Thread: OBAMA EBOLA CZAR, 'YES, WE LEFT A 69PG 'PLAYBOOK'--BIG RED LETTERS'

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default OBAMA EBOLA CZAR, 'YES, WE LEFT A 69PG 'PLAYBOOK'--BIG RED LETTERS'

I know, I know! Trump and his BAND of feckless murderers are color blind.

NOTE: For those who have forgotten, JOHN BOLTON dismantled the unit.

Trump’s coronavirus claims debunked by Obama’s ebola czar: We left behind a document that said ‘Playbook’ in big red letters

Published
    1 min ago on
    May 15, 2020
    By Travis Gettys

President Barack Obama’s former “ebola czar” debunked claims that the previous administration left the U.S. unprepared for the coronavirus pandemic that has left more than 86,000 Americans dead.

Ron Klain, who coordinated Obama’s response to the ebola outbreak, appeared Friday on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” where he pushed back against accusations by President Donald Trump and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell — who say Obama’s administration failed to create a pandemic response.
    “We left behind a document that said, in big red letters on the front, ‘Playbook,'” Klain said. “No doubt it was there — 69 pages long, included on Page 9 a reference to the threat of new, emerging respiratory diseases, including coronavirus. So the plan was there. The plan was detailed, the plan included this particular threat. More important perhaps even than the plan, we left behind an office on pandemic preparedness in the National Security Council, with pandemic preparedness experts that John Bolton disassembled in 2018.”

“We had a plan and a team,” he added. “The White House ignored the first and
    disassembled the second.”

Trump should have been aware of the threat from a global pandemic, Klain said, because previous administrations have been sounding the alarm and developing strategies since the beginning of this century.

“Look, this is a threat,” Klain said. “I mean, experts have been warning about this. We know in addition to what President Obama and our team warned President Trump of, he had an Oval Office meeting with Bill Gates in 2017, where Bill Gates said, face-to-face, ‘Hey, this is the No. 1 thing that could kill millions of people around the world in an extra way that you need to be prepared for.'”

“The warning lights have been flashing on this for a long time,” Klain added. “The White House, for the first few months, said, ‘No one could have seen this coming,’ yet every expert saw this coming. Dr. [Ashish] Jha, who you had on in the last segment, I’ve been at a number of conferences with him, where he and I warned this was coming. The president was on notice, his team was on notice. The decision to ignore the Obama playbook and disband the pandemic prevention team has had ramifications for the slowness of the response, the disorganization of the response, for the ignoring science in the response. All of these things were predictable mistakes, that ignoring the plan and preparations have led to.”

Klain said the president still hasn’t learned any lessons from this pandemic, because he’s still ignoring science and failing to take the most basic steps to ensure public health.

“Public health and the economy aren’t at odds with one another,” Klain said. “They work hand in hand. The more you do things to make me feel safer, the more I’m going to go back to work, the more I’m going to go back to stores, the more I’ll go back to restaurants. Trying to tell me that there’s nothing to worry about, that’s not a strategy. It’s not going to work. The American people are going to see through that. So we have to do these basic, simple things, that the president seems to want to reject. Every expert says they’re the things to do.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/05/tru...g-red-letters/

WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

If Trump's people say he had no playbook, he had no playbook. Belief trumps fact.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gonzomin For This Post:

Phantasmal (05-15-2020)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,020 Times in 8,278 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post
    “Public health and the economy aren’t at odds with one another,” Klain said. “They work hand in hand. The more you do things to make me feel safer, the more I’m going to go back to work, the more I’m going to go back to stores, the more I’ll go back to restaurants. Trying to tell me that there’s nothing to worry about, that’s not a strategy. It’s not going to work. The American people are going to see through that. So we have to do these basic, simple things, that the president seems to want to reject. Every expert says they’re the things to do.”
    This is the key point that trump does not seem to be able to understand.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

Phantasmal (05-15-2020)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,563 Times in 17,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    This is the key point that trump does not seem to be able to understand.
    He does not have time. the election is in 6 months and Trump is certain his cheating ways will be exposed if the Dems win. Trump does not have the time or the desire to do things right. As usual, he is going Defcon 5 against every Dem in sight. It's not me, its never me, it is those criminal dems going against me. They have no right to fight me or criticize me. I am the king.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Phantasmal (05-15-2020)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,755 Times in 33,625 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    If Trump's people say he had no playbook, he had no playbook. Belief trumps fact.
    I’ve never seen anyone project as much a Donald. It’s an art form with him.

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,755 Times in 33,625 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post
    I know, I know! Trump and his BAND of feckless murderers are color blind.

NOTE: For those who have forgotten, JOHN BOLTON dismantled the unit.

Trump’s coronavirus claims debunked by Obama’s ebola czar: We left behind a document that said ‘Playbook’ in big red letters

Published
    1 min ago on
    May 15, 2020
    By Travis Gettys

President Barack Obama’s former “ebola czar” debunked claims that the previous administration left the U.S. unprepared for the coronavirus pandemic that has left more than 86,000 Americans dead.

Ron Klain, who coordinated Obama’s response to the ebola outbreak, appeared Friday on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” where he pushed back against accusations by President Donald Trump and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell — who say Obama’s administration failed to create a pandemic response.
    “We left behind a document that said, in big red letters on the front, ‘Playbook,'” Klain said. “No doubt it was there — 69 pages long, included on Page 9 a reference to the threat of new, emerging respiratory diseases, including coronavirus. So the plan was there. The plan was detailed, the plan included this particular threat. More important perhaps even than the plan, we left behind an office on pandemic preparedness in the National Security Council, with pandemic preparedness experts that John Bolton disassembled in 2018.”

“We had a plan and a team,” he added. “The White House ignored the first and
    disassembled the second.”

Trump should have been aware of the threat from a global pandemic, Klain said, because previous administrations have been sounding the alarm and developing strategies since the beginning of this century.

“Look, this is a threat,” Klain said. “I mean, experts have been warning about this. We know in addition to what President Obama and our team warned President Trump of, he had an Oval Office meeting with Bill Gates in 2017, where Bill Gates said, face-to-face, ‘Hey, this is the No. 1 thing that could kill millions of people around the world in an extra way that you need to be prepared for.'”

“The warning lights have been flashing on this for a long time,” Klain added. “The White House, for the first few months, said, ‘No one could have seen this coming,’ yet every expert saw this coming. Dr. [Ashish] Jha, who you had on in the last segment, I’ve been at a number of conferences with him, where he and I warned this was coming. The president was on notice, his team was on notice. The decision to ignore the Obama playbook and disband the pandemic prevention team has had ramifications for the slowness of the response, the disorganization of the response, for the ignoring science in the response. All of these things were predictable mistakes, that ignoring the plan and preparations have led to.”

Klain said the president still hasn’t learned any lessons from this pandemic, because he’s still ignoring science and failing to take the most basic steps to ensure public health.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/05/tru...g-red-letters/

Mitch McConnell had to walk his lie back, the Obama administration did have a plan. Kaylie McNinny looked foolish with her binders.