1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,494 Times in 7,584 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Anyone over 60 in the joint?
    Me for one. One of the waiters looked old, really old. Felt bad for him, someone that stage in life working as a waiter.
    Neighborhood swimming pool opened Monday. Really missed my lap swims and workouts. No masks.
    Last edited by anonymoose; 05-23-2020 at 11:37 PM.

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,109 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Me for one. One of the waiters looked old, really old. Felt bad for him, someone that stage in life working as a waiter.
    Neighborhood swimming pool opened Monday. Really missed my lap swims and workouts. No masks.
    This is the sort of thing that drives me Bat Shit Crazy....you had to talk to him, you had to learn something of his life before you had a right to feel sorry for him.

You owe him at least that.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Most of the masks ppl wear here are cloth... How could someone have a mask like that over their mouth & nose & swim??
    How could you even breath??

I'm sure all the old ladies miss ogling you pool side, you better pack your shower shoes & speedo tonight so you're ready for tomorrow..........lol
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Just returned from the MatSu Valley , Alaska where we played a round of golf then to our favorite brewhouse for pizza and a beer. Everything back to normal. Wait staff not even wearing masks.
    When will you be in Wash??
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

5. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,494 Times in 7,584 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    When will you be in Wash??
    On hold with corona and all. Not much for sale. Sept. at earliest but will wait it out until a house we like becomes available. We can always run to Hawaii for a month or two or three. Or 12.

6. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

LOL... That is a nice option...

Time is on your side..

7. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    My wife and I took the plunge. Our favorite local restaurant re-opened their patio and bar area for dinner and drinks. The best way to describe the experience is 'surreal'. Everyone was wearing masks (including us, until the meal was serverd). Half of the tables were unavailable. The place was about 25% of the normal Thursday happy hour crowd. I think this is the 'new normal' I felt safe, but I'm just not sure how the restaurant remains in business. I left a 50% tip because those restaurant workers are in a really tough spot. They need to work, but there are people that aren't concerned about their safety. Bottom line, this model will work to keep people relatively safe, but I just don't know how the restaurant can survive with that model. If it was more crowded, we would have just turned around and gone home. Very strange experience.
    '
    Welcome to the world of your creation. Fuckup!

8. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    If you think the Bistros and Burger joints are suffering- HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE THE OWNER OF A CHINESE BUFFET RIGHT NOW!

That industry may be done! POOF! GONE WITH THE WIND!
    The one here is gone. Done! After 30 years.

9. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,109 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

I went to three restaurants, 1 outside 2 inside, 1 Tacoma 2 Oly, 2 good 1 not. That's all she wrote from me. I once almost never went anywhere but great Seattle restaurants and bars but that is all over, I have not stepped into Seattle since the second week Nov 2019, and have no intention of doing so anytime soon.

I am now watching another wave of closings as small business owners give up in the face of continual hostility from government.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

10. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,262 Times in 7,145 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    The one here is gone. Done! After 30 years.
    Believe it or not, most of them survived around here. But, I'm done with them. I'm not going anywhere to eat where there are self-serving spoons that everyone coming and going is sharing, and kids are allowed to serve themselves running wild in the joint. No more Buffet's, Salad Bars, or all you can eat for me.

One thing that has shutdown here that I really enjoyed and now miss are our Cafeterias here in Dallas. There are no more Luby's operating, and Furr's Cafeteria chain shutdown, and now the best one- Highland Park Cafeteria has shutdown all of there locations. Not sure if we'll ever see them ever again, and they will be sorely missed by the mature crowd.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

Matt Dillon (09-30-2021)

12. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    Believe it or not, most of them survived around here. But, I'm done with them. I'm not going anywhere to eat where there are self-serving spoons that everyone coming and going is sharing, and kids are allowed to serve themselves running wild in the joint. No more Buffet's, Salad Bars, or all you can eat for me.

One thing that has shutdown here that I really enjoyed and now miss are our Cafeterias here in Dallas. There are no more Luby's operating, and Furr's Cafeteria chain shutdown, and now the best one- Highland Park Cafeteria has shutdown all of there locations. Not sure if we'll ever see them ever again, and they will be sorely missed by the mature crowd.
    I didn't even think you were American, but OK.. Yeah, Covid killed a lot of good things.