Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Bill,

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    It was & sadly also deadly...

Someone here posted here that only 22% make it after needing a ventilator.. I didn't believe that, but I looked it up, & he was correct............. I didn't pass that along to her as I/she wanted to hope for the best........

Other than condolences I have not had much contact w/ her as she is grieving & putting his affairs in order..

Lots of ppl here talk about it like its a fuckin joke.......... Hopefully they don't have to find out the hard way that it aint.......
    It is horrible, a tragic crisis. That's one of the reasons I keep that Peak Watch thread going. I don't want to run away from the stark reality of it. These grieving people are not numbers. They are all stories of pain and suffering. Real lives lost.

By facing up to the numbers, which is not easy to do, the realism of it is affirmed. I appreciate that worldometer site. A while after I began monitoring the situation, looking for that peak, I noticed they closed out the day at 0 GMT each day. I began tallying each day a short while afterward, but that meant doing it near the end of the day. That began to affect my sleep. I lost sleep over that thread. I had to change the way I updated it by waiting until the next day so I could do it in the daytime and not be doing it late in the day or into the evening.

This is a terrible ongoing tragedy. For each of those numbers, over 100,000 Americans, over 360,000 humans world wide, there are others who have lost someone. That is a lot of grieving.

Coronavirus has put the world into a grieving state.

I wonder how many people in this world have already been touched by a loss to Coronavirus?

That would have to be a very large number, seeing as how this is most likely to take the old, and those younger survivors left behind are usually greater in number than those lost.

As for those who are in denial, that is a natural part of grieving for some, just as anger and resentment are bound to surface. Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance. It's a process. Sadly not everyone completes it. Some get hung up on one of the stages.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-30-2020)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

thank you
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

The long term effects can not be known.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-30-2020)

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    The long term effects can not be known.
    The America hater, PoliTalker...zero credibility.

PoliTalker:

"Dive, market, DIVE!

Take DT down with you.

02-28-2020, 06:47 AM #5 | Top
    PoliTalker

"Sometimes things have to get worse before they can get better.

We're going down.

BZZZZZT! BZZZZZT! BZZZZZT!

Dive! Dive! Dive!"