Members banned from this thread: CharacterAssassin

Thread: Woman Killed By Police For While Sleeping Black, What An Idiotic Narrative

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,986 Times in 2,762 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 178 Times in 173 Posts

Unhappy Woman Killed By Police For While Sleeping Black, What An Idiotic Narrative

The problem in this case was obviously the concept of "no knock" search warrants, one of the rare times conservative Supreme Court justices got it wrong. The idiotic liberal media's attempt to make this case about race is just plain pathetic. Race had zero to do with this woman's tragic death. It was a direct result of the foolish policy of allowing police to break down someone's door without announcing that they are police officers. When your door is unexpectedly broken down, you should be able to presume it's a criminal and engage in self defense.

Breonna Taylor, a 26-year-old EMT worker in Louisville, Ky., was shot in her bed after midnight on March 13 by three police officers serving a “no-knock warrant,” becoming another statistic in the long list of African-Americans people who should have been notified police were about to break down their doors and someone acted in self defense killed at the hands of police. What makes the case unusual is that Taylor was a woman.
    Talk about missing the point!

Police said the suspect had used the address where Taylor lived with her boyfriend, Kenneth Walker, to receive packages in the mail. No drugs were found in the apartment, and neither Taylor nor Walker has an arrest record.
    ...the police forced their way in and “were immediately met by gunfire...

...The shot was fired by Walker, who, according to his lawyer, was licensed to have a firearm and fired in self-defense, believing the intruders were burglars. Walker has been charged with first-degree assault and attempted murder of a police officer...
    The guy is being charged for defending his home from what a reasonable person would assume was a home invasion. And the idiot media thinks it's about race!
    Total fucking horseshit!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/asleep-wh...210858395.html

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sirthinksalot For This Post:

AProudLefty (05-13-2020), Grokmaster (05-13-2020), Irish (05-13-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,784 Times in 17,103 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,343 Times in 2,262 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    The problem in this case was obviously the concept of "no knock" search warrants, one of the rare times conservative Supreme Court justices got it wrong. The idiotic liberal media's attempt to make this case about race is just plain pathetic. Race had zero to do with this woman's tragic death. It was a direct result of the foolish policy of allowing police to break down someone's door without announcing that they are police officers. When your door is unexpectedly broken down, you should be able to presume it's a criminal and engage in self defense.

Talk about missing the point!

The guy is being charged for defending his home from what a reasonable person would assume was a home invasion. And the idiot media thinks it's about race!
    Total fucking horseshit!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/asleep-wh...210858395.html
    The author is black.

But anyway yes I agree. This is pretty dumb and I hope the family get the justice they deserve.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

Sirthinksalot (05-13-2020)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,986 Times in 2,762 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 178 Times in 173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    The author is black.
    Probably TTQ64

But anyway yes I agree. This is pretty dumb and I hope the family get the justice they deserve.
    Agreed. I couldn't believe it when no knock warrants were found Constitutional by the SCOTUS. A terrible abuse of our rights IMO.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sirthinksalot For This Post:

AProudLefty (05-13-2020)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    Probably TTQ64

Agreed. I couldn't believe it when no knock warrants were found Constitutional by the SCOTUS. A terrible abuse of our rights IMO.
    Agreed. I’d think it would have to be an extreme situation for a no knock warrant to be justifiable. And this was nowhere close to extreme. I don’t own a gun but if I did I’d do exactly what this lady did and grab it to protect myself if I thought someone was breaking into my home.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

AProudLefty (05-13-2020), Sirthinksalot (05-13-2020)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,265 Times in 3,123 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 266 Times in 254 Posts

The only thing the media cares about is identity politics. If this was a white lady, they wouldn't have even bothered to cover it. That's what's wrong with our country. We need to take the media back from the leftist mob.
    Keep changing the names. It doesn't change the meaning.

Abortion
    Pro-Choice
    Women's rights
    Women's Health

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish For This Post:

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    The only thing the media cares about is identity politics. If this was a white lady, they wouldn't have even bothered to cover it. That's what's wrong with our country. We need to take the media back from the leftist mob.
    It’s definitely a story worth covering they just chose to make it about race instead of the crappy policy.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,784 Times in 17,103 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,343 Times in 2,262 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    It’s definitely a story worth covering they just chose to make it about race instead of the crappy policy.
    The author is black.

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,265 Times in 3,123 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 266 Times in 254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Right, because EVERYTHING must come down to identity politics. Nothing else matter to our SJW media.
    Keep changing the names. It doesn't change the meaning.

Abortion
    Pro-Choice
    Women's rights
    Women's Health