Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are the open state catastrophes?

1. #241 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Have I supplanted Trump as your favorite subject lol?

If so, I’m honored.
    No, your post is my subject. I couldn't care less about you. You intimated that the data was being fudged without any proof whatsoever. Pretending that you didn't is intellectually dishonest. I see a lot of that from you.

2. The Following User Groans At Concart For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-22-2020)

3. #242 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,654 Times in 17,915 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,247 Times in 3,051 Posts
    Blog Entries

Have I supplanted Trump as your favorite subject lol?

If so, I’m honored.
    He's just another sock/troll.

He loves straw-men.

4. #243 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,654 Times in 17,915 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,247 Times in 3,051 Posts
    Blog Entries

President Trump lives in the heads of these far left loons.

So does Darth.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

Darth Omar (05-25-2020)

6. #244 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,326 Times in 52,380 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Since you know my age (lol) post proof that I am middle-aged man. Post my exact age. I'll wait.

Post proof of my rank in the AF, I'll wait.
    I was surprised you denied being an Air Force Captain after initially claiming to be one. Did you change your mind when I posted that posing as an Officer is a felony? A felony I'd happily report you to the FBI for committing? I really dislike Stolen Valor assholes. Really.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    ...two each DD-214’s no break in service.

We had no MOS, that’s ARMY. I had an AFSC. AF, eight (8) years, rank-O-3....
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

7. #245 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    No, your post is my subject. I couldn't care less about you. You intimated that the data was being fudged without any proof whatsoever. Pretending that you didn't is intellectually dishonest. I see a lot of that from you.
    My point was more along the lines of ‘ I can see why there are so many conspiracy theories’ or some such.

When I actually subscribe to a conspiracy theory I’ll let you know.

And it’s a fair point, btw. For example, adding died *with* COVID to the death count is a nifty way to inflate it—assuming, someone had an agenda. Is it so difficult to see why some people might think that?

For another btw, I dropped out of medical school and opened a transmission shop lol.

How do you know if I did or I didn’t? Do you know enough about torque converters to know if I was bullshitting or not?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Earl (05-27-2020)

9. #246 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Pure ignorance........I'm hopeful the heard thins in the south.........GO OUT AND CELEBRATE YOUR FREEDOM.....UN MASKED!

Alabama’s death toll from the coronavirus climbed to at least 551 on Sunday, according to data from the state Department of Public Health.

There have been over 14,400 confirmed cases of the virus statewide. Close to 4,600 cases have been reported within the last 14 days.

New rules from Gov. Kay Ivey went into effect Friday at 5 p.m. allowing entertainment venues like bowling alleys, arcades, and theaters as well as child care facilities to reopen subject to social-distancing and sanitation rules. Youth sports practices have also been allowed to resume, though competition won’t begin until June 15, and summer camps are now allowed to open.

For most, the coronavirus causes mild or moderate symptoms. For some, especially older adults and people with existing health problems, it can cause more severe illness, including pneumonia, and death.

The changes come as a recent Associated Press analysis of testing data from The COVID Tracking Project showed the situation in Alabama worsening. The data analyzed included counts through May 20. During the 14 days prior, the number of new daily cases rose while the positivity rate of tests increased.

https://www.alabamanews.net/2020/05/...les-in-effect/

https://www.al.com/news/2020/05/almo...tal-cases.html

10. The Following User Groans At TTQ64 For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-27-2020)

11. #247 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ64 View Post
    Pure ignorance........I'm hopeful the heard thins in the south.........GO OUT AND CELEBRATE YOUR FREEDOM.....UN MASKED!

Alabama’s death toll from the coronavirus climbed to at least 551 on Sunday, according to data from the state Department of Public Health.

There have been over 14,400 confirmed cases of the virus statewide. Close to 4,600 cases have been reported within the last 14 days.

New rules from Gov. Kay Ivey went into effect Friday at 5 p.m. allowing entertainment venues like bowling alleys, arcades, and theaters as well as child care facilities to reopen subject to social-distancing and sanitation rules. Youth sports practices have also been allowed to resume, though competition won’t begin until June 15, and summer camps are now allowed to open.

For most, the coronavirus causes mild or moderate symptoms. For some, especially older adults and people with existing health problems, it can cause more severe illness, including pneumonia, and death.

The changes come as a recent Associated Press analysis of testing data from The COVID Tracking Project showed the situation in Alabama worsening. The data analyzed included counts through May 20. During the 14 days prior, the number of new daily cases rose while the positivity rate of tests increased.

https://www.alabamanews.net/2020/05/...les-in-effect/

https://www.al.com/news/2020/05/almo...tal-cases.html
    AL catastrophe, pending?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

12. #248 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

My point was more along the lines of ‘ I can see why there are so many conspiracy theories’ or some such.

When I actually subscribe to a conspiracy theory I’ll let you know.

And it’s a fair point, btw. For example, adding died *with* COVID to the death count is a nifty way to inflate it—assuming, someone had an agenda. Is it so difficult to see why some people might think that?

For another btw, I dropped out of medical school and opened a transmission shop lol.

How do you know if I did or I didn’t? Do you know enough about torque converters to know if I was bullshitting or not?
    That's a classic Trumpian answer, but I don't fall for it. 'Some people say', or 'some people think'. BS. You think that, you just lack the integrity,conviction and intellectual chops to defend your position. There is no evidence that this data is being fudged. if you disagree, have the integrity to say why and present your evidence, instead of passing your viewpoint off on someone else.

13. The Following User Groans At Concart For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-27-2020)

14. #249 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,227 Times in 6,865 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,850 Times in 1,713 Posts

Another thread that isn't aging too well...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

Phantasmal (05-27-2020)

16. #250 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,426 Times in 5,873 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,484 Times in 6,228 Posts
    Blog Entries

Daft Omar;
    Where are the open state catastrophes?
    It's quite astonishing- but also humorous- that you still believe that you have the credibility to engage.

Haw, haw............................................... haw.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

17. #251 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Several states have been open long enough for the really bad things to happen and they simply aren’t happening.

A bump in case numbers doesn’t rate as ‘catastrophic’, btw.

Were the models wrong? Do many voters in many states feel like they were locked down for too long—for no really good reason?

Three hours ago Trump took to Twitter [in his customary all Caps] and tweeted STATES NEED TO OPEN UP.

The man’s political instincts rarely fail him.
    We just have to keep waiting

Don’t worry the leftists will have a million excuses and at no time admit they were wrong or Kemp or Desantis were right.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

Earl (05-27-2020)

19. #252 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    We just have to keep waiting

Don’t worry the leftists will have a million excuses and at no time admit they were wrong or Kemp or Desantis were right.
    The catastrophe is always two weeks away lol!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Earl (05-27-2020)

21. #253 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    That's a classic Trumpian answer, but I don't fall for it. 'Some people say', or 'some people think'. BS. You think that, you just lack the integrity,conviction and intellectual chops to defend your position. There is no evidence that this data is being fudged. if you disagree, have the integrity to say why and present your evidence, instead of passing your viewpoint off on someone else.
    Including died *with* COVID in the statistics is ‘inflating’ the death count by definition. For the simple reason that isn’t done with seasonal flu statistics and people with integrity will readily concede that point.

When the COVID death count is compared with the seasonal flu death count it should be reported that one set of numbers has been *inflated* relative to another since it includes people who could have died from falling in front of a bull dozer but COVID was present in their bodies at the time of death so they get counted as a ‘COVID death’.

But since the media lacks integrity, it’s rarely reported that way. They at least SEEM to like inflated COVID numbers.

It at least SEEMS like there is some fudging and agenda/pushing going on. It may just be misperception—maybe it isn’t. I can see why people go for the former. I don’t pretend to know either way.

You dismiss it out of hand even though you’re clueless about whether there is or there isn’t.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Earl (05-27-2020)

23. #254 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    Daft Omar;

It's quite astonishing- but also humorous- that you still believe that you have the credibility to engage.

Haw, haw............................................... haw.
    Why don’t you bolster your own integrity and post an open state catastrophe since you’re on Team Panic?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Earl (05-27-2020)

25. #255 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Including died *with* COVID in the statistics is ‘inflating’ the death count by definition. For the simple reason that isn’t done with seasonal flu statistics and people with integrity will readily concede that point.

When the COVID death count is compared with the seasonal flu death count it should be reported that one set of numbers has been *inflated* relative to another since it includes people who could have died from falling in front of a bull dozer but COVID was present in their bodies at the time of death so they get counted as a ‘COVID death’.

But since the media lacks integrity, it’s rarely reported that way. They at least SEEM to like inflated COVID numbers.

It at least SEEMS like there is some fudging and agenda/pushing going on. It may just be misperception—maybe it isn’t. I can see why people go for the former. I don’t pretend to know either way.

You dismiss it out of hand even though you’re clueless about whether there is or there isn’t.
    No, I'm not clueless. We have data from New York City. Comparing the deaths in New York City against the baseline indicates that deaths due to Covid-19 are UNDERSTATED, not overstated. Those deaths in excess of the baseline can't be due to causes already included in the baseline. So you're 'maybe it is, maybe it isn't nonsense' may work on the cult, but not on me. We have a large sample size, and that large sample size indicates that there may well be underreporting. There is nothing to suggest that deaths are overstated.