up in the second week in April, when Trump wanted to open back up in April, after the two week lockdown Trump’s ‘elite’ advisors recommended.

Now we are opening up with the virus still present in the population just like it was in April.

It’s all Trump’s fault.
    If that's your take on it then you are entitled to your own opinion.

Mine is that DT was told about this very early on, early enough to have taken decisive action which would have prevented the economic shut down, but he failed.

Instead, he went into denial mode, and praised the CDC even as they completely botched the roll-out of testing.

That testing, at that time, was crucial.

If we had the rapid broad testing in place early on, which we could have done with good leadership, we would not have had to shut down the economy.

We could have had aggressive contact tracing and targeted quarantining and avoided letting the disease get out of control.

Because of DT, it got out of control, and the economy had to be shut down.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. #34 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,617 Times in 17,056 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Darth,

If that's your take on it then you are entitled to your own opinion.

Mine is that DT was told about this very early on, early enough to have taken decisive action which would have prevented the economic shut down, but he failed.

Instead, he went into denial mode, and praised the CDC even as they completely botched the roll-out of testing.

That testing, at that time, was crucial.

If we had the rapid broad testing in place early on, which we could have done with good leadership, we would not have had to shut down the economy.

We could have had aggressive contact tracing and targeted quarantining and avoided letting the disease get out of control.

Because of DT, it got out of control, and the economy had to be shut down.
    It was out of control before we knew it was here. It was out of control before China knew it. Idiot.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

PoliTalker -"And we can hold T directly responsible for the debacle."

Hello tsuke,

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    Which is why we quarantine the high risk and maybe pay them a stipend. At the end of the day both governors and Trump, state and local are responsible for testing. In any case I dont think the media wold have allowed no shut down as they needed to wreck the economy to elect Biden and would have called everyone who didnt want a shut down a murderer.

In any case as it looks more and more like the Floridas and Georgias of the world open up and dont turn into new Epicenters as the Democrats and thier media allies warn i think the people will turn more and more against the Democrats as it is fairly obvious which side wants to extend the lockdown ad infinitum.
    How would we know as far as Florida is concerned? Their data is no longer being reported properly. The top person responsible for it was fired for not tweaking the numbers favorably for the governor:

" A top Florida data researcher, who developed the state's COVID-19 dashboard, was fired on May 5.
    Rebekah Jones told CBS 12, and other media, that she was ordered to censor data "to drum up support for the plan to reopen."
    Jones' dashboard had been praised by White House officials for its accessibility, Florida Today reported.
    Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.

Rebekah Jones, a top data researcher in Florida who developed the state's coronavirus dashboard, says she was fired because she refused to meddle with data related to COVID-19 cases in the state,

Jones, who was fired on May 5 from the state's health department, said in an email to CBS12 that her removal was "not voluntary" and happened because she refused to "manually change data to drum up support for the plan to reopen.""

A top Florida coronavirus researcher said she was fired as the state reopened because she refused to 'manually change data'
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello tsuke,

truthfully i dont really care. My demographic is among the least likely to have covid. As I keep telling people I probably already had it without realizing it. Heck LA county had some of the strictest lockdown procedures and it turns out around half a million already have covid antibodies.
    OK, that takes care of you.

What about this?

Do you care about the possibility that if you get it, and don't have showing symptoms, but could be contagious, that you might spread it to others, including people you are close to and care about?

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Centerleftfl,

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post
    Testing? What a novel approach.

Crickets on your post poli. Gee I wonder why!
    Many here do not seem to be interested in listening to, nor talking about making sense.

When you get people who reject logic, or want to ignore it, or simply refuse to talk about it, it is no surprise if a discussion about it is of no interest to them.

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,837 Times in 17,268 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

One reason is the fucking tests do not work. The Abbot test, which the White House was pushing gave false reading 48 percent of the time. You could flip a coin. The tests need as much lab study as drugs do. But Trump does not respect the CDC. We will go by his gut. What could go wrong?

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There is certainly no value in a test that is wrong half the time.

A coin flip would be cheaper and yield the same results.

And you get to keep the coin after you have performed the 'test.'

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

PoliTalker -"And we can hold T directly responsible for the debacle."

Hello tsuke,

How would we know as far as Florida is concerned? Their data is no longer being reported properly. The top person responsible for it was fired for not tweaking the numbers favorably for the governor:

" A top Florida data researcher, who developed the state's COVID-19 dashboard, was fired on May 5.
    Rebekah Jones told CBS 12, and other media, that she was ordered to censor data "to drum up support for the plan to reopen."
    Jones' dashboard had been praised by White House officials for its accessibility, Florida Today reported.
    Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.

Rebekah Jones, a top data researcher in Florida who developed the state's coronavirus dashboard, says she was fired because she refused to meddle with data related to COVID-19 cases in the state,

Jones, who was fired on May 5 from the state's health department, said in an email to CBS12 that her removal was "not voluntary" and happened because she refused to "manually change data to drum up support for the plan to reopen.""

A top Florida coronavirus researcher said she was fired as the state reopened because she refused to 'manually change data'
    Data or no data if the hospital system is being overwhelmed thats not something you can hide by fudging numbers.

If thier hospital systems are being overwhelmed you would see it with your own two eyes. Fudging numbers can only bring about marginal changes.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello tsuke,

OK, that takes care of you.

What about this?

Do you care about the possibility that if you get it, and don't have showing symptoms, but could be contagious, that you might spread it to others, including people you are close to and care about?
    Hey I understand if they are not comfortable being out and about. By all means anyone, even those able bodied, who is not comfortable going out should self isolate. Let the rest of us who made the personal choice to be ok with risk try and pick up the pieces.

This even goes for old people who should be isolating. I know some 80 yr olds who think I dont have much time left id rather spend it with my family rather than in lockdown.

As long as the hospital systems are not being overwhelmed i dont see the problem.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

13. The Following User Says Thank You to tsuke For This Post:

Darth Omar (05-19-2020)

14. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello tsuke,

Data or no data if the hospital system is being overwhelmed thats not something you can hide by fudging numbers.

If thier hospital systems are being overwhelmed you would see it with your own two eyes. Fudging numbers can only bring about marginal changes.
    But that is not the only consideration.

People are dying. That has to be the primary factor going into a decision that affects public safety.

Hospitals overwhelmed is a worst case scenario. Of course you want to avoid that. But simply avoiding the worst case is not the only concern.

15. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello tsuke,

But that is not the only consideration.

People are dying. That has to be the primary factor going into a decision that affects public safety.

Hospitals overwhelmed is a worst case scenario. Of course you want to avoid that. But simply avoiding the worst case is not the only concern.
    Of course it is. We didnt shut down so that not a single person would die. Thats a retarded standard. People were always going to die. We shut down so that we dont overwhelm our healthcare system so the people that needed it can get the best care possible.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

16. The Following User Says Thank You to tsuke For This Post:

Doc Dutch (05-20-2020)

17. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

Of course it is. We didnt shut down so that not a single person would die. Thats a retarded standard. People were always going to die. We shut down so that we dont overwhelm our healthcare system so the people that needed it can get the best care possible.
    Don't be an ass.
    WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same

18. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,487 Times in 52,490 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,514 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Blog Entries

Or does that make too much sense...

Or perhaps, maybe everyone who wants a test, still can't get one!
    It does make sense but there are not enough tests. "Trump lied, people died."
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (05-20-2020)