Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: One People, One State, One Purpose

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,657 Times in 4,437 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereigntist View Post
    Actually, changing the way the government is organized is exactly how we can prevent corrupt politicians from coming together. That is why the Constitution and Declaration of Independence exist.
    Did it work?

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    I'd say state capture by corporations is a bigger threat, actually.

destroying the corporate legal construct and returning to sound currency is a better bet to save humanity.
    We do agree with your statement and address how corporations are interfering with elections through bribery and political corruption. And by "sound currency" are you are referring to the gold standard?

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,130 Times in 9,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

We do agree with your statement and address how corporations are interfering with elections through bribery and political corruption. And by "sound currency" are you are referring to the gold standard?
    but do you agree with destroying the corporate veil altogether?

anything but fiat currency. barter would be better. barter notes maybe.

fiat tyranny is retarded.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

Without going into too much detail, I do not consider Sovereignty to be a "new world order" because it is not trying to take over the world or force its beliefs on people. Sovereignty just wants to expose the corruption within today’s governments and to provide a solution for eliminating it. We can all agree that no government is perfect and they never will be, but there is always room for improvement. And I personally believe that the only way we can improve our government is by removing every lazy, corrupt, and incompetent politician from office.
    If you replaced one of them...what would you do differently...and why aren't you doing it?
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Did it work?
    No, because people are too busy fighting over frivolous things. When the Declaration of Independence was written it held a unifying belief: to protect the life, liberty, and happiness of the people. Now, those values are being attacked by those in office.

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No, because people are too busy fighting over frivolous things. When the Declaration of Independence was written it held a unifying belief: to protect the life, liberty, and happiness of the people. Now, those values are being attacked by those in office.
    so what are you gonna do. just bottomline it.

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    If you replaced one of them...what would you do differently...and why aren't you doing it?
    Sovereignty outlines how we would accomplish this, but I can give you a brief explanation here. This new government will not be divided into corrupt parties all fighting with each other for a majority, but instead positions of office will be filled whenever vacant by way of vote and these newly elected politicians will do what the Declaration of Independence states: serve the people. How can we guarantee that they will do this? Because we are going to make it impossible for them to work in secrecy. We are going to make sure that every major political act is carried out openly and every small political act is thoroughly assessed by an independent court. To put it simply, if someone wishes to become a public official they will basically have to forfeit their privacy.

Now I know what you are going to ask, has this ever been done before? Yes, it was tried in Greece and achieved modest success. It was known as Athenian democracy and it called for every Greek candidate to be carefully examined before they were allowed to become an official. What made Athenian democracy unique was that these Greek officials could be immediately removed from their positions at any time if the people were unsatisfied with their performance. There was even a death penalty for any Greek official who performed poorly or betrayed the trust of the people while in office. This is also touched upon by John Acton when he said “You would hang a man of no position, like Ravaillac; but if what one hears is true, then Elizabeth asked the gaoler to murder Mary, and William III ordered his Scots minister to extirpate a clan. Here are the greater names coupled with the greater crimes. You would spare these criminals, for some mysterious reason. I would hang them, higher than Haman, for reasons of quite obvious justice; still more, still higher, for the sake of historical science.” Even Acton seen that people had a double standard when it came to punishing common criminals vs corrupt politicians.

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Sovereignty outlines how we would accomplish this, but I can give you a brief explanation here. This new government will not be divided into corrupt parties all fighting with each other for a majority, but instead positions of office will be filled whenever vacant by way of vote and these newly elected politicians will do what the Declaration of Independence states: serve the people. How can we guarantee that they will do this? Because we are going to make it impossible for them to work in secrecy. We are going to make sure that every major political act is carried out openly and every small political act is thoroughly assessed by an independent court. To put it simply, if someone wishes to become a public official they will basically have to forfeit their privacy.

Now I know what you are going to ask, has this ever been done before? Yes, it was tried in Greece and achieved modest success. It was known as Athenian democracy and it called for every Greek candidate to be carefully examined before they were allowed to become an official. What made Athenian democracy unique was that these Greek officials could be immediately removed from their positions at any time if the people were unsatisfied with their performance. There was even a death penalty for any Greek official who performed poorly or betrayed the trust of the people while in office. This is also touched upon by John Acton when he said “You would hang a man of no position, like Ravaillac; but if what one hears is true, then Elizabeth asked the gaoler to murder Mary, and William III ordered his Scots minister to extirpate a clan. Here are the greater names coupled with the greater crimes. You would spare these criminals, for some mysterious reason. I would hang them, higher than Haman, for reasons of quite obvious justice; still more, still higher, for the sake of historical science.” Even Acton seen that people had a double standard when it came to punishing common criminals vs corrupt politicians.
    so no parties, or one party, actually. foolishness.

how you gonna stop corporate influence? "no parties" doesnt do anything about that.

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,657 Times in 4,437 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

So if those documents were written to prevent corrupt people from coming together and they did not work, why would a different organization prevent that corruption? Organization and rules do not alter corrupt human behavior.

10. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    so no parties, or one party, actually. foolishness.

how you gonna stop corporate influence? "no parties" doesnt do anything about that.
    There will be no political parties but instead politically independent individuals who have completed the four years' course of political education and therefore are qualified to be in office. Since there will be no political parties, there will be no seats divided among them. It is not that there will be a one party system, but that there will be no parties at all. Even George Washington was an out spoken critic of political parties, because he knew that they would divide and eventually destroy the government. George Washington said that political parties "always serve to distract the public councils and enfeeble the public administration. It agitates the community with ill-founded jealousies and false alarms, kindles the animosity of one part against another, foments occasionally riot and insurrection. It opens the door to foreign influence and corruption, which find a facilitated access to the government itself through the channels of party passion."

In order to stop corporate influence, we must first get rid of "corporate personhood."

11. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There will be no political parties but instead politically independent individuals who have completed the four years' course of political education and therefore are qualified to be in office. Since there will be no political parties, there will be no seats divided among them. It is not that there will be a one party system, but that there will be no parties at all. Even George Washington was an out spoken critic of political parties, because he knew that they would divide and eventually destroy the government. George Washington said that political parties "always serve to distract the public councils and enfeeble the public administration. It agitates the community with ill-founded jealousies and false alarms, kindles the animosity of one part against another, foments occasionally riot and insurrection. It opens the door to foreign influence and corruption, which find a facilitated access to the government itself through the channels of party passion."

In order to stop corporate influence, we must first get rid of "corporate personhood."
    lol. bullshit, you fool.

nobody wants your technocratic utilitarianism.

go fuck yourself.

12. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

those politically independant individuals will all be named karen.

13. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello and welcome Sovereigntist,

I routinely like to acquaint new people here with my Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

If that is agreeable we'll be fine. If not then we won't be talking. I hope it is.

No, it is not too late to change the government. We just need people to stop fighting among themselves and focus their anger at those in government. They are the reason why people are angry in the first place.
    John Lennon would agree.

Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

14. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Sovereigntist,

Greetings everyone, it is with great honor and humility that I reach out to you today and ask for just a moment of your time. As you all know, we are facing the greatest economic crisis in history and it has become evidently clear that our governments do not have even the slightest idea of what to do. Now, there are many things which can be attributed to the present state of affairs, but there is no denying that poor leadership and corruption played a central role in all of it. National leaders need to take immediate action and work together to overcome this crisis, but unfortunately they are neither willing nor capable of doing so. The harsh reality is that global stability is deteriorating at an alarming rate and we are heading towards a complete economic collapse. So what are national leaders around the world doing to prevent this from happening? Unfortunately, our so-called leaders are doing absolutely nothing except blaming one another for a crisis they are all guilty of creating. The fact is that this crisis was deliberately created by them or at the very least made worse by their sheer incompetence. It is no secret that our governments are made up very largely of politicians who are either corrupt or incompetent. The only real mystery is how they have been able to hide their criminal activities from us for so long. But if this crisis has revealed anything about them it is just how quickly they will resort to lying and false accusations in order to cover up their mistakes. And what better way for a politician to evade personal responsibility than by diverting the public’s attention away from themselves? The unfortunate truth is that we have become tolerant of corruption and have forgotten that it is our constitutional right to not only remove criminals from office but, if necessary, create an entirely new government. The Declaration of Independence states “that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government.” We need a new government now more than ever which is why I invite you to read Sovereignty for free. Sovereigntism is a doctrine that aims to unite all people together, regardless of their nationality, to create a single State with a global government. I believe, as do my fellow Sovereigntists, that only by working together will we be able to save true democracy from corruption and ultimately prevent the impending economic collapse. There is still time for us to set things right, but only if we take action here and now. For Sovereignty!
    First of all, it would be nearly impossible for me to even be moved enough to read the 119 page proposal because I do not think a world government is possible.

Secondly, if our Constitution is not working, what could possibly be better?

The Constitution is so beautiful, if that isn't working then what could?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

15. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The whole idea is way too idealistic and not practical. Never gonna happen. Sounds great, needs to go into a Star Trek plot. Realistically, there is far too much hatred and religion which stands in the way. And then there is the matter of getting the currently powerful to give up their power.

I am an atheist, and I have often dreamed of a world government, but the more I have learned, the more I know why that isn't happening. Humans are indeed social animals, but not THAT social. We like our independence far too much to all be part of one big collective.

It would be beautiful, but it's fictional.

It would be interesting though, to see if that impossible dream were somehow done, if the (maybe) visitors from space who don't seem to choose to reveal themselves, would then choose to. If humans on Earth are not alone in the cosmos, and more advanced beings came here, who could blame them for NOT wanting to get involved with humans? There seems to be plenty of evidence we have been visited, but no official contact. That is probably because we are so violent, untrustworthy, and destructive. And the LAST thing we need is amazingly advanced technology. We've already nearly wiped ourselves out several times. And we appear to be in the process of destroying our own habitat. Higher intelligence would be wise to stay away unless we make some kind of huge change.