1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Bill,

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    A few of his loyalist are pointing it out, fortunately... & that is what they see glaringly obvious, so much so they can not-NOT SPEAK OUT...

Ppl need to take responsibility for themselves & their families.....

When we were pups & gonna live forever we took foolish chances, adult are suppose to know better..
    DT never grew up, never gained that wisdom. Never had to pay the price for being stupid. Always with plenty of money to buy his way out of any jam. No wisdom gained. Just one lesson ever learned: Get enough money and you can buy your way out of any jam. That and the gift of BS + twitter.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grajonca View Post
    John Oliver was a second rate performer over here, how you guys think so much of him is beyond me? His whining Brummy accent is enough to piss most off but it must sound different to your ears!!
    I'm guessing your accent is the correct British accent?? I think there are several, as we have here.... Only one I find kinda annoying is the cockney.. I guess when ya'll deported all the ppl to Australia most of them had that accent as well?? To me they sound pretty similar.....

I love to listen to different accents & wonder how they evolved, like in Jamaica, many word accents~pronunciations seem to have derived from an Irish, rather than English accent..

Thoughts??
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yeh he may be all of that but he also realised long before many, what a threat China is to the world. Biden is just a joke who'd get his clock cleaned by Xi, he just wants a quiet life in his dotage. I think you know all that well enough, but feel compelled to indulge in groupthink to please Progressive arseholes like PoliShitTalker and Joan of Snark,.
    I dunno what you mean by group think....... But if it is important to you reply about it or PM me.

Yes, I cred trump for realizing it & have said so several times.

I am not on his team, I owe the MF nothing.. I give him cred for what he recognizes, but for what he is actually doing about it not so much..

& I temper that, as I really don't know what he can actually do about it, short of maybe war & that is a roll of the dice of course w/ everyone a loser..

What do you think trump can & should do regarding the rise of China~ Asia??

Other than following trump what the UK doing about it??
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,265 Times in 3,123 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 266 Times in 254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    I've never heard any comedian or News person claim they are biased or non-biased or revealed which way they vote.

You are making assumptions based on an entertainer's jokes or criticism about the president.

No president- NO PRESIDENT is immune to jokes or criticism.

So Donald Trump and his ass kissers need to grow up and start getting used to it!

However, it's almost too late, as this president is just about done and will soon just be a bad spot in American History!
    Yeah I remember them making all those Obama jokes... NOT!
    Keep changing the names. It doesn't change the meaning.

Abortion
    Pro-Choice
    Women's rights
    Women's Health

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

I dunno what you mean by group think....... But if it is important to you reply about it or PM me.

Yes, I cred trump for realizing it & have said so several times.

I am not on his team, I owe the MF nothing.. I give him cred for what he recognizes, but for what he is actually doing about it not so much..

& I temper that, as I really don't know what he can actually do about it, short of maybe war & that is a roll of the dice of course w/ everyone a loser..

What do you think trump can & should do regarding the rise of China~ Asia??

Other than following trump what the UK doing about it??

Rolling back Huawei's stake in 5G for a start, BoJo has recognised that they are wholly owned by the Chinese state and pose a security risk. I would also hope that the Brits condemn in the strongest possible terms the Chinese attempts to take over Hong Kong. It is imperative that the West stops farming out silicon foundries and takes back that technology, Theresa May was truly shameful for allowing ARM to go to the Japanese, although at least the directors didn't sell out to the Chinese!

6. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,454 Times in 52,469 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    John has such a way with words.

It is only fitting that we have a thread devoted to John Oliver's "Last Week Tonight."

These are long for short-attention-span people, so we can be sure The Donald will not be paying attention.

Even though he should be.

Let us begin here:

Last Week Tonight May 3rd 2020:

I always enjoy his humor even if I don't always agree with him. Oliver is often a lot more right than wrong.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (05-24-2020)

8. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,454 Times in 52,469 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

John Oliver was a second rate performer over here, how you guys think so much of him is beyond me? His whining Brummy accent is enough to piss most off but it must sound different to your ears!!
    ROFL. Duuuuude, your fucking King is a second rate performer. Why the fuck do you love Monarchies so much?
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

9. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'm guessing your accent is the correct British accent?? I think there are several, as we have here.... Only one I find kinda annoying is the cockney.. I guess when ya'll deported all the ppl to Australia most of them had that accent as well?? To me they sound pretty similar.....

I love to listen to different accents & wonder how they evolved, like in Jamaica, many word accents~pronunciations seem to have derived from an Irish, rather than English accent..

Thoughts??
    I was born in the East End, so can claim to be a proper Cockney. It still cracks me up every time I see Dick Van Dyke piss poor attempt at it. It's truly woeful, he claimed that the studio didn't give him time to perfect it. There were any number of English actors that could have done that without any coaching but there you go! I lost that accent a long time back to be honest, but it's still there if needed. The accents around Birmingham are always considered the worst by Brits, listen to this and you might see why?

10. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

And there's more!

11. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,262 Times in 7,145 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Yeah I remember them making all those Obama jokes... NOT!
    May I refer you to YouTube! Tons dude!

The problem with you whiny-ass Trumptards is you spend more time letting Donald Trump control your thinking and getting over-emotional and your shit all-fired up about how the world is just a pickin' on him, when in fact, Jay Leno and David Letterman and Conan made wise-cracks about Obama making him the butt-end of their jokes every night dude for 8 years!

In fact, each one of them said they hated the Obama era, because Obama didn't give them much to work with and they had to just make up crap and they really didn't like having to do that because people wouldn't laugh much- and just stare. Comedians rely on laughs- Not stares!

SNL had to hire a series of Obama look alike Black comedians to conduct comedy skits on Obama. Every Saturday night dude.

Perhaps you weren't paying attention.
    Last edited by Geeko Sportivo; 05-25-2020 at 11:56 AM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

Phantasmal (05-24-2020), PoliTalker (05-25-2020)

13. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

May I refer you to YouTube! Tons dude!

The problem with you whiny-ass Trumptards is you spend more time letting Donald Trump control your thinking and getting over-emotional and your shit all-fired up about how the world is just a oickin' on him, when in fact, Jay Leno and David Letterman and Conan made wise-cracks about Obama making him the butt-end of their jokes every night dude for 8 years!

In fact, each one of them said they hated the Obama era, because Obama didn't give them much to work with and they had to just make up crap and they really didn't like having to do that because people wouldn't laugh much- and just stare. Comedians rely on laughs- Not stares!

SNL had to hire a series of Obama look alike Black comedians to conduct comedy skits on Obama. Every Saturday night dude.

Perhaps you weren't paying attention.
    Obama got a pass because he was black. And the SJWism that has taken over late night, has made it completely unfunny.

Sure they made lighthearted joke towards him, but its nothing compared to how they mock Trump and other republicans.

It's just another media double standard. Some of it is business related. Seth Meyers said democrats have trouble laughing at themselves so SNL prefered to make fun of Republicans.

Abortion
    Pro-Choice
    Women's rights
    Women's Health

14. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Obama got a pass because he was black. And the SJWism that has taken over late night, has made it completely unfunny.

Sure they made lighthearted joke towards him, but its nothing compared to how they mock Trump and other republicans.

It's just another media double standard. Some of it is business related. Seth Meyers said democrats have trouble laughing at themselves so SNL prefered to make fun of Republicans.
    Don't come to me with your racism asshole! I don't discuss shit with racists!

15. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Don't come to me with your racism asshole! I don't discuss shit with racists!
    Wtf was racist?

Abortion
    Pro-Choice
    Women's rights
    Women's Health

16. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Wtf was racist?
    You started off with the comment- Obama got a break because he was Black!

Do you honestly think that all the crap coming from your side about Michelle Obama being an Orangutan or a Man was a break?

It's racist dude, and he didn't get any breaks. The media was pretty harsh on him, his AG's and Secratary of State!

17. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You started off with the comment- Obama got a break because he was Black!

Do you honestly think that all the crap coming from your side about Michelle Obama being an Orangutan or a Man was a break?

It's racist dude, and he didn't get any breaks. The media was pretty harsh on him, his AG's and Secratary of State!
    Pointing out he's black and therefor was laid off on by late night is racist? News to me.

Wow you think media was harsh on Obama? Guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Abortion
    Pro-Choice
    Women's rights
    Women's Health

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish For This Post:

Geeko Sportivo (05-24-2020)