Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: The Trump Death Clock

1. #136 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    True, Trump failed to lead, but he's not alone. Congress bears a lot of responsibility. We, the People also bear responsibility for letting our leaders get sloppy for the past 30 years.
    No, it's not "Congress", it's specifically just the GOP. They are the ones who coddled Trump. They are the ones who refused to remove him. They are the ones who cover for him. They are the ones who tow his line.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. #137 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,628 Times in 11,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    No, it was his responsibility to act responsibly and swiftly, and he didn't do that. Not that it was expected of him anyway, because he can't help but fail at everything. True responsibility lies with those who supported him, voted for him, defended him, and coddled him despite the warnings. As I've said, you can't expect a dung beetle to do anything more than haul dung, and you cannot expect a failed reality TV show host with six bankruptcies under his belt to rise to the moment in time of crisis.

That's the sad fact.
    Ok his response might have been slow but was it lack of information or incompetence? For all his faults Trump isn't stupid.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

Stretch (05-23-2020)

4. #138 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,832 Times in 17,264 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,598 Times in 4,276 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Ok his response might have been slow but was it lack of information or incompetence? For all his faults Trump isn't stupid.
    Do you watch his reporter talks with the sound off? Trump is actually quite stupid. He is intellectually and emotionally a teenager. He has a 5th-grade vocabulary and the same level of self-control.

5. #139 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    No, as a result of the failed response to the pandemic. Trump can't help himself but fail at everything. This crisis proves what everyone was warning about, that was ignored.

It's not at that anymore, is it? And furthermore, that rate of growth since the start of the tax cut was the slowest rate of DJIA growth since the Great Recession.

No, we are in a recession thanks to the failed response to the pandemic.

And we were headed for a recession even before this crisis; manufacturing was already in a recession before COVID started:

US manufacturing plunges deeper into recession
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/03/econo...urn/index.html
    No, as a result of the failed response to the pandemic. Trump can't help himself but fail at everything. This crisis proves what everyone was warning about, that was ignored.
    I will grant that Trump bobbled the response but it has not been a failure. Trump was doing good with the economy till the pandemic hit.

t's not at that anymore, is it? And furthermore, that rate of growth since the start of the tax cut was the slowest rate of DJIA growth since the Great Recession.
    I have already debunked that bullshit repeating it doesn't make it true. The Dow is over 24,000 up 68 points so far this morning. the S&P 500 and NASDQ are both down right now.

No, we are in a recession thanks to the (failed response BS) to the pandemic.
    Our economy is contracting due to the pandemic nothing would have stopped it even if Trump hadn't bobbled the response.

6. #140 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Ok his response might have been slow but was it lack of information or incompetence?
    Fair enough... IMHO it was a bit of both...

There are lots of posts/threads laying out the chronology of events & the trump establishment responses~everyone can come to their own conclusions..

Sadly most ppl here don't come to a conclusion but rather glean what they believe is favorable to their cause, ignore anything contrary & run w/ that..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

7. #141 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,669 Times in 17,927 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

PoliTalker:

"Dive, market, DIVE!

Take DT down with you.

02-28-2020, 06:47 AM #5 | Top
    PoliTalker

"Sometimes things have to get worse before they can get better.

We're going down.

BZZZZZT! BZZZZZT! BZZZZZT!

Dive! Dive! Dive!"

8. #142 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Fair enough... IMHO it was a bit of both...

There are lots of posts/threads laying out the chronology of events & the trump establishment responses~everyone can come to their own conclusions..

Sadly most ppl here don't come to a conclusion but rather glean what they believe is favorable to their cause, ignore anything contrary & run w/ that..
    Very true. For the most part I try to be fair but when it becomes Trump is the cause of every human misery (exaggeration to make a point) I have to defend him.

9. #143 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Very true. For the most part I try to be fair but when it becomes Trump is the cause of every human misery (exaggeration to make a point) I have to defend him.
    You do, one of the reasons I like & respect you & your opinions, the country & JPP need more ppl like you..........
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

10. #144 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Actually, since we could compare the USA response to any other country, how do we stack up against a country that had a lot more of a threat from COVID-19 than the USA?

How does our response stack up against Taiwan? Taiwan was right in the crosshairs of this disease. Taiwan has a strong volume of traffic daily back and forth from Wuhan. They can't mess around. When they got wind of this novel and highly contagious coronavirus they immediately sent a team to Wuhan to check it out. They verified the worst case and Taiwanese government took immediate and stringent action. Every individual coming in from anywhere has to quarantine for 2 weeks and check their temperature regularly. The government arranged for food to be brought to them, and provided them with 14 masks, gloves and sterilization kit. They were to log their temperature and check in regularly.

Sounds extreme, but it worked. Taiwan has had only 7 deaths. Total. That's it. 7. They have a total of 440 cases, all being treated or monitored. They have a death rate of 0.3 deaths per million people on the island of 23 million people. The USA, on the other hand, has had 82,555 deaths for a death rate of 249 deaths for every million people in the nation.

How many times worse is our death rate than Taiwan's? Let's do the math comparing the deaths-per-million rates of the two nations:

249/0.3 = 830.

This shows that the USA's response to the Coronavirus has been 830 times worse than Taiwan's.

Who is responsible for this terrible leadership?

We know who, and we need to vote him OUT by mail, long before November 3rd to allow time for the mail, seeing as how the USPS is also under attack by you know who.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

11. #145 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

HOW MANY PEOPLE DIED WHEN THOSE FUCKING DUNCES CRAMMED INFECTED PEOPLE INTO SENIOR CARE FACILITIES, TO INFECT EVERYONE THERE ???? WHILE THOUSANDS OF BEDS THE PRESIDENT PROVIDED WENT UNUSED AT THE JAVITZ CENTER AND THE USNS THAT WAS SENT THERE JUST FOR THAT PURPOSE???

New York Mandates Nursing Homes Take Covid-19 Patients Discharged From Hospitals

State cites urgent need to expand hospital capacity; doctors group says decision ‘represents a clear and present danger to all of the residents of a nursing home.’

https://www.wsj.com/articles/new-yor...ls-11585228215
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

12. #146 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

New Columbia University Study blames thousands of unnecessary deaths on poor leadership:

Social Distancing 1 Week Earlier Would Have Saved 36,000 Americans
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

13. #147 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,340 Times in 8,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    For all his faults Trump isn't stupid.
    See that is where we disagree. I find trump extremely stupid.

14. #148 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The current number.

Amazing.

That number is very close to the one from the Columbia University Study, if social distancing had been begun just two weeks earlier.

15. #149 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

States ordered nursing homes to take COVID-19 residents. Thousands died. Here’s what happened

On March 29, as New York and other states began ordering nursing homes to admit medically stable residents infected with the coronavirus, national trade groups warned it could unnecessarily cost more lives.
    The health directives put “frail and older adults who reside in nursing homes at risk” and would “result in more people going to the hospital and more deaths,” the American Health Care Association and affiliates said at the time.
    A month later, it appears government officials should have heeded the dire call to pursue different pandemic emergency plans.

The deadly virus has spread like wildfire through many nursing homes across the Northeast, and state officials are scrambling to better protect those most vulnerable to COVID-19, the disease caused by the virus.
    The death toll is devastating:

At least 3,043 people have died inside New York nursing homes due to COVID-19 complications, or about 17% of the state’s 18,015 deaths as of Wednesday.

In Pennsylvania, about 65% of coronavirus deaths were nursing-home residents, and New Jersey had 3,200 residents of long-term care homes die due to complications from the virus, about 40% of the statewide total.

About 58% of the deaths in Delaware lived in nursing homes, and 46% of the fatalities in Maryland were at nursing homes, prompting Gov. Larry Hogan to order residents and staff members at nursing homes be tested for coronavirus.

Meanwhile, advocates and residents’ relatives have criticized state and federal officials, as well as some nursing homes, for failing to address the crisis as deaths mounted.

“To have a mandate that nursing homes accept COVID-19 patients has put many people in grave danger,” said Richard Mollot, executive director of the Long Term Care Community Coalition in New York.

“We know facilities have a lot of infection-control problems, we know that facilities have low staff, so what do you think was going to happen when the staff were further strained in caring for these patients?”

Rhinebeck, New York.
    McGoldrick, a former teacher, was infected shortly after a fellow nursing home resident was re-admitted from a hospital in late March, Cole said.
    The nursing home staff said the other resident didn’t have COVID-19 when re-admitted but didn’t provide many other details about the case, she added.

“The whole thing has just been handled awfully ... by everybody in regard to nursing homes,” she said. “It’s like a slaughterhouse at these places.”

https://www.recordonline.com/news/20...-what-happened
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Grokmaster For This Post:

Stretch (05-23-2020)

17. #150 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    They collectively forget that in January, the U.S. made 2 attempts to bring a U.S. science/medical team to China. THEY refused to allow us to come!
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

Eagle_Eye (05-24-2020)