Thread: Corona Virus Peak Watch Thread

1. #841 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,089 Times in 33,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,080 Times in 4,696 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Agreed. Trump talks a good game but he couldn't lead a Girl Scout troop to MacDonald's.
    I spit my drink out. Agreed

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Doc Dutch (07-15-2020), ThatOwlWoman (07-15-2020)

3. #842 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Nordberg,

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    For every death, 19 people are hospitalized, 18 have permanent heart troubles,10 have lung damage, 3 have strokes and 2 have neurological damage. Those who walk out still have problems to deal with. Fixating on deaths is inadequate. We may have learned how to keep people alive. But there is much more to worry about.
    People are just not taking this seriously enough.

So hard to figure, coming out the 'tough guy' right.

Here, we find ourselves in a war not of our choosing, but one we must surely fight, and one that is currently kicking our you know what, and they don't want to fight it. Guns are useless weapons in this war, so they don't want to fight it with the only weapons we have. Masks, distancing, modified lifestyles to until we get it under control until we get a practical vaccine. And if the news is correct, all we have to do is hold out until January or so. They have one in the works. So we just need to buy time until then, keep on fighting the good fight, and they can't be bothered. Ignore it, downplay it, pretend it is no big deal, rant about personal rights, anything but get with the program and help their neighbors.

Because they won't fight, the death tolls rise.

We humans all need to watch each other's backs in this one, and they are letting down their end of the deal.

It's like the anti-masker, 'maskitude*' ones are actually on the side of the enemy, the coronavirus. Trying to help the enemy take more victims.

* maskitude: The attitude of the reluctant who have been forced by law to wear masks, but they don't want to. So they run around touching everything, getting far too close to others. It's like they are saying: 'OK you forced me to wear a mask but you can't force me to do anything else to stop the virus.'

Where did you find those stats you quoted? Got link?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #843 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Fortunately the death rate remains flat.
    And, we're never told by the CDC how many cases are actually confirmed vs suspected and probable. Convenient for the fearmongers.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

Earl (07-16-2020)

6. #844 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,328 Times in 53,234 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    And, we're never told by the CDC how many cases are actually confirmed vs suspected and probable. Convenient for the fearmongers.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-16-2020)

8. #845 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

November 2020?????????????????

And, which "confirmed" cases are actually "probable counted as "confirmed"?

Flat death rate as of TODAY'S date which is about a thousand........not the future.
    https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/d....&country=~USA
    Last edited by Stretch; 07-15-2020 at 03:51 PM.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

Earl (07-16-2020)

10. #846 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,361 Times in 52,411 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Why hasn't the President ordered the results to be made public? Is it because you think Trump is among the fearmongers?
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-16-2020), ThatOwlWoman (07-15-2020)

12. #847 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,328 Times in 53,234 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Why hasn't the President ordered the results to be made public? Is it because you think Trump is among the fearmongers?
    #COVID45 is terrified that the real numbers are even higher than what is being reported. Most epidemiologists and other public health experts agree that it is likely to be far higher than what the official counts are.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Doc Dutch (07-15-2020), PoliTalker (07-16-2020)

14. #848 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,361 Times in 52,411 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    #COVID45 is terrified that the real numbers are even higher than what is being reported. Most epidemiologists and other public health experts agree that it is likely to be far higher than what the official counts are.
    Which would be why he's hiding the numbers just like he ordered the tests to be slowed down. Anyone who believes the CDC is deliberately masking the numbers then gives Trump a pass on the CDC numbers is only fooling themselves.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (07-15-2020)

16. #849 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The CDC results are publicly accessible daily. Hopefully, with the new way coming up results will revert back to the way we started
    prior to April 14th; the way the rest of the world has done it consistently by breaking down results by suspected, probable and confirmed (by lab results)
    instead of rolling all 3 into one gigantic misleading number.
    We'll see. It's hard to get the horse back in the barn, as the saying goes.
    pain in abortion.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

Earl (07-16-2020)

18. #850 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Oh oh.

Bad day yesterday for the USA.

70k+ new cases and another 1K dead.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

19. #851 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

POVID wants to pretend the pandemic is over, but really it is surging.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (07-16-2020)

21. #852 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 98 Times in 90 Posts

It's all part of the New Republican Values(tm). Precious, precious fetuses are sacred. Existing human life... meh.

This has been their method of governance all along. Why do you think states are bidding for PPE? It's always about rape and pillage of the citizenry. It's capitalism unleashed.

22. The Following User Groans At Year Zero For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-16-2020)

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Year Zero For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (07-16-2020)

24. #853 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Which would be why he's hiding the numbers just like he ordered the tests to be slowed down. Anyone who believes the CDC is deliberately masking the numbers then gives Trump a pass on the CDC numbers is only fooling themselves.
    Why else the order to stop reporting to the CDC?

25. #854 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 98 Times in 90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Oh oh.

Bad day yesterday for the USA.

70k+ new cases and another 1K dead.
    Expect worse. Capital must be saved at all costs. First the republicunts asked us to sacrifice our elderly. Then they asked us to sacrifice our youthful front line workers they scorned as "unskilled labor." Now they're asking for our children to die for the dear leader's re-election.

Make no mistake; this is the logical second to last step of unfettered republicunt governance.

26. The Following User Groans At Year Zero For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-16-2020)

27. #855 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Wednesday

7-15, Special 2020 Tax Day for the pandemic...

USA

Total Cases 3,616,827

New Cases +71,750

Total Deaths 140,144

New Deaths +1,001

Total Recovered 1,645,962

Active Cases 1,830,721

Serious, Critical 16,459

Tot Cases/1M pop 10,924

Deaths/1M pop 423

Total Tests 44,846,166

Tests/1M pop 135,453