Thread: Corona Virus Peak Watch Thread

1. #1456 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Active cases have risen again.

Seems like every time we start to make some progress, people think it's OK to forget all about it and cause another setback.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-13-2020)

3. #1457 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,748 Times in 33,619 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post

Seems like every time we start to make some progress, people think it's OK to forget all about it and cause another setback.
    All the super spreader events and Labor Day!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-13-2020)

5. #1458 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Saturday

9-12

USA

Total Cases 6,676,601

New Cases +39,282

Total Deaths 198,128

New Deaths +707

Total Recovered 3,950,354

Active Cases 2,528,119

Serious, Critical 14,366

Tot Cases/1M pop 20,147

Deaths/1M pop 598

Total Tests 91,703,503

Tests/1M pop 276,720
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

moon (09-13-2020)

7. #1459 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Cases are rising even with masks being worn just about everywhere lol?

I saw where there’s something like 36,000 cases on college campuses but they never report on the rate of hospitalizations with the affected 19-24 year olds. Not sure why that is. Actually, I do know why that is.

Then there’s the bit about positive PCR tests ringing up outrageously high numbers of effectively false positives. That got memory holed. So when one hears about 36,000 cases on college campuses—what’s that actually mean?

At any rate, the Sun Belt proved spikes can be put in the rear view mirror without undo ‘inconvenience’ to affected economies and societies.

So, we press on. If it weren’t for the teachers unions the school kids could have at least a semblance of normalcy. Their lives and futures are literally being damaged—but not by the virus.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

8. #1460 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post

I saw where there’s something like 36,000 cases on college campuses but they never report on the rate of hospitalizations with the affected 19-24 year olds. Not sure why that is. Actually, I do know why that is.

Then there’s the bit about positive PCR tests ringing up outrageously high numbers of effectively false positives. That got memory holed. So when one hears about 36,000 cases on college campuses—what’s that actually mean?

At any rate, the Sun Belt proved spikes can be put in the rear view mirror without undo ‘inconvenience’ to affected economies and societies.

So, we press on. If it weren’t for the teachers unions the school kids could have at least a semblance of normalcy. Their lives and futures are literally being damaged—but not by the virus.
    When teachers die from COVID-19 that is most certainly an 'undue inconvenience.'

Deaths are more than an inconvenience. They are an end of life.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-13-2020)

10. #1461 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

When teachers die from COVID-19 that is most certainly an 'undue inconvenience.'

Darth doesn’t realize not everyone is practicing safety protocols, not everyone is wearing masks, social distancing or washing hands.

Trump held another super spreader last night. It was at least outside, but very few masks and no social distancing.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-13-2020)

12. #1462 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Hello Darth,

But statements like that are consistently made without any perspective.

During the H1N1 pandemic we actually losing kids and young people. Not as in anecdotes involving profound comorbid factors. We were losing *healthy* kids and young people to H1N1. No doubt, that included some teachers.

Where were the teachers unions then?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

13. #1463 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,002 Times in 8,266 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Deaths are beginning to rise again. A lot of the problem appears to be transmission by teenagers and people in their 20's. It is almost certainly getting worse.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Walt For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-13-2020), PoliTalker (09-13-2020)

15. #1464 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Deaths are beginning to rise again. A lot of the problem appears to be transmission by teenagers and people in their 20's. It is almost certainly getting worse.
    My daughter tried to go to a memorial service it was at a bar, the place was packed and hardly anyone was wearing masks. She could not believe it. She left.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-13-2020), Walt (09-13-2020)

17. #1465 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    My daughter tried to go to a memorial service, it was at a bar, the place was packed and hardly anyone was wearing masks. She could not believe it. She left.
    Americans are getting bored. Viruses do not get bored. Viruses just keep trying, without ever stopping.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Walt For This Post:

19. #1466 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    But statements like that are consistently made without any perspective.

During the H1N1 pandemic we actually losing kids and young people. Not as in anecdotes involving profound comorbid factors. We were losing *healthy* kids and young people to H1N1. No doubt, that included some teachers.

Where were the teachers unions then?
    Deaths at another time do not make these deaths any less of a concern. H1N1 deaths totaled far fewer than COVID-19.

We have an ongoing deadly pandemic that President Trump privately acknowledged is deadlier than the flu. We need strong consistent leadership. We didn't get that. People are dying needlessly.

20. #1467 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Phantasmal,

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    My daughter tried to go to a memorial service it was at a bar, the place was packed and hardly anyone was wearing masks. She could not believe it. She left.
    Oh how sad. Good call to leave.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-13-2020)

22. #1468 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Walt,

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Americans are getting bored. Viruses do not get bored. Viruses just keep trying, without ever stopping.
    This is no time to let our guard down. It is more widespread than ever. Two and a half million Americans are confirmed sick with this right now. How many more have it and don't know it? How many of them are walking around pretending there is no need for a mask?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-13-2020)

24. #1469 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

This is no time to let our guard down. It is more widespread than ever. Two and a half million Americans are confirmed sick with this right now. How many more have it and don't know it? How many of them are walking around pretending there is no need for a mask?
    That is the thing about viruses, they are simply relentless. We let our guard down, and they are attacking. We fail to vaccinate, and they are attacking.

Those in the Alt Right that say that viruses decide to stop "virusing" over time do not understand viruses.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Walt For This Post:

26. #1470 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,400 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,395 Times in 6,142 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Daft Omar View Post

Much of the population still believes that the virus isn't dangerous. This is largely due to people,. like yourself and the Mango Moron, downplaying its significance.
    Does your conscience twinge, just a little bit ?
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.