Thread: Political Gang Cultures

1. #196 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    There should be restrictions on how much companies can charge. But these companies are the ones funding Trump, so....
    Which party gets staggering amounts of cash from corporations & which one get little or nothing??
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #197 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Which party gets staggering amounts of cash from corporations & which one get little or nothing??
    Well I wouldn't say the DNC gets little or nothing. But yeah, they're not a fraction as bad as the RNC.

3. #198 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

LOL, you live in the same State I do & we see two different worlds.. Now this is a vast state & many populations/population mixes-NOT mixed.

IMHO you are simply wrong, & you live here.......... I don't know where exactly but if you go to any major metro area you're gonna see exactly what I am saying..
    You don't see Asians self-segregating themselves? California has one of the biggest Chinatowns in the country, so I don't think this is only happening in the places I've been to in Cali.

When he went visiting to London he "Identified" as a Nigerian & when he goes home to Nigeria to visit he identifies as an Ibo..

Why does he keep changing his "Identity"???
    For the same reason a German guy who immigrated to America wouldn't say he's a Franconian. He'd know that outside of Europe, most people don't know what Franconia is.

Intersectionality is definitely a thing and identity is complicated. My point is that race plays the most important role in collective identities, even though people are usually more conscious of their ethnicity.
    The African guy you mentioned can identify and self-segregate as Igbo in Nigeria, but if Nigeria became multiracial like America, he'd just be black. His Igbo heritage would pale in comparison to the difference between the racial groups.

4. #199 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Well I wouldn't say the DNC gets little or nothing. But yeah, they're not a fraction as bad as the RNC.
    I guess one could look @ it that way or one could say they are both doing the deed for money, one is merely paid better.
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

5. #200 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You don't see Asians self-segregating themselves? California has one of the biggest Chinatowns in the country, so I don't think this is only happening in the places I've been to in Cali.

For the same reason a German guy who immigrated to America wouldn't say he's a Franconian. He'd know that outside of Europe, most people don't know what Franconia is.

Intersectionality is definitely a thing and identity is complicated. My point is that race plays the most important role in collective identities, even though people are usually more conscious of their ethnicity.
    The African guy you mentioned can identify and self-segregate as Igbo in Nigeria, but if Nigeria became multiracial like America, he'd just be black. His Igbo heritage would pale in comparison to the difference between the racial groups.
    Of course I see that, but only one of us sees the other I spoke about as well.....

Good, so you are aware........

No, race plays the most important role for you, not everyone else.... Does that play in the Nigeria example?? NO, it does not, they are all of the same race..

Race-Do not some Asians look down up other "Asians" Whites do the same to other whites etc etc etc??

6. #201 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,109 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

Of course I see that, but only one of us sees the other I spoke about as well.....

Good, so you are aware........

No, race plays the most important role for you, not everyone else.... Does that play in the Nigeria example?? NO, it does not, they are all of the same race..

Race-Do not some Asians look down up other "Asians" Whites do the same to other whites etc etc etc??
    I hope that you get over hating me because this is a good post.

You are clearly depositing quality.

+1 2 U
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

7. #202 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

I don't agree, race, religion, politics, sex, whatever are mere excuses men use to separate themselves from others & occasionally use to justify their indecencies towards others..

Look @ the fools here, mostly of the same race wishing death & disease on each other. Problem isn't race or any of that, it's them, man~women=us......

Do you realize how old Switzerland is??

That is old thinking IMHO........ Cooperation is the future as epitomized by Singapore, @ least IMHO....

ASEAN is a classic example as well... Many ethnic, racial, religious groups all working together for common good, who would of thunk it??? Kinda the opposite of good races in Europe killing each other off every so often & causing repeated world wars......
    I support the 'idea' of 'Dia De La Raza', where we are all one. But it's so easy to pick examples from around the world to point at. Palestinians, Kurds, Muslim Uyghurs in China, even Catholics and Protestants in Ireland. Look at here at home. Black Americans refer to themselves as 'African-Americans'. Seems purposefully divisional. Blacks have a hatred of Whites for the Slavery issue, even though that has been resolved. When I first came to the South, I remember sticking out my hand and saying "Hello, Brother". And the guy responded with "When I fuck your wife, mother, daughter, and sister for the next 400 years, then we'll be 'Brothers'. Sooooo, ... that kind of gave me the 'gut feeling' of Blacks in the South about the average white person. Not a lot I, the average white person, can do about that.

I've lost my hope for a 'unified' USA with this new understanding and now view it as a long term goal with the eventual interbreeding of the various groups to be what solves the problem.

8. #203 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,448 Times in 52,464 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Beautiful county.lol

Unfortunately many do take it for granted, & they are some of the ones bitching the loudest..
    Agreed. I do believe they are a minority in the population...even if they seem common on the Interwebs.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

9. #204 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I've seen people of all races who don't self-segregate, but those are outliers. It's also more of a sliding scale than whether they do or don't.

Does that play in the Nigeria example?? NO, it does not, they are all of the same race..
    Of course it does. In a black country, his ethnicity matters the most. But in a multiracial country, his race matters the most. This means that race matters the most until you take race out of the equation. It makes sense. There are differences between Igbos and Yorubas, but they pale in comparison to the differences between Whites and Blacks. So the ethnic differences only matter in a racially homogeneous society.

Do not some Asians look down up other "Asians" Whites do the same to other whites etc etc etc??
    Sure, because race isn't the only thing that matters when it comes to collective identities. People also fight over everything from ethnicity to religion. But race is clearly the most important factor. Throughout American history, there was self-segregation and fighting between various white ethnicities, but eventually all of these ethnicities just became white Americans. This didn't happen with non-white races, which never really became American and continue to self-segregate. There was also no large-scale segregation based on ethnicity. After the Irish, the Southern Europeans, and the Eastern Europeans were here for a few generations, there was no huge effort to keep them out of white-only spaces. And I don't just mean legally. After forced segregation ended, white people fought for the right to have white-only spaces and that fight never ended.

10. #205 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I hope that you get over hating me because this is a good post.

You are clearly depositing quality.

+1 2 U
    Thank you.

I don't hate anyone..

We have many agreements & a few disagreements which we can both live w/...

A message board is an imperfect realm to work things out & convey thoughts & ideas & my bad if I gave that impression......

11. #206 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I support the 'idea' of 'Dia De La Raza', where we are all one. But it's so easy to pick examples from around the world to point at. Palestinians, Kurds, Muslim Uyghurs in China, even Catholics and Protestants in Ireland. Look at here at home. Black Americans refer to themselves as 'African-Americans'. Seems purposefully divisional. Blacks have a hatred of Whites for the Slavery issue, even though that has been resolved. When I first came to the South, I remember sticking out my hand and saying "Hello, Brother". And the guy responded with "When I fuck your wife, mother, daughter, and sister for the next 400 years, then we'll be 'Brothers'. Sooooo, ... that kind of gave me the 'gut feeling' of Blacks in the South about the average white person. Not a lot I, the average white person, can do about that.

I've lost my hope for a 'unified' USA with this new understanding and now view it as a long term goal with the eventual interbreeding of the various groups to be what solves the problem.
    IMHO I believe ppl have always & always will divide themselves-separate themselves from others, it is a choice they make-the reasons are projections..

Rather than pick apart all of those, lets look @ just a few-The dear brother didn't want to shake your hand, there was maybe thousands or millions that would have loved to do so. Sounds to me that brother has the problem, don't make it yours.....

Oddly enough, or not, many of those ppl come here & bring those problems-hates & all that...... Their children don't care as much, & their grandchildren are prob just like WTF??

Muslim Uyghurs in China gets lots of play here "now"..... When the commies were more our friends that didn't seem to matter much did it?? Then we were like the rest of the planet, including Muslim states & their kin just over their boarders..

I know of no Muslim state complaining about it, do you?? Kinda makes yea wonder

We are kinda bombarded w/ info everyday & we need to try to come to our own conclusions, not those of others..

You know the one about the cat that sat on a hot stove lid.......... He learned the wrong lesson..

When that man refused to shake your hand, for whatever reason?? He certainly seems to be a jerk..

But hopefully you didn't then refuse to shake hands or hesitate as a result~having others come to mistaken conclusions about you..

12. #207 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Agreed. I do believe they are a minority in the population...even if they seem common on the Interwebs.
    Me too.......

13. #208 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I've seen people of all races who don't self-segregate, but those are outliers. It's also more of a sliding scale than whether they do or don't.

Of course it does. In a black country, his ethnicity matters the most. But in a multiracial country, his race matters the most. This means that race matters the most until you take race out of the equation. It makes sense. There are differences between Igbos and Yorubas, but they pale in comparison to the differences between Whites and Blacks. So the ethnic differences only matter in a racially homogeneous society.

Sure, because race isn't the only thing that matters when it comes to collective identities. People also fight over everything from ethnicity to religion. But race is clearly the most important factor. Throughout American history, there was self-segregation and fighting between various white ethnicities, but eventually all of these ethnicities just became white Americans. This didn't happen with non-white races, which never really became American and continue to self-segregate. There was also no large-scale segregation based on ethnicity. After the Irish, the Southern Europeans, and the Eastern Europeans were here for a few generations, there was no huge effort to keep them out of white-only spaces. And I don't just mean legally. After forced segregation ended, white people fought for the right to have white-only spaces and that fight never ended.
    is this a fact or merely your opinion~PROJECTION.....

This is obviously paramount to you~you are projecting that on everyone else-you don't know what a billion other ppl think

14. #209 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

is this a fact or merely your opinion~PROJECTION.....
    It's a fact which your own example helped to prove. When race isn't a factor, ethnicity matters the most. When race is a factor, then it matters more than ethnicity.

15. #210 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It's a fact which your own example helped to prove. When race isn't a factor, ethnicity matters the most. When race is a factor, then it matters more than ethnicity.
    matters most to who->YOU!!!