Thread: Heretic Here

1. #166 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    However , there are right leaning truth tellers and left leaning ones.
    Maybe I'll start a thread in the War Zone on this someday - The Truth Tellers. Maybe even with a poll.
    IMHO those are views, not truths.....

We all start from different places, different experiences, knowledge, education etc etc etc...... That we may come to differing conclusions on some things is a given.........
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #167 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,492 Times in 7,583 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    IMHO those are views, not truths.....

We all start from different places, different experiences, knowledge, education etc etc etc...... That we may come to differing conclusions on some things is a given.........
    But you know as well as I that there's many political hacks here that have no interest in the truth.
    E.g., those that want the lockdown to continue yet complain about a bad economy. They know full well that a lockdown = unemployment, low productivity etc.
    There was a thread, anatta started it, where idiots were saying that restaurants should be creating wealth while doing delivery. They know full well that is disingenuous. Very few order delivery from a 5 star steak house.
    I do have a friend that is addicted to his favorite restaurant and orders delivery from there, dropping $100 for their house made turkey pot pie, mmm, mmm. But people like that are the few.

3. #168 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    But you know as well as I that there's many political hacks here that have no interest in the truth.
    E.g., those that want the lockdown to continue yet complain about a bad economy. They know full well that a lockdown = unemployment, low productivity etc.
    There was a thread, anatta started it, where idiots were saying that restaurants should be creating wealth while doing delivery. They know full well that is disingenuous. Very few order delivery from a 5 star steak house.
    I do have a friend that is addicted to his favorite restaurant and orders delivery from there, dropping $100 for their house made turkey pot pie, mmm, mmm. But people like that are the few.
    Have I ever denied that??

"In the beginning alGore created the internet & soon realized he was not alone, thus the ignore feature was born"..............
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

4. #169 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,109 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    So you are saying everyone is stupid for thinking Donald Trump is not suitable to be the president?

Is that what you are trying to imply?
    No.

Again, No.

5. #170 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What is it exactly you think they should listen to?? Are you expecting a result or outcome??
    That is a whole nother kettle of fish, one that I dont care to dive into just yet, I just got here and am taking a first look around.

If I keep getting banned from threads then I will not, the willfully ignorant cant help me.
    Last edited by Hawkeye10; 05-02-2020 at 04:21 PM.

6. #171 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    That is a whole nother kettle of fish, one that I dont care to dive into just yet, I just got here and am taking a first look around.

If I keep getting banned from threads then I will not, the willfully ignorant cant help me.
    Well I have no idea who banned you or why, but you're prob wasting time w/ them anyway.

Most don't want no stinking truth unless it suits their preconceived thoughts & biases anyway.......

If you find a board where that isn't so pls share it...........

7. #172 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Well I have no idea who banned you or why, but you're prob wasting time w/ them anyway.

Most don't want no stinking truth unless it suits their preconceived thoughts & biases anyway.......

If you find a board where that isn't so pls share it...........
    True that.

Jordan Peterson has said that the lack of interest in truth is the #1 thing that is killing the West, and I am coming round to that. During my lifetime so few people that I have been able to watch closely have been willing to pursue truth, have been willing to speak truth, and have been willing to put in the work it takes to figure out what the truth is. People have wanted easy, people have wanted fun, people have wanted to spend gobs of time fucking around. There are very few people of quality around that I can see, which is my main problem with the power of positive thinking folks..."Dont be so negative, we will get through this, we will be fine!".

Really, what is the basis for this, because to me this sounds like what Pollyanna would say.

8. #173 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

True that.

Jordan Peterson has said that the lack of interest in truth is the #1 thing that is killing the West, and I am coming round to that. During my lifetime so few people that I have been able to watch closely have been willing to pursue truth, have been willing to speak truth, and have been willing to put in the work it takes to figure out what the truth is. People have wanted easy, people have wanted fun, people have wanted to spend gobs of time fucking around. There are very few people of quality around that I can see, which is my main problem with the power of positive thinking folks..."Dont be so negative, we will get through this, we will be fine!".

Really, what is the basis for this, because to me this sounds like what Pollyanna would say.
    Apparently Bill and I know each other from way back, we have been talking....I dont know who he is just yet but I do see why I liked him ....which is apparently the case.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

9. #174 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,320 Times in 9,828 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

True that.

you quote j.peterson?

why do you gay/trans people?

10. #175 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    you quote j.peterson?

why do you gay/trans people?
    No, I did not quote Peterson.....you suck at following along dont ya....
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!