Members banned from this thread: katzgar


Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 143

Thread: Where does the US rank in testing.

  1. #121 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    26,404
    Thanks
    17,533
    Thanked 13,705 Times in 9,416 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 5,162 Times in 4,473 Posts

    Default

    Goodbye Hawkeye10,

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Curl up and die if that is what you need to do..I have a different idea.

    In my world the work must get done.

    Because I am not a moron.
    I am sorry. I have made myself perfectly clear about polite and respectful posting. And you know? I might have cut you just a little more slack if you had something more academic to contribute to the conversation. But your short little snappy come-backs fall way short of the intellectual discussions I seek.

    I do hope you have a good life. I am sure mine will be great without you in it. You've been asking for this: We are done. Go bother somebody else.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

  2. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

    Earl (05-05-2020)

  3. #122 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Olympia, Wa
    Posts
    22,886
    Thanks
    1,351
    Thanked 6,014 Times in 4,916 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 249 Times in 238 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Goodbye Hawkeye10,



    I am sorry. I have made myself perfectly clear about polite and respectful posting. And you know? I might have cut you just a little more slack if you had something more academic to contribute to the conversation. But your short little snappy come-backs fall way short of the intellectual discussions I seek.

    I do hope you have a good life. I am sure mine will be great without you in it. You've been asking for this: We are done. Go bother somebody else.
    Academic is what you need?

    Super, now I can be sure that you are not worth the time.
    Refusing to say what you know to be true because you are afraid of what others might think is the road to Hell.....You do know this!

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

    Earl (05-05-2020)

  5. #123 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    26,404
    Thanks
    17,533
    Thanked 13,705 Times in 9,416 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 5,162 Times in 4,473 Posts

    Default

    Hello Frank,

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    It was a joke.

    Look the word up...then get back to me.
    joke jōk►

    n.
    Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.
    n.
    A mischievous trick; a prank.
    n.
    Something that is of ludicrously poor quality.

    So, I am thinking that last definition is the one that applies here.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

  6. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

    Earl (05-05-2020)

  7. #124 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Olympia, Wa
    Posts
    22,886
    Thanks
    1,351
    Thanked 6,014 Times in 4,916 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 249 Times in 238 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Frank,



    joke jōk►

    n.
    Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.
    n.
    A mischievous trick; a prank.
    n.
    Something that is of ludicrously poor quality.

    So, I am thinking that last definition is the one that applies here.
    You have the temerity to question Frank?

    Just where do you think you are man?
    Refusing to say what you know to be true because you are afraid of what others might think is the road to Hell.....You do know this!

  8. #125 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    29,829
    Thanks
    45,744
    Thanked 12,992 Times in 10,038 Posts
    Groans
    29,738
    Groaned 1,873 Times in 1,755 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    PoliTalker:

    "Dive, market, DIVE!

    Take DT down with you.

    McCarthy said if you like this economy you must vote not to impeach.

    As if that had anything to do with guilt or innocence.

    Are we to now believe that if the corona virus hit the stock market earlier that DT would have been convicted?"


    02-28-2020, 06:47 AM #5 | Top
    PoliTalker


    "Sometimes things have to get worse before they can get better.

    We're going down.

    BZZZZZT! BZZZZZT! BZZZZZT!

    Dive! Dive! Dive!"

  9. #126 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Olympia, Wa
    Posts
    22,886
    Thanks
    1,351
    Thanked 6,014 Times in 4,916 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 249 Times in 238 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    PoliTalker:

    "Dive, market, DIVE!

    Take DT down with you.

    McCarthy said if you like this economy you must vote not to impeach.

    As if that had anything to do with guilt or innocence.

    Are we to now believe that if the corona virus hit the stock market earlier that DT would have been convicted?"


    02-28-2020, 06:47 AM #5 | Top
    PoliTalker


    "Sometimes things have to get worse before they can get better.

    We're going down.

    BZZZZZT! BZZZZZT! BZZZZZT!

    Dive! Dive! Dive!"
    We are in a Deep Dive towards BIG PAIN....is this something that you know?

    I am more than a little wasted just now.
    Refusing to say what you know to be true because you are afraid of what others might think is the road to Hell.....You do know this!

  10. #127 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    17,113
    Thanks
    9,611
    Thanked 8,887 Times in 5,578 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 846 Times in 810 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Frank,



    joke jōk►

    n.
    Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.
    n.
    A mischievous trick; a prank.
    n.
    Something that is of ludicrously poor quality.

    So, I am thinking that last definition is the one that applies here.
    I'm sorry...I stopped after reading, "...I am thinking."

    I realize then that you understood a joke.
    TIME FOR A NEW START. LET US TRULY MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.

  11. #128 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    26,404
    Thanks
    17,533
    Thanked 13,705 Times in 9,416 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 5,162 Times in 4,473 Posts

    Default

    Hello Frank.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    I'm sorry...I stopped after reading, "...I am thinking."

    I realize then that you understood a joke.
    I understand we have one in the White House...............
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

  12. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

    Earl (05-05-2020)

  13. #129 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    29,829
    Thanks
    45,744
    Thanked 12,992 Times in 10,038 Posts
    Groans
    29,738
    Groaned 1,873 Times in 1,755 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    We are in a Deep Dive towards BIG PAIN....is this something that you know?

    I am more than a little wasted just now.
    I know that the deaths and economic loss caused by the virus from China that China failed to contain has caused death and economic loss to millions of Americans and their families.

    That I know,

  14. #130 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    29,829
    Thanks
    45,744
    Thanked 12,992 Times in 10,038 Posts
    Groans
    29,738
    Groaned 1,873 Times in 1,755 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Frank.



    I understand we have one in the White House...............
    You were not joking when you posted this:

    PoliTalker:

    "Dive, market, DIVE!

    Take DT down with you



    02-28-2020, 06:47 AM #5 | Top
    PoliTalker


    "Sometimes things have to get worse before they can get better.

    We're going down.

    BZZZZZT! BZZZZZT! BZZZZZT!

    Dive! Dive! Dive!"

  15. #131 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Olympia, Wa
    Posts
    22,886
    Thanks
    1,351
    Thanked 6,014 Times in 4,916 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 249 Times in 238 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    I know that the deaths and economic loss caused by the virus from China that China failed to contain has caused death and economic loss to millions of Americans and their families.

    That I know,
    And has driven a global Depression...which is so Not Cool!
    Refusing to say what you know to be true because you are afraid of what others might think is the road to Hell.....You do know this!

  16. #132 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    34,467
    Thanks
    205
    Thanked 14,847 Times in 10,346 Posts
    Groans
    4,185
    Groaned 3,370 Times in 3,132 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    I know that the deaths and economic loss caused by the virus from China that China failed to contain has caused death and economic loss to millions of Americans and their families.

    That I know,
    You also must know that trump mishandled it all. We still do not have the tests that trump claimed we had months ago He lies.

  17. #133 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gone to the mattresses
    Posts
    22,458
    Thanks
    1,135
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    874
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Tests per 1 million population, we are not even in the top 30 countries. So that BS about us being 'the best at testing' is just that.

    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

    Discuss.
    you lie

  18. #134 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    17,113
    Thanks
    9,611
    Thanked 8,887 Times in 5,578 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 846 Times in 810 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    You also must know that trump mishandled it all. We still do not have the tests that trump claimed we had months ago He lies.
    Yo, Nordberg...

    ...what in the name of the gods has Earl ever said that lead you to think he might also know Trump mishandled anything?

    If Trump told Earl that he wanted to take a dump on Earl's living room floor, Earl would probably ask, "Would you like a blow job while doing that?"
    TIME FOR A NEW START. LET US TRULY MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.

  19. #135 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    48,981
    Thanks
    81,236
    Thanked 38,826 Times in 24,693 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 4,024 Times in 3,774 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Well, prepare yourself for awesomeness because it’s probably coming lol.

    We don’t need ‘most’ we just need a significant number.
    For herd immunity you need at least 80%, which is close to MOST. Depends on the R0 of the particular virus. With measles, for example, you really need ~95% of the population immune/vaccinated for herd immunity. Without test, we are just guessing at the R0 of the COVID-19 virus.

    https://www.healthline.com/health/he...y#how-it-works
    “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” -- Gandhi

Similar Threads

  1. RANK RELIGIONS
    By BRUTALITOPS in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-28-2017, 06:52 AM
  2. Rank hypocrisy
    By Guns Guns Guns in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-26-2011, 11:52 AM
  3. GOP-mandated drug testing primarily benefits the testing industry
    By Guns Guns Guns in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-30-2011, 01:58 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •