Page 189 of 343 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239289 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 5139

Thread: Corona Virus Peak Watch Thread

1. #2821 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Brazil had over 4000 deaths yesterday.

And they have 2/3 of our population.

That would be like the USA having over 6000 deaths in one day.

Their medical capabilities and hospitals have become overwhelmed.

It's a humanitarian crisis.

We don't want that here.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

moon (04-09-2021)

3. #2822 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Friday

4-9

USA

Total Cases 31,802,772

New Cases +85,368

Total Deaths 574,840

New Deaths +929

Total Recovered 24,346,766

Active Cases 6,881,166

Serious, Critical 9,078

Tot Cases/1M pop 95,647

Deaths/1M pop 1,729

Total Tests 416,789,330

Tests/1M pop 1,253,501
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

moon (04-11-2021)

5. #2823 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

85K New Cases!

6. #2824 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,426 Times in 5,873 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,509 Times in 6,253 Posts
    Blog Entries

‘Out of control’: Brazil’s COVID surge sparks regional fears
    Brazil’s South American neighbours worry a COVID-19 variant will spread quickly and lead to another wave of deaths.

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil – Almost a year ago to the day, the jungle city of Manaus grabbed international headlines after a flood of COVID-19 deaths forced gravediggers to dig mass burials – catapulting the city into the centre of Brazil’s coronavirus outbreak.

Those scenes are now being repeated throughout Brazil, where authorities are working day and night to bury the dead, with experts warning that the country’s funeral services could be the next to topple.

Since the start of the year, an uncontrollable second wave has pushed Brazil over the 300,000 death mark. As the country continues to hit grim milestones – a record 4,247 deaths on Thursday alone – the entire South American nation is now the global COVID-19 epicentre, with experts warning that 5,000 Brazilians could lose their lives in a single day in April.

Much of the fear is being directed to the P1 variant, linked to the Brazilian Amazon. If Brazil cannot control its high transmission rate, experts fear the country’s healthcare tragedy could endanger the world. If the virus is left to circulate freely, it could create the ideal breeding ground for new and even more deadly variants.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/...regional-fears
    El Trumpo, Bolsonaro, Boris Johnson- advocators of so-called ' herd immunity ' - essentially translated as putting money before people.

Between them, a milliion people dead. Stand up any JPP creepos who advocated ' herd immunity '.

" First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

7. #2825 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

8. #2826 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

I have Covid fatigue. All day, every day, Covid, Covid, Covid....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Controlled Opposition For This Post:

PoliTalker (04-11-2021)

10. #2827 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,106 Times in 12,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,443 Times in 1,387 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sunlight kills SARS-COV2 eight times faster than the experts guessed, The experts are either incompetent or they actively work to keep the truth from us....we are a year and a half in from this lab leak and they are just getting around to telling us some of the basics that they should have been able to figure out long long ago.
    1:24:15

I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

11. #2828 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That's three then. Any more ?

Maria Ressa.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to moon For This Post:

PoliTalker (04-11-2021)

13. #2829 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Cherry-picked!

Unequivocally.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

moon (04-11-2021)

15. #2830 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Controlled Opposition,

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled Opposition View Post
    I have Covid fatigue. All day, every day, Covid, Covid, Covid....
    So does everyone else.

Do you think you're alone in this?

You think others LIKE this?

You think people aren't totally over seeing the pandemic extended, even though they are doing everything they can to fight it, as they watch others pretend it's already gone? And thus foolishly spread it around? And cause it to be a bigger problem that will last longer and be even tougher to eradicate?

How many have to die before they accept reality?

Where is their guilt?

Have they none?

16. #2831 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Daft Omar 61 has been desperate for support since the death toll reached 62.

Maria Ressa.

17. #2832 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Saturday

4-10

USA

Total Cases 31,869,996

New Cases +66,780

Total Deaths 575,595

New Deaths +742

Total Recovered 24,423,589

Active Cases 6,870,812

Serious,Critical 9,218

Tot Cases/1M pop 95,848

Deaths/1M pop 1,731

Total Tests 418,230,631

Tests/1M pop 1,257,815

18. #2833 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello moon and Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    Daft Omar 61 has been desperate for support since the death toll reached 62.
    I agree the 61 deaths was a most regrettable choice for thread title. No, make that probably the single most regrettable choice. Certainly begging for criticism, yes. But that was a long time ago, and there is no righteousness in name-calling. Actually, it weakens an argument to include it. As if saying the argument itself is not enough, that this little insult has to be added just to push it over the top...

Yes, it was a poor choice of thread titles, one that I knew instantly when I first saw it that the author was going to live to regret saying that for a very long time.

I also know that making a good point should stand on it's own merit. And there is nothing good to come from cheapening an effective argument with pedestrian comments.

It's almost like you're trying to shame Darth into running away. And that would be a shame.

I admire you, Darth, for having the nerve to stand up for what you said. You've hung in there and endured tons of totally immature ribbing over it. I've hardly seen more salt poured into a JPP wound than that one. Bravo to you, sir.

Moon, we need to hear from Darth and anyone else who can state their views and add to the conversation in a constructive way. It would be totally boring and useless if all of us felt the same way. We need that variety of viewpoints to make these discussions work and help people understand one another. I do not agree with trying to shame people or possible run them off from the discussions. I like productive functional discussions that examine differing viewpoints in a respectful way. The way I see it, that's the best of JPP.

Attack the argument, not the arguer.

19. #2834 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Get real- Daft Omar 61 is STILL downplaying the seriousness of the death toll- long after it passed a half-million Americans. That could actually impact upon the life decisions that people make and be the indirect cause of further fatalities. You should be denigrating the fool yourself, not performing like some pious minder.

Maria Ressa.

20. #2835 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello moon,

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    Get real- Daft Omar 61 is STILL downplaying the seriousness of the death toll- long after it passed a half-million Americans. That could actually impact upon the life decisions that people make and be the indirect cause of further fatalities. You should be denigrating the fool yourself, not performing like some pious minder.
    And that gives us the opportunity to counter that position with solid scientific evidence.

You and I agree with one another on the urgency of taking appropriate measures to deal with the pandemic. What kind of a debate can WE have about it? That would be boring, just high fiving one another over and over.

Darth makes it interesting.

You have to appreciate the diversity of this nation.

We allow all this variety of viewpoints, and then when we boil that down into policy we know everything had been considered.