Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lockdown Bought Us Time, trump Threw That Time Away

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,333 Times in 8,493 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Default Lockdown Bought Us Time, trump Threw That Time Away

Dr. Rick Bright Says Coronavirus Resurgence Would ‘Devastate’ U.S.
    The ousted vaccine official said “time is running out” to develop a plan to combat the virus.
    headshot
    By Sara Boboltz

Dr. Rick Bright, the whistleblower abruptly fired after pushing back against the Trump administration, described an urgent need to develop a national plan to combat the coronavirus to avoid disastrous overlap with the regular flu season. Failure to do so will be “devastating for our health care systems [and] for Americans,” he said in congressional testimony on Thursday.

“I believe we could have done better,” Bright told the House Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Health. “I believe there were critical steps we did not take in time.”

“The urgent need for funding at the outset of a pandemic is something that we’ve known about,” Bright said. President Donald Trump has faced relentless criticism for his administration’s delay in forming a coherent federal response to the crisis that has crippled the economy and killed more than 84,000 Americans so far.

“We knew going into this pandemic that critical medical equipment would be in short supply. I began getting alerts from industry colleagues in mid- and late January telling me that, from an outside view, the supply chain was diminishing rapidly, telling me that other countries that we relied on to supply many of these masks were blocking exports and stopping transfer of these masks to the United States,” Bright told the subcommittee.

When he alerted Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar to these alarming shortages, however, Bright said the responses he received ranged from officials claiming they were “too busy,” they didn’t know who was in charge, or they had a sick child at home and would deal with the issue later.

Bright was removed last month as director of the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority, a division of the Department of Health and Human Services charged with developing drugs and vaccines. A federal agency found “reasonable grounds to believe” that the Trump White House fired him in retaliation for telling the administration how it needed to prepare to combat COVID-19, including testing on hydroxychloroquine, an unproven drug touted by President Donald Trump.

“I was told that my urgings were causing a commotion,” Bright told the committee, saying that he was then removed from planning meetings.

Bright said the U.S. lacks a plan to rein in the virus, warning that “time is running out.” In his prepared remarks, he stressed the importance of securing a supply chain for vital health care equipment needed by hospitals in addition to materials that will be required to mass-produce treatments and vaccines.

Failure to secure and increase supply of N95 masks, swabs and syringes, he said, “put a lot of lives at risk in our frontline health care workers,” and the federal government’s failure to work together on a plan to deal with the virus certainly “lengthened our timeline to reopening.”

2. The Following User Groans At Walt For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-14-2020)

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Walt For This Post:

christiefan915 (05-14-2020), Cinnabar (05-14-2020), Frank Apisa (05-14-2020), Guno צְבִי (05-14-2020), moon (05-14-2020), Phantasmal (05-14-2020), PoliTalker (05-14-2020)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,333 Times in 8,493 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Obama:
    Despite all the time that’s been lost, we can still make real progress against the virus, protect people from the economic fallout, and more safely approach something closer to normal if we start making better policy decisions now.https:
    https://www.vox.com/2020/5/13/212481...masks-stimulus

5. The Following User Groans At Walt For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-14-2020)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Walt For This Post:

Frank Apisa (05-14-2020), Guno צְבִי (05-14-2020)

7. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 93 Times in 82 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    The ousted vaccine official said “time is running out” to develop a plan to combat the virus.
    headshot
    By Sara Boboltz

Dr. Rick Bright, the whistleblower abruptly fired after pushing back against the Trump administration, described an urgent need to develop a national plan to combat the coronavirus to avoid disastrous overlap with the regular flu season. Failure to do so will be “devastating for our health care systems [and] for Americans,” he said in congressional testimony on Thursday.

“I believe we could have done better,” Bright told the House Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Health. “I believe there were critical steps we did not take in time.”

“The urgent need for funding at the outset of a pandemic is something that we’ve known about,” Bright said. President Donald Trump has faced relentless criticism for his administration’s delay in forming a coherent federal response to the crisis that has crippled the economy and killed more than 84,000 Americans so far.

“We knew going into this pandemic that critical medical equipment would be in short supply. I began getting alerts from industry colleagues in mid- and late January telling me that, from an outside view, the supply chain was diminishing rapidly, telling me that other countries that we relied on to supply many of these masks were blocking exports and stopping transfer of these masks to the United States,” Bright told the subcommittee.

When he alerted Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar to these alarming shortages, however, Bright said the responses he received ranged from officials claiming they were “too busy,” they didn’t know who was in charge, or they had a sick child at home and would deal with the issue later.

Bright was removed last month as director of the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority, a division of the Department of Health and Human Services charged with developing drugs and vaccines. A federal agency found “reasonable grounds to believe” that the Trump White House fired him in retaliation for telling the administration how it needed to prepare to combat COVID-19, including testing on hydroxychloroquine, an unproven drug touted by President Donald Trump.

“I was told that my urgings were causing a commotion,” Bright told the committee, saying that he was then removed from planning meetings.

Bright said the U.S. lacks a plan to rein in the virus, warning that “time is running out.” In his prepared remarks, he stressed the importance of securing a supply chain for vital health care equipment needed by hospitals in addition to materials that will be required to mass-produce treatments and vaccines.

Failure to secure and increase supply of N95 masks, swabs and syringes, he said, “put a lot of lives at risk in our frontline health care workers,” and the federal government’s failure to work together on a plan to deal with the virus certainly “lengthened our timeline to reopening.”
    There is zero evidence the lockdown had any effect whatsoever, 66% of deaths from NYC were of people under lock down.

8. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

PISSED it away!
    WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same

9. The Following User Groans At Centerleftfl For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-14-2020)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Centerleftfl For This Post:

Frank Apisa (05-14-2020)

11. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FreeSpeech View Post
    There is zero evidence the lockdown had any effect whatsoever, 66% of deaths from NYC were of people under lock down.
    Galactically stupid. A lockdown/social distancing lowers the R0 value. That is an undisputed fact.

12. The Following User Groans At Concart For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-14-2020)

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

christiefan915 (05-14-2020), Frank Apisa (05-14-2020), Guno צְבִי (05-14-2020), moon (05-14-2020), Phantasmal (05-14-2020)

14. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,669 Times in 17,927 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Indeed.

15. The Following User Groans At Earl For This Awful Post:

Concart (05-14-2020)

16. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

The Trump virus and the Trump Depression will force him out of office and give us Democratic majorities in Congress.
    Russian trolls and their supporters go on Ignore, automatically: no second chance.

17. The Following User Groans At jimmymccready For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-14-2020)

18. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

headshot
    By Sara Boboltz

RICK BRIGHT IS A LYINGASS, SELF-AGGRANDIZING LEFTIST BITCH, WHO WANTS HIS "TURN" IN THE SPOTLIGHT.

EVERYTHING HE BITCHED ABOUT HAS BEEN DONE, AND HE SIGNED THE PAPERS SEEKING THE FDA APPROVAL OF HYDROXICHLOROQUINE.
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

19. The Following User Groans At Grokmaster For This Awful Post:

Concart (05-14-2020)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Grokmaster For This Post:

Earl (05-14-2020)

21. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,447 Times in 52,463 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

headshot
    By Sara Boboltz

Agreed with Dr. Bright, but disagreed with putting it all on the POS Coward-in-Chief. Congress owns a huge, if not majority, slice of the blame.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

22. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,556 Times in 2,630 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 216 Times in 211 Posts

yawn

23. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Personally, I'm all for people who still think this is just a hoax to go out Kill themselves ... and please take as many morons as possible with them.

I'll be watching with Glee from Safety
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

24. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,262 Times in 7,145 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

Time changes everything! [Geeko Sportivo]

25. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Damn shame it was that little.....

26. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

headshot
    By Sara Boboltz

Today’s Panic Porn brought to you by Dr. Somebody lol.

Can we glance at the doctors past predictions to get an idea of his track record?

Or is he another Fergie?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Earl (05-14-2020), Sailor (05-14-2020)

28. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 93 Times in 82 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Galactically stupid. A lockdown/social distancing lowers the R0 value. That is an undisputed fact.
    The undisputed fact is you have zero evidence that the lock down did a fucking thing, why were more people hospitalized who were in non-essential jobs and stayed home you dumb fuck? How does a "lock down" do anything to stop the spread when the main businesses people frequent daily like gas stations, big box and grocery stores are still open? Do Walmarts automatic sliding doors magically block the coronavirus from entering? Do gas pump handles piss lysol? Do debit card scanners develop anti-bodies?

66% of N.Y. coronavirus hospitalizations are people who stayed home

About two-thirds of patients hospitalized with COVID-19 in New York became infected even though they said they'd been observing lockdown restrictions. Dr. Jon Baugh joined CBSN to talk about the state's startling new statistic.

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/66-of-...o-stayed-home/

Now kindly fuck off with your bullshit values from your bullshit predictive model estimates that have been proven 100% wrong starting with the fake pseudoscientific study from Imperial College and Neil Ferguson which Fauci and Birx used to convince Trump to shut down the economy.

What is a known fact is that the only way to quash a respiratory virus is to develop a herd immunity thus denying the virus new hosts and preventing a relapse down the road.
    Last edited by FreeSpeech; 05-14-2020 at 01:47 PM.