Thread: Political Gang Cultures

1. #211 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    matters most to who->YOU!!!
    It matters the most in that society as a whole sees race as the most important factor. That's why people self-segregate based on race more than other factors.

2. #212 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,485 Times in 52,488 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,514 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    It matters the most in that society as a whole sees race as the most important factor. That's why people self-segregate based on race more than other factors.
    You are projecting. Most people are more worried about their own lives and their family to give a shit about anyone else. While there are, indeed, racists who make race a factor in their priorities, even they have more important things like kids and money.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

3. #213 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    You are projecting. Most people are more worried about their own lives and their family to give a shit about anyone else. While there are, indeed, racists who make race a factor in their priorities, even they have more important things like kids and money.

4. #214 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

IMHO I believe ppl have always & always will divide themselves-separate themselves from others, it is a choice they make-the reasons are projections..

Rather than pick apart all of those, lets look @ just a few-The dear brother didn't want to shake your hand, there was maybe thousands or millions that would have loved to do so. Sounds to me that brother has the problem, don't make it yours.....

Oddly enough, or not, many of those ppl come here & bring those problems-hates & all that...... Their children don't care as much, & their grandchildren are prob just like WTF??

Muslim Uyghurs in China gets lots of play here "now"..... When the commies were more our friends that didn't seem to matter much did it?? Then we were like the rest of the planet, including Muslim states & their kin just over their boarders..

I know of no Muslim state complaining about it, do you?? Kinda makes yea wonder

We are kinda bombarded w/ info everyday & we need to try to come to our own conclusions, not those of others..

You know the one about the cat that sat on a hot stove lid.......... He learned the wrong lesson..

When that man refused to shake your hand, for whatever reason?? He certainly seems to be a jerk..

But hopefully you didn't then refuse to shake hands or hesitate as a result~having others come to mistaken conclusions about you..
    Bill: "Rather than pick apart all of those, lets look @ just a few-The dear brother didn't want to shake your hand, there was maybe thousands or millions that would have loved to do so. Sounds to me that brother has the problem, don't make it yours....."
    Jack: The 'brother' has a valid point. But ... there's nothing I can do about it. It's like when Yugoslavia broke apart, grievances from 500 years ago came to the surface. What's the cure, what's the remedy? In the case of Yugoslavia, it was 'separation'. Both David Duke and Louis Farrakhan have both endorsed 'homelands' for the races.

Bill: "Oddly enough, or not, many of those ppl come here & bring those problems-hates & all that...... Their children don't care as much, & their grandchildren are prob just like WTF??"
    Jack: Well, with Blacks in America, even after 1865 (155 years ago) that doesn't seem to be the case (and to a lesser extent, Whites)

I haven't been following this thread that closely, are we still talking about 'National Identity'?
    If we are, my view is that an Ethno-State like China, is better prepared to utilize their 'National Identity', than a State like the former Yugoslavia, or the US.

5. #215 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Bill: "Rather than pick apart all of those, lets look @ just a few-The dear brother didn't want to shake your hand, there was maybe thousands or millions that would have loved to do so. Sounds to me that brother has the problem, don't make it yours....."

Jack: The 'brother' has a valid point. But ... there's nothing I can do about it. It's like when Yugoslavia broke apart, grievances from 500 years ago came to the surface. What's the cure, what's the remedy? In the case of Yugoslavia, it was 'separation'. Both David Duke and Louis Farrakhan have both endorsed 'homelands' for the races.

Bill: "Oddly enough, or not, many of those ppl come here & bring those problems-hates & all that...... Their children don't care as much, & their grandchildren are prob just like WTF??"
    Jack: Well, with Blacks in America, even after 1865 (155 years ago) that doesn't seem to be the case (and to a lesser extent, Whites)

I haven't been following this thread that closely, are we still talking about 'National Identity'?
    If we are, my view is that an Ethno-State like China, is better prepared to utilize their 'National Identity', than a State like the former Yugoslavia, or the US.
    LOL, no one is asking you to do anything, on the contrary, do nothing, ignore him & don't carry it forward..

Why do you think it is like that after 155 years?? Perhaps for some it wasn't 155 years ago, it was yesterday......... Last month or tomorrow....
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

6. #216 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

LOL, no one is asking you to do anything, on the contrary, do nothing, ignore him & don't carry it forward..

Why do you think it is like that after 155 years?? Perhaps for some it wasn't 155 years ago, it was yesterday......... Last month or tomorrow....
    Bill: "LOL, no one is asking you to do anything, on the contrary, do nothing, ignore him & don't carry it forward."
    Jack: If we are discussing 'National Identity', then this is an example of how a 'Ethnic Group' is a superior form than a 'Diverse Group'.

Bill: "Why do you think it is like that after 155 years?? Perhaps for some it wasn't 155 years ago, it was yesterday..."
    Jack: I agree.

I support a diverse collective of people, I think it's better in the long run, and makes people more 'worldly', which would result in less conflict. I support the idea of 'Dia De La Raza', it makes for a unifying event.
    I'm a little concerned about 'ethno-states' like China, Saudi Arabia, etc. because it makes fertile ground for 'We are the Superior People' propaganda the Government can use on the populace.
    Now ... saying that. Of the two Groups, the 'Ethno-States' have an easier time of motivating the populace into War & Sacrifice.

7. #217 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I support the 'idea' of 'Dia De La Raza', where we are all one. But it's so easy to pick examples from around the world to point at. Palestinians, Kurds, Muslim Uyghurs in China, even Catholics and Protestants in Ireland. Look at here at home. Black Americans refer to themselves as 'African-Americans'. Seems purposefully divisional. Blacks have a hatred of Whites for the Slavery issue, even though that has been resolved. When I first came to the South, I remember sticking out my hand and saying "Hello, Brother". And the guy responded with "When I fuck your wife, mother, daughter, and sister for the next 400 years, then we'll be 'Brothers'. Sooooo, ... that kind of gave me the 'gut feeling' of Blacks in the South about the average white person. Not a lot I, the average white person, can do about that.

I've lost my hope for a 'unified' USA with this new understanding and now view it as a long term goal with the eventual interbreeding of the various groups to be what solves the problem.
    That old style of racism from "Black Americans" is dying out with the Boomers. Like Whites who still attend KKK meetings, it will probably still be around among a small minority but most Americans will have moved on.

"Blending" will continue. Some people will still be assholes. It's human nature.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Jack (05-26-2020)

9. #218 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The Democrats, and the US Government, keeps racism alive with institutionalized racism. Any time a person is treated differently because of their "race" (something geneticists says doesn't exist) it's racism regardless of who does it or why. When it's written into Federal law, it's institutionalized racism.

"Racial Equality Tools" claims to support "individuals and groups working to achieve racial equity". That's a nice goal. It defines "racial quality" as:

Racial equity is the condition that would be achieved if one's racial identity no longer predicted, in a statistical sense, how one fares. When we use the term, we are thinking about racial equity as one part of racial justice, and thus we also include work to address root causes of inequities not just their manifestation. This includes elimination of policies, practices, attitudes and cultural messages that reinforce differential outcomes by race or fail to eliminate them.

Also a good goal....but then it goes on to list "Institutional Racism" as this: “the systematic distribution of resources, power and opportunity in our society to the benefit of people who are white and the exclusion of
    people of color.”
    This is racist because it 1) defines groups by skin color and 2) claims only "white" people are racist. There are other subtle references on the website which are racist. It is this sort of subtle racism which is causing racism to continue in America and why the Democrats, despite all good intentions, are racist for supporting a racial divide.

10. #219 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Bill: "LOL, no one is asking you to do anything, on the contrary, do nothing, ignore him & don't carry it forward."
    Jack: If we are discussing 'National Identity', then this is an example of how a 'Ethnic Group' is a superior form than a 'Diverse Group'.

Bill: "Why do you think it is like that after 155 years?? Perhaps for some it wasn't 155 years ago, it was yesterday..."
    Jack: I agree.

I support a diverse collective of people, I think it's better in the long run, and makes people more 'worldly', which would result in less conflict. I support the idea of 'Dia De La Raza', it makes for a unifying event.
    I'm a little concerned about 'ethno-states' like China, Saudi Arabia, etc. because it makes fertile ground for 'We are the Superior People' propaganda the Government can use on the populace.
    Now ... saying that. Of the two Groups, the 'Ethno-States' have an easier time of motivating the populace into War & Sacrifice.
    I have not really given much thought to that, that "ethno-states" have that advantage... But just off the top it is pretty clear that persuasion aka FORCE flows from the butchers @ the top..

I dunno if the ppl in those countries think they are better than everyone else, I have little doubt those rulers do think so......
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."