Thanks
    Thanked 5,733 Times in 4,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,291 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal
    Jeez!
    Sometimes your proud ignorance astonishes me.....the internet does NOT replace port of call for Trade, you simpleton. If you actually got your head out of Limbaugh's ass (or whatever right wing toilet you're in), you'd have READ CAREFULLY AND COMPREHENSIVELY HOW THE LINK SHOWS THE EVOLUTION TO TODAY'S SYSTEM!

The owners of the stock exchange could have electronically relocate anytime they wanted to in the last 25 years or more. They choose NOT to. The reasons why are obvious to the objective, rational reader. Pity you don't fit into that category. Carry on.
    sorry, chump...what happened in the last 25 years doesn't change the fact that none of the business you refer to is done in person......it can be done as easily between a person in Topeka, Kansas and Madrid, Spain.......NYC is no longer relevant to business.......
    Even parrots learn....you don't. Your insipid stubbornness coupled with your knee jerk rejection of history makes for fools errand in a discussion/debate using valid documented facts and the logic derived from them. Clearly, your opinion means more to you than the concrete evidence that belies it. Typical MAGA hat wearer. Go debate how many angels can dance on a pinhead with TD, my man....you mentality is well suited for that. I'm done here with you, and you can blather your predictable response free from the fear of response.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Given the City and State already have a hefty sales tax I don’t know if a transaction tax is going to fly
    Why not? It's not as if the two are exactly compatible. Wall St. investors often bitch about things NOT because they can afford to pay, but just because they don't want to be made to do something by the "little people". Yet they want to all those nifty services the "little people" provide.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post

As with all right wing wonks, you depend upon generalized statements and hope no one reads the fine print:

1. For your education: https://www.cbpp.org/research/federa...-bush-tax-cuts

2. Quit babbling man! You clearly make a declarative statement that you CLAIM is directly attributed to a quote. As he chronology of the posts shows, NO SUCH quote exists. But if you insist on lying that it does, then perhaps you could skip the fantasy and explain here. Or you can continue to blow smoke up Truth Detector's ass. The reading audience awaits.

/bitch slap to the left cheek.....

tax cuts.....

/bitch slap to the right cheek....

went to......

/bitch slap to the left cheek.....

everyone......

/bitch slap to the right cheek....

who paid.....

/picks Touchielib'rul up off the ground and slaps him again.....

taxes!......

and the chronology of the fucking posts shows that all of your posts are lies.....
    And as the reader can see, when properly challenged with FACTS and valid documentation that proves him wrong, PMP just babbles like a petulant child. Once again, he's proven to be a nothing but a waste of time and space worthy of occupying the IA bin. I leave him to follow me around for the next few month's like a bitch in heat yearning for attention.

George Orwell

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,976 Times in 32,291 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Even parrots learn....you don't. Your insipid stubbornness coupled with your knee jerk rejection of history makes for fools errand in a discussion/debate using valid documented facts and the logic derived from them. Clearly, your opinion means more to you than the concrete evidence that belies it. Typical MAGA hat wearer. Go debate how many angels can dance on a pinhead with TD, my man....you mentality is well suited for that. I'm done here with you, and you can blather your predictable response free from the fear of response.
    none of that is relevant to your errors.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,976 Times in 32,291 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

And as the reader can see, when properly challenged with FACTS and valid documentation that proves him wrong, PMP just babbles like a petulant child. Once again, he's proven to be a nothing but a waste of time and space worthy of occupying the IA bin. I leave him to follow me around for the next few month's like a bitch in heat yearning for attention.
    your link doesn's contradict the fact that everyone who paid taxes got a tax cut.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

6. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Obviously, you don't have the courage to gain knowledge of a subject you comment on. Here, for your education; https://www.brookings.edu/policy2020...saction-tax-2/

You've been following me around for about a year moaning about any and everything I post. I took you out of IA to see if you have any legitimate and logical/rational contrary views to debate. The sheer dishonesty and stupidity of your response here shows you haven't moved on from being a willfully ignorant right wing troll.
    1. Appeal to authority (and I use that term lightly)
    2. Ad hom.

7. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Which HE did, genius. NOTHING in the OP refers to race. Stop being a knee jerk right wing clown and THINK beyond what Hannity and company tell you.
    You're the one who tossed the race card. It's your M. O....

8. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

And we were sure happy about that!
    How's that Covid thing treating y'all?

9. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post

Obviously, you don't have the courage to gain knowledge of a subject you comment on. Here, for your education; https://www.brookings.edu/policy2020...saction-tax-2/

You've been following me around for about a year moaning about any and everything I post. I took you out of IA to see if you have any legitimate and logical/rational contrary views to debate. The sheer dishonesty and stupidity of your response here shows you haven't moved on from being a willfully ignorant right wing troll.

1. Appeal to authority (and I use that term lightly)
    2. Ad hom.
    As the reader can see, Dark Soul cannot logically or factually debate any information that contradicts his world view....so Dark Soul just babbles nonsense. He's done.

George Orwell

10. The Following User Groans At Taichiliberal For This Awful Post:

MAGA MAN (05-20-2020)

11. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Which HE did, genius. NOTHING in the OP refers to race. Stop being a knee jerk right wing clown and THINK beyond what Hannity and company tell you.
    You're the one who tossed the race card. It's your M. O....
    Prove it! Show the reader the very first post where I "tossed the race card" in no uncertain terms. If you can't, that just makes you another intellectually bankrupt right wing troll who tries to change the subject when you can't disprove a point you don't like. We'll wait.

George Orwell

12. The Following User Groans At Taichiliberal For This Awful Post:

MAGA MAN (05-20-2020)

13. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

How's that Covid thing treating y'all?
    Thanks to your orange god's criminal inept leadership, we're the epicenter....yet, unlike you, NY folk are tough and will make it. We just need our leadership to stop kowtowing to the money folk, and get up off that Wall St. money.

Glad you're not in NYC....one less POS to deal with.

George Orwell

14. The Following User Groans At Taichiliberal For This Awful Post:

MAGA MAN (05-20-2020)

15. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,832 Times in 17,264 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,600 Times in 4,277 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    NYC and NYS are headed for a certain crash...Y/N
    The old NY is headed for disaster trick. it never gets old.Trump is the president and totally fucked up with Corona. There is nobody who deserves more blame.

16. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 15 Times in 11 Posts

Every day the mayor of New York City and governor of New York state do a broadcast to update the citizenry of the progress against Covid-19, and proposals as to what will be done to help New York recover socially and economically. A lot of fireside chat blathering, etc., etc

Okay, when I hear these two words from either NYC mayor #DeBlasio or NYC governor #AndrewCuomo, then I'll know they're serious about saving New York jobs. The two words; TRANSACTION TAX!
    NY is a Fascist state !!!
    Run by the “ Pizza/Pasta “ Stalin , himself

17. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

As the reader can see, Dark Soul cannot logically or factually debate any information that contradicts his world view....so Dark Soul just babbles nonsense. He's done.
    I just pointed out two logical fallacies in your argument, and then you post that. LOL

18. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Prove it! Show the reader the very first post where I "tossed the race card" in no uncertain terms. If you can't, that just makes you another intellectually bankrupt right wing troll who tries to change the subject when you can't disprove a point you don't like. We'll wait.
    You did here:
    Witoldpilecki has a serious David Duke wanna-be thing going on. Repulsive, isn't it?
    LOL