Page 51 of 343 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus Peak Watch Thread

1. #751 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Arizona has fewer than 200 ICU beds available as state health officials report more than 60,000 cases of coronavirus in Arizona.

"According to Arizona Department of Health Services, as of Thursday morning, there are 63,030 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state.

State data shows that coronavirus tests statewide are coming back at an 8.9% positive rate.

So far, 1,490 people are said to have died from coronavirus in Arizona.

There are 198 Adult Intensive Care Unit beds available in the state, or 12%, as of Wednesday, state data shows. There are currently 1,495 ICU beds, or 88%, in use."
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #752 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 611 Times in 582 Posts

Wear a mask!
    One thing I have learned.
    Compared to many other countries,many Americans are selfish pricks who only think about themselves.
    So many don't even protect their children.
    America is a washed culture.
    Lead by a selfish narcissistic monster
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason Melchizedek For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-07-2020)

4. #753 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The CDC ICU bed capacity dashboard shows Texas and Florida at less than 70% capacity.

What the heck gives? This government reporting does not match the News Reports and quotes of local hospital officials.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. #754 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-07-2020), ThatOwlWoman (07-07-2020)

7. #755 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,398 Times in 53,276 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    but isn't that just "symptomatic" cases? it has to be.
    It's called a cytokine storm
    https://www.cancer.gov/publications/...cytokine-storm

A severe immune reaction in which the body releases too many cytokines into the blood too quickly. Cytokines play an important role in normal immune responses, but having a large amount of them released in the body all at once can be harmful. A cytokine storm can occur as a result of an infection, autoimmune condition, or other disease. It may also occur after treatment with some types of immunotherapy. Signs and symptoms include high fever, inflammation (redness and swelling), and severe fatigue and nausea. Sometimes, a cytokine storm may be severe or life threatening and lead to multiple organ failure. Also called hypercytokinemia.
    Cytokine storm has nothing to do with what we were discussing, but thanks for your input.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

8. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-07-2020)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-07-2020)

10. #756 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    The CDC ICU bed capacity dashboard shows Texas and Florida at less than 70% capacity.

What the heck gives? This government reporting does not match the News Reports and quotes of local hospital officials.
    Hmm, interesting. Maybe CDC is taking *all* hospitals into consideration across a state, when in metro areas it is those hospitals that are reaching capacity? That, or their reported data lags behind by days.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-07-2020)

12. #757 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Cytokine storm has nothing to do with what we were discussing, but thanks for your input.
    A lot of medical experts are coming to see the virus as less a respiratory disease and more a vascular one. It causes incredible vessel damage throughout the body, including brain and the kidneys. I have a feeling that in 5-10 years time we are going to see a spike in cardiovascular disease among people in their 20s, 30s, and 40s because of this. Hopefully I am wrong.
    so a simple infection causes this?
    can you cite? because i think you are wrong
    -to get this massive damage the body would have to go into a severe case, which triggers the storm.

Cite and i'll look at it. TY as well

13. #758 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    so a simple infection causes this?
    can you cite? because i think you are wrong
    -to get this massive damage the body would have to go into a severe case, which triggers the storm.

Cite and i'll look at it. TY as well
    https://vascularnews.com/new-study-s...vessel-damage/

14. #759 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Bourbon,

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    Fantastic accounting of the BS campaign!

Thanks for posting that.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (07-07-2020)

16. #760 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

Hmm, interesting. Maybe CDC is taking *all* hospitals into consideration across a state, when in metro areas it is those hospitals that are reaching capacity? That, or their reported data lags behind by days.
    I think part of what is happening is that as normal capacity is filled, hospitals create overflow capacity. The CDC counts this newly created capacity in their estimates. Essentially, the goal posts are being moved real time.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (07-07-2020)

18. #761 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

I think part of what is happening is that as normal capacity is filled, hospitals create overflow capacity. The CDC counts this newly created capacity in their estimates. Essentially, the goal posts are being moved real time.
    As long as we're still able to move the goalposts it's a good thing. What happens though when we can't any longer?

19. #762 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

As long as we're still able to move the goalposts it's a good thing. What happens though when we can't any longer?
    EXACTLY!

Thank you!

I supposed the next step would be to use makeshift facilities. And even then, it becomes an issue of having the personnel to operate them. Where would the staff come from? Cuba?

20. #763 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,434 Times in 52,456 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Congress authorized the TSA and Bush signed it into law. It's not like it was just an EO. Bush did set up OHS which later became the DHS with very strong bilateral Congressional support. Naturally, all of that happened after the 911 attacks not before. No doubt the idea would have met stronger resistance before the attack.

We basically got caught with our pants down on 911, then we reacted to the tragedy by setting up an apparatus which could better deal with such a threat.....
    Hence my point. Americans were complacent despite threats going back over a decade. The first attack on the WTC was a big fucking clue, yet Clinton was more interested in getting his dick sucked and the Democratic Congress was busy turning Guns into Butter. The Republicans aren't blameless either. Newt and his horde brought an entirely new level of animosity to Washington DC in the mid-90s.

The point being that, while there is a lot of blame to go around on both parties for failures of leadership, We the People bear the majority of the blame for being narrow-minded, partisan and selfish.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-07-2020)

22. #764 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Hence my point. Americans were complacent despite threats going back over a decade. The first attack on the WTC was a big fucking clue, yet Clinton was more interested in getting his dick sucked and the Democratic Congress was busy turning Guns into Butter. The Republicans aren't blameless either. Newt and his horde brought an entirely new level of animosity to Washington DC in the mid-90s.

The point being that, while there is a lot of blame to go around on both parties for failures of leadership, We the People bear the majority of the blame for being narrow-minded, partisan and selfish.
    This is a whole discussion in it's own right.

I respond to this post in a new Thread:

American Complacency And Government Corruption

23. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-07-2020)

24. #765 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Dr. Scott Atlas disputes COVID-19 fear mongering tactics from our health officials
    Posted: July 2, 2020

Updated: 3:20 PM

KUSI Newsroom

SAN DIEGO (KUSI) – As coronavirus cases continue to increase across the United States, health officials and Democrat politicians seem to be using that statistic to fear monger and justify closure orders.

Dr. Scott Atlas of the Hoover Institute, discussed why we don’t need to be scared of the increase spread of coronavirus on Good Morning San Diego with KUSI’s Paul Rudy.

Atlas said that he has done more than a superficial analysis of the numbers, and after analyzing them, he doesn’t get scared.

Explaining, “When you look all over at the states who are seeing a lot of new cases, you have to look at who is getting infected because we should know by now, that the goal is not to eliminate all cases, that’s not rational, it’s not necessary, if we just protect the people who are going to have serious complications. We look at the cases, yes there’s a lot more cases, by the way they do not correlate in a time sense to any kind of reopening of states. If you look at the timing, that’s just a misstatement, a false narrative. The reality is they may correlate to the new protests and massive demonstrations, but it’s safe to say the majority of new cases are among younger, healthier people.”

Furthermore, Dr. Atlas emphasized the fact that the death rates are not going up, despite the increase in cases. “And that’s what really counts, are we getting people who are really sick and dying, and we’re not, and when we look at the hospitalizations, yes, hospitals are more crowded, but that’s mainly due to the re-installation of medical care for non COVID-19 patients.”

Dr. Atlas used Texas of an example saying, “90+% of ICU beds are occupied, but only 15% are COVID patients. 85% of the occupied beds are not COVID patients. I think we have to look at the data and be aware that it doesn’t matter if younger, healthier people get infected, I don’t know how often that has to be said, they have nearly zero risk of a problem from this. The only thing that counts are the older, more vulnerable people getting infected. And there’s no evidence that they really are.”

Dr. Atlas then pointed out the hospitalization length of stay is about half of what it once was.

https://www.kusi.com/dr-scott-atlas-...lth-officials/
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.