Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we capable of unity?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,073 Times in 6,783 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,829 Times in 1,694 Posts

Default Are we capable of unity?

If there was an alien invasion of earth, I'd like to think that we'd band together as one people - take the best ideas of everyone and show the kind of will & determination that only we can to defeat the common enemy.

That's really what COVID is. And what are we seeing? Fox & CNN - and all of the loyal followers of each - are treating it like it's another campaign issue, where the lines are drawn. Trump & most Democrats are no different. You're either mask or anti-mask, shutdown or re-opening, pro-Fauci or against, etc.

I'll tell ya - it's depressing. If we can break the partisan divide for something like this, it's unlikely we ever will. I feel like we're more politicized now than ever. I think many would rather see the virus win than see either Trump or Democrats be wrong or right about anything.

Not sure when this happened. We weren't like this during the Great Depression or WWII.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,175 Times in 10,393 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    If there was an alien invasion of earth, I'd like to think that we'd band together as one people - take the best ideas of everyone and show the kind of will & determination that only we can to defeat the common enemy.

That's really what COVID is. And what are we seeing? Fox & CNN - and all of the loyal followers of each - are treating it like it's another campaign issue, where the lines are drawn. Trump & most Democrats are no different. You're either mask or anti-mask, shutdown or re-opening, pro-Fauci or against, etc.

I'll tell ya - it's depressing. If we can break the partisan divide for something like this, it's unlikely we ever will. I feel like we're more politicized now than ever. I think many would rather see the virus win than see either Trump or Democrats be wrong or right about anything.

Not sure when this happened. We weren't like this during the Great Depression or WWII.
    Nope, I don’t believe we are anymore.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

If aliens invaded, Trump would blame Obama, Republicans would begrudgingly back Trump up while wishing he was dead, Democrats would say Trump is wrong, and the media would say both parties are the same because they can't work together.
    So no, we wouldn't be able to work together.

As for when this happened, it happened about fifteen years ago. This is what happens when society becomes so multiracial that national identity means nothing. People don't care about America anymore, which plays into the hands of Republican Fascism.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

Y-y-you mean to tell me the movie Independence Day ain't possible?

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,494 Times in 9,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,427 Times in 1,256 Posts

6. The Following User Says Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

AProudLefty (05-15-2020)

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Are we capable of unity?
    No, you are not.
    Every life matters

8. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

Callinectes (05-15-2020)

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    No, you are not.
    ^ Case in point.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

domer76 (05-15-2020)

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,454 Times in 9,909 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 867 Times in 825 Posts

Sadly,...probably not. I wish we were but its highly doubtful.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Stone For This Post:

AProudLefty (05-15-2020)

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

Partly it is that people are ignorant, they do not know what real pain is nor do they understand that a society that functions as poorly as America does now is driving towards certain BIG PAIN.

But it is not just the ignorance....it is that people are now inferior to our ancestors almost all the way around the block....and then too ignorant to know that they are that inferior to those that they so often look down upon, of those who they accuse of so many isms and other crimes.

I blame the failure of the Universities first, that is how we ended up with an Elite Class driving America into the ground spreading bad ideas as they filled their pockets with money
    Last edited by Hawkeye10; 05-15-2020 at 07:13 PM.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Stone (05-15-2020)

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

The answer of course is no..... we live in a Post Truth and Post Decency world because as Carlin said over and over again "The People Suck!".
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Sadly,...probably not. I wish we were but its highly doubtful.
    If it was something like World War Z or War of the Worlds then I'm sure it's likely.

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,447 Times in 7,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 509 Times in 502 Posts

I blame the leftist indoctrination for that. They have fucked at least a couple generations with no end in sight for the time being.

Not everywhere, but many places in America. Enough to where it's a real and serious problem.

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,986 Times in 2,762 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 178 Times in 173 Posts

You've watched too many movies. The democrats would take up the alien invader's talking points and use them to attack Trump. And then they'd call him an alien-phobe.

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,986 Times in 2,762 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 178 Times in 173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    If it was something like World War Z or War of the Worlds then I'm sure it's likely.
    You have also watched too many movies.

20. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    You have also watched too many movies.
    Define "too many".