Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: Do you support Israel ??

1. #391 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

"There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #392 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    I dunno much about Britanny, but the Basque are quite a beautiful & unique ppl.........

I have a Basque neighbor for years whose last name I still struggle to pronounce.....
    The Bretons moved over from South-West Britain at the end of Roman times, and are our cousins. Their language, other than Cornish/Cernyweg, is the closest of all to ours, though not all that like nowadays.

3. #393 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    The Bretons moved over from South-West Britain at the end of Roman times, and are our cousins. Their language, other than Cornish/Cernyweg, is the closest of all to ours, though not all that like nowadays.
    Cool.... What really surprised me last year, had a couple friends that hiked the Camino de Santiago, posting tons of pics along the way then suddenly I see one of this guy playing bagpipe....LMAO... I knew of that area, but not that they were still holding on to the traditions in Galicia & the adjacent parts of Portugal..

What made it even more interesting was one of them is Portuguese but from the island Madeira...

Her last name is Carins- yea, pile of rocks in Scottish-her husband is Scott-> Ppl use them around the world as trail markers..

The twist is the ppl that settled her island are from the Gaelic area of Portugal-they went in mass there a couple hundred years ago....

I thought that was pretty interesting..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

4. #394 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Cool.... What really surprised me last year, had a couple friends that hiked the Camino de Santiago, posting tons of pics along the way then suddenly I see one of this guy playing bagpipe....LMAO... I knew of that area, but not that they were still holding on to the traditions in Galicia & the adjacent parts of Portugal..

What made it even more interesting was one of them is Portuguese but from the island Madeira...

Her last name is Carins- yea, pile of rocks in Scottish-her husband is Scott-> Ppl use them around the world as trail markers..

The twist is the ppl that settled her island are from the Gaelic area of Portugal-they went in mass there a couple hundred years ago....

I thought that was pretty interesting..
    Yes, fascinating. A few years ago I made contact with a cousin from the Patagonian province of Argentina. She didn't speak a word of English or 'Welsh', but she had a friend with her who spoke the Patagonian version of our language, who appeared to understand me, though I found her a bit difficult. By the time she'd translated into Spanish and I'd translated into English for my wife, I reckon it got a bit unclear. In a very similar way, I had a corporal on our Chinese course who lived quite near where my parents were at the time. He married a girl who spoke Cantonese and a little of the National Language, while he was the opposite, and took her home to live with his Grandmother, who spoke only our language, and his Mother, who spoke that and English. I often wonder how they made out when he was away. Another cousin of mine came visiting from Seskatchewan, where a whole mass of Patagonian Cymry settled when the Argentines got awkward. They speak, I gather, fluent Spanish, 'Welsh' and English, but all very oddly. Amazing how things survive!

5. #395 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yes, it is.... I find it fascinating...