Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is the Democratic Convention being held in a right wing racist state?

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 8 Times in 8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    And yet when the taxes got lower and the regulations were loosened, they continued leaving. As I said before, outsourcing has increased under Trump.

I don't know if he was lying. Maybe he really believed that. He does seem to be somewhat right, since manufacturing jobs have been coming back in very small numbers.
    Taxes just got lowered in 2018. Manufacturing is coming back at a much higher level now. It will get even better as businesses begin to see the savings AND after trump is reelected. Why move back if your libtard leaders just reverse the tax cuts if elected. Watch what happens after the election and trump wins his second term. Add the covid issue and a return boom is coming.

He was right except that it wouldn't come back. It was gone and going. Corporate taxes were the highest in the world. Trump fixed it and the regulatory costs. Its beginning to work. It is coming back.

So obama wasn't lying manufacturing was gone and going. Trump is the magic wand because the exodus has stopped and the return is in progress. Which was my point.

2. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daddyo View Post
    Taxes just got lowered in 2018. Manufacturing is coming back at a much higher level now. It will get even better as businesses begin to see the savings AND after trump is reelected. Why move back if your libtard leaders just reverse the tax cuts if elected. Watch what happens after the election and trump wins his second term. Add the covid issue and a return boom is coming.
    I can understand the argument that it's taking a while for jobs to return if companies think that the next president will simply reverse Trump's policies. But that doesn't explain why outsourcing has picked up under Trump. At the most, the level of outsourcing should have remained the same, not increased.

So obama wasn't lying manufacturing was gone and going. Trump is the magic wand because the exodus has stopped and the return is in progress. Which was my point.
    The return has been in such small numbers that it wouldn't be accurate to call it an actual return. There were a few jobs that came back under Obama, but I wouldn't call that a return either, because the numbers were too small.

3. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 9,824 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

I can understand the argument that it's taking a while for jobs to return if companies think that the next president will simply reverse Trump's policies. But that doesn't explain why outsourcing has picked up under Trump. At the most, the level of outsourcing should have remained the same, not increased.

The return has been in such small numbers that it wouldn't be accurate to call it an actual return. There were a few jobs that came back under Obama, but I wouldn't call that a return either, because the numbers were too small.
    we need deeper tariffs, deeper, bigger, more, faster.... your safety word is "autarky".

4. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    we need deeper tariffs, deeper, bigger, more, faster.... your safety word is "autarky".
    But anyone who wants tariffs is gay.

5. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

But anyone who wants tariffs is gay.
    no. it's the only solution.

6. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,784 Times in 17,238 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,593 Times in 4,271 Posts

no. it's the only solution.
    Not according to 90 percent of economists. But then , you do not understand the problem, so I expect the solution to elude you.

7. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 8 Times in 8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Not according to 90 percent of economists. But then , you do not understand the problem, so I expect the solution to elude you.
    Can you understand that a tariff deficit puts our companies at a competitive disadvantage same as higher pay, higher taxes, higher regulation, and higher environmental standards.

Economists are pussies and worry about a trade and tariff war. Most are stupid liberals. Most agreed that obamacare would save the average family 2500 bucks. You would be better served doing the opposite of what they say.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Daddyo For This Post:

Blackwater Lunchbreak (05-25-2020)

9. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

they're corrupt elitist dickholes, who only care about the shortsighted gains in their own stocks. read the joseph stiglitz article here
    and be less dumb.

10. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,095 Times in 12,622 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,439 Times in 1,383 Posts
    Blog Entries

they're corrupt elitist dickholes, who only care about the shortsighted gains in their own stocks. read the joseph stiglitz article here
    and be less dumb.
    You understand that you are talking to a member who writes as if he is 14 years old....consistently.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

11. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    You understand that you are talking to a member who writes as if he is 14 years old....consistently.
    I will never give up on nordberg. he's my pet project, like frank appeaser, and dutch monkey.

12. #131 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,601 Times in 17,045 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

You should tell us what the "problem" is...
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Blackwater Lunchbreak (05-25-2020)

14. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I will never give up on nordberg. he's my pet project, like frank appeaser, and dutch monkey.
    Be careful....I have known and liked Frank Apisa for well over a dozen years.....and more than that he has made his bones with me....and more than that he is my official referral here.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

15. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Be careful....I have known and liked Frank Apisa for well over a dozen years.....and more than that he has made his bones with me....and more than than he is my official referral here.
    he's a crotch bite. I'm sure he has some redeeming qualities.

16. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

he's a crotch bite. I'm sure he has some redeeming qualities.
    I hear that he has changed....but so far with me he is the Frank Apisa I have long known and loved, so I am not interested in the story unless I see something not cool from him.

And remember too that this guy who has known Frank Apisa for over a dozen years claims that this is a guy who stands up...he is decent and he is good.

DARK AGES SUCK!

17. #135 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,601 Times in 17,045 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

I hear that he has changed....but so far with me he is the Frank Apisa I have long known and loved, so I am not interested in the story unless I see something not cool from him.

And remember too that this guy who has known Frank Apisa for over a dozen years claims that this is a guy who stands up...he is decent and he is good.
    Frank's OK, he's just a bit old and misguided politically. If I still drank, I'd hang out with him for a few drinks and a good "bullshit session" on subjects non-political, and give him a lesson or two on the pool table!
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.